PDA

View Full Version : HEH! Listening to the Stoolwater sports talk again.

achiro
9/5/2007, 10:22 AM
This morning they were going off and it was greatness. Paraphrased and shortened, they basically said, "yet again we have been lied to, our expectations raised only to be stomped on again. Well I for one am sick of it. Tell us what to expect for real so we don't make fools of ourselves talking smack before games based on false information."

I was literally in tears laughing at these guys. I have no idea if they were serious or saying what the typical aggielite fan is saying today but it was greatness. They did of course go into the whole, "just a small number of plays go different and the game is different" and "we play them 5 times and we win 3" conversations as well.

DrZaius
9/5/2007, 10:26 AM
heh..

usmc-sooner
9/5/2007, 10:27 AM
I think Greg Swaim was saying that UGA would win the B12 and may play for a National Championship. People like Greg Swaim and Robert Allen really don't help the whole perception of Poke fans.

fadada1
9/5/2007, 10:31 AM
and we were only 7 points and a "game of which we don't speak" of away from having 3 nat'l championships this decade. and 4 trick plays away from a fiesta bowl win. and 2 games in the 80's from 2 more national championships.

WOW. it DOES look and feel better when you say it like that.

Jack T.
9/5/2007, 10:32 AM
Well, Swaim was also talking last week about our "mythical championships".

stoopified
9/5/2007, 10:51 AM
and we were only 7 points and a "game of which we don't speak" of away from having 3 nat'l championships this decade. and 4 trick plays away from a fiesta bowl win. and 2 games in the 80's from 2 more national championships.

WOW. it DOES look and feel better when you say it like that.to be a little more specfic we were 1 game awy from National Titles in '73,'77,78,'79,'86.'87.
Doesn't make feel better,just makes me mad that we did NOT win.

OKLA21FAN
9/5/2007, 10:53 AM
team on the rise!!!!!!

again

aurorasooner
9/5/2007, 10:54 AM
For crying out loud, if we went to play Georgia in the 1st game between the hedges, there's no guarantee that we could win it. Georgia's a good program, with a quality coach, and excellent athletes. Aggies were in the ozone this off-season, with all that greatest offense ever crap.
we play them 5 times and we win 3" conversations as well.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: I think OSU would win 1 out 5 in Athens but maybe 3 of 5 in Stoolwater.

fadada1
9/5/2007, 10:54 AM
to be a little more specfic we were 1 game awy from National Titles in '73,'77,78,'79,'86.'87.
Doesn't make feel better,just makes me mad that we did NOT win.
if you were a bama fan, you'd claim them anyway:D

fadada1
9/5/2007, 10:55 AM
I think OSU would win 1 out 500 in Athens but maybe 3 of 5000 in Stoolwater.
fixed

The_Red_Patriot
9/5/2007, 10:58 AM
I agree. Those two really don't help OSU.

deweydw
9/5/2007, 11:02 AM
Wait until they get beat by #18 ranked FCS (1-AA) Sam Houston State. Then the boards will be burning.

Piware
9/5/2007, 11:12 AM
That was the appetizer. The entree will be this afternoon when a heaping helping of how it was somehow all OUs fault. If it wasn't for we cheating Gooners their world's greatest offense would skip the conference schedule and championship game, Natl Championship and NFL draft. Bobby Reid would go straight to the Heisman ceremony with the Davie O'Brien in the trunk of his car. Adarius Bowman couldn't make it - he was getting ready for the Pro Bowl.

Gotta stop - this is just too easy.

StanberryWasIn
9/5/2007, 11:38 AM
Wait until they get beat by #18 ranked FCS (1-AA) Sam Houston State. Then the boards will be burning.

I'm really torn between my intense dislike of Bomar and thinking about how frigging funny that would be.

Dio
9/5/2007, 12:57 PM
Did they bring up the fact that the deep snapper who launched the ball over the punter's head was Blobert's son? There was an article in today's DOK about it.

MichiganSooner
9/5/2007, 01:56 PM
Funny thing about him hiking the ball over the punter's head, right before that play, the center introduced the world's greatest offense on tv pretending to be a rap singer.

The_Red_Patriot
9/5/2007, 02:16 PM
ha, wow. I just turned it on and BAM, Swaim and co are talking trash on OU.

http://www.eteamradio.com/tripleplay.htm

sooner518
9/5/2007, 02:20 PM
ha, wow. I just turned it on and BAM, Swaim and co are talking trash on OU.

:stunned: "Dem Gooners ran up the score on North Texas when North Texas had already taken their starters out!!! Bob has no class! Coach Gundy would never allow such a travesty to occur. Just watch when we play Sam Houston St., Gundy will call off the dogs in the middle of the 2nd quarter after our World's Greatest Offense in the History of All the Universe puts up 432 points on our 5 first half possessions! Gundy is all class!! Gooners!!!!! " :stunned:

The_Red_Patriot
9/5/2007, 02:52 PM
I remember Robert Allen trying to get some Deep snapper award recognized a while back.

Well, look who is the deep snapper at OSU----Robert's son

If there was an award for it his son blew it against Georgia.

jtothep
9/5/2007, 05:12 PM
I think OSU will be very tough to beat this year after learning from this experience. Once they kick their offense into high gear, it could be trouble for the rest of the Big 12.

Dio
9/5/2007, 05:17 PM
I think OSU will be very tough to beat this year after learning from this experience. Once they kick their offense into high gear, it could be trouble for the rest of the Big 12.

Whatever, Boone

Animal Mother
9/5/2007, 05:29 PM
When I read some of the things Agnes says on this board, I want to start smoking ganja again. I remember what it was like to be that high and then I start ………… What was this thread about?

silverwheels
9/5/2007, 05:33 PM

Uh, no. Their offensive reputation has been built on hype from their own athletic department and shredding very bad defenses. Any team with a good defense has no reason to be scared of the Pokes.

Ike
9/5/2007, 05:41 PM
Uh, no. Their offensive reputation has been built on hype from their own athletic department and shredding very bad defenses. Any team with a warm bodies on defense has no reason to be scared of the Pokes.

fixed it for ya. :P

silverwheels
9/5/2007, 05:47 PM
Heh. Well, they are better than the likes of Baylor and Iowa State, so I wanted to give them a little more credit than that. :D

birddog
9/5/2007, 06:34 PM
Once they kick their offense into high gear, it could be trouble for the rest of the Big 12.

that's the whole point of this thread. i've been hearing this for years.

tulsaoilerfan
9/5/2007, 06:37 PM
Heh. Well, they are better than the likes of Baylor and Iowa State, so I wanted to give them a little more credit than that. :D
Not so sure they are better than Baylor; is the game in Stoolwater or Waco this year? :D

picasso
9/5/2007, 07:11 PM
I think Greg Swaim was saying that UGA would win the B12 and may play for a National Championship. People like Greg Swaim and Robert Allen really don't help the whole perception of Poke fans.
what does any oSu fan know about what it takes to win the Big 12?

devOUt
9/5/2007, 07:18 PM
This is but one reason why aggies are so much fun to laugh at.

Piware
9/5/2007, 10:06 PM

The only thing they need to learn is to shut their yaps until they win a couple of Big XII conference titles and a national championship.

goingoneight
9/5/2007, 11:44 PM
:eddie: If I hadn't drunked that last bottle... err 'na half... I'duh blew a 3.1!!!!111!1

[/obligatory]

CatfishSooner
9/5/2007, 11:59 PM
OSU is funny...and quite sad

Crimsontothecore
9/6/2007, 12:13 AM
Well, Swaim was also talking last week about our "mythical championships".
OU's titles are always "mythical" according to osu.
Imagine being Swaim and having to make a living trying to sell positives about osu. Talk about fiction. They are just ****ed because they got embarrassed by Georgia even with gundy playing a child rapist.

texashater#1
9/6/2007, 12:21 AM

i hate bomar just as much as the next guy but i really hate osu. how bout if bomar breaks his leg in like the first quarter and Sam houston's back up qb beats the tar out of them

Ike
9/6/2007, 01:57 AM
OU's titles are always "mythical" according to osu.
Imagine being Swaim and having to make a living trying to sell positives about osu. Talk about fiction. They are just ****ed because they got embarrassed by Georgia even with gundy playing a child rapist.

Of course they are mythical. They don't believe that it is actually possible for anyone to win one.

goingoneight
9/6/2007, 02:03 AM
i hate bomar just as much as the next guy but i really hate osu. how bout if bomar breaks his leg in like the first quarter and Sam houston's back up qb beats the tar out of them
Bomar is just a kid that messed up. The fact that he plays for Sam Houston State instead of OKLAHOMA should make up for what he did. The booster should have been punished moreso. They are the ones responsible for handing off extra hours. And by "punish," I mean more than disassociation with OU for five years or whatever. Like fines from the NCAA.

OSU on the other hand, probably deserves a whoppin'... but Bomar's surrounding cat is not D1, and they'll need a cross between Appalachia State and Boise State kind of miracle just to hang with Booger Pickin' State.

texashater#1
9/6/2007, 12:04 PM
he did mess up but he is just as much at fault as the retard at big red, bomar knew wat he was doin and he went along with it

journeyman
9/6/2007, 12:21 PM
Uh, no. Their offensive reputation has been built on hype from their own athletic department and shredding very bad defenses. Any team with a good defense has no reason to be scared of the Pokes.

Defintion of very bad defenses = O-State's first team D, O-State's second team D, O-State's scout team D, etc.

jtothep
9/6/2007, 08:06 PM
We will get to see the greatest quarterback to ever dawn a sooner jersey this weekend when Bomar takes the field in Stillwater. Man, if we still had Bomar we would definetly be in natinal title contention this season. He would have easily broke every passing record and single-handedly taken us to the national title game.

usmc-sooner
9/6/2007, 08:44 PM
We will get to see the greatest quarterback to ever dawn a sooner jersey this weekend when Bomar takes the field in Stillwater. Man, if we still had Bomar we would definetly be in natinal title contention this season. He would have easily broke every passing record and single-handedly taken us to the national title game.

dude check the polls we are in Title contention without him.

Boomer Mooner
9/6/2007, 09:18 PM

Mite wanna chek out a spel chekker to.

Ike
9/6/2007, 09:43 PM

If by passing records, you mean "pass me a beer" records, then I agree...

OSUAggie
9/6/2007, 09:51 PM

That game's in 3 weeks.

The_Red_Patriot
9/7/2007, 01:36 PM
Is this OSU college radio or something?

OSUAggie
9/7/2007, 03:01 PM
Pretty much.

It's a Stillwater sports radio station with the likes of Swaim, Robert Allen, Rex Holt, Tom Dirato, etc.

You know, since the evil media in Tulsa and OKC is against OSU (and OU, for that matter). :rolleyes:

I_SMELL_FEAR
9/7/2007, 03:03 PM
speaking of stoolwater radio, they had some marketing guy from LosuR on today talking about the "worlds most powerful offense" marketing. He was backing away from it pretty quick, and said it was just a thing done in fun, meant for the spring game, which against that defense, the offense was pretty powerful....heh.

I doubt thats exactly true, but even if it is, its still funny how they are running from that slogan now, in typical aggot fashion just like the yearly "we are going to be really good this year" followed quickly by "just wait until basketball season" and a reference to all their rasslin and rodeo trophies.

wishbonesooner
9/7/2007, 04:27 PM
They have Mike freakin' Gundy as their head coach and they can't rationalize why they lost?

tommieharris91
9/7/2007, 04:36 PM
It'll be funny if Bomar gets cheered by the home fans in that game, then gets booed out of that rust-bucket with a victory.

Crucifax Autumn
9/8/2007, 01:03 AM
Do they have lots of watermelon commercials?

usmc-sooner
9/9/2007, 11:35 AM
Robert Allen and Swaim kept saying last week that UGA would be the toughest team they played all year, although Robert has said he thinks they we'll lose to OU.

Oh yeah they will not face a defense as good as Georgia the rest of the way. Hey Cowboys you better look a few miles to the South. I wonder what they think of UGA losing at home to an unranked South Carolina. Although there is a big difference between having a coach on your sideline and having Gundy/Pickens.

birddog
9/9/2007, 11:39 AM
speaking of stoolwater radio, they had some marketing guy from LosuR on today talking about the "worlds most powerful offense" marketing. He was backing away from it pretty quick, and said it was just a thing done in fun, meant for the spring game, which against that defense, the offense was pretty powerful....heh.

I doubt thats exactly true, but even if it is, its still funny how they are running from that slogan now, in typical aggot fashion just like the yearly "we are going to be really good this year" followed quickly by "just wait until basketball season" and a reference to all their rasslin and rodeo trophies.

i don't think it's possible to say it any better than this.

ruf/nekdad
9/9/2007, 11:52 AM

Shhhhh. You may be getting a bite.

TAFBSooner
9/9/2007, 08:48 PM
O state - "OU only wins 'mythical' national championships.":rolleyes:

ATM - "We never lose, we only 'run out of time.'" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I see a trend here.:D

DenverSooner751
9/9/2007, 09:08 PM
O state - "OU only wins 'mythical' national championships.":rolleyes:

ATM - "We never lose, we only 'run out of time.'" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I see a trend here.:D

The difference is, ATM has actually been in a re-building period. They have had some good teams in College Station. LosuR on the other hand has never had to re-build/re-load......well, they re-load alright.....They re-load themselves full of bullsh!t every year.

texashater#1
9/9/2007, 11:31 PM

ok bomar threw 10 td passes his freshmen year, bradford has almost got him beat in just 2 games, and for him to break jason whites record of 80 "easily" he would of had to thrown about 50 last year and 20 or so this year. think before you speak

ruf/nekdad
9/10/2007, 07:48 AM
Yep, got a couple of big ones in there too.

picasso
9/10/2007, 12:43 PM
Pretty much.

It's a Stillwater sports radio station with the likes of Swaim, Robert Allen, Rex Holt, Tom Dirato, etc.

You know, since the evil media in Tulsa and OKC is against OSU (and OU, for that matter). :rolleyes:
Sweatpants Swaim? The guy who thinks Georgia would win the Big 12? That knob?????

Mixer!
9/10/2007, 12:57 PM
True hilarity: Dirato spins your favorite oldies every Sunday night for two hours.

The_Red_Patriot
9/17/2007, 11:24 AM
Wow, Quality entertainment on this station.

People are calling for Gundys head and Robert can't believe people think this

They are in total OH S*** mode

Sooner Among The Pack
9/17/2007, 11:39 AM
Thanks for pointing this link back out again Red Patriot. This isn't a Michigan State quality meltdown, but it's equally as entertaining. They have decided holding hands in the huddle might help. :stunned:

OSUAggie
9/17/2007, 11:44 AM
I guess it's no longer en vogue to be content with a ****ty football team with all these promises of grandeur, but people are going ****ing insane after 3 games. Granted, Friday's performance was beyond ****ty, but it wasn't terribly different than last year's Houston game.

The lesson should be for the ****tards that make the schedule to quit playing road games against non-BCS teams (unless it's Tulsa - but I wouldn't even schedule that game). Who does a home-and-home series with a Sun Belt team... in back-to-back years?

No shame in losing @ Georgia or to someone of their ilk, but we have no business even playing @ Troy - especially not on TV, and definitely not on a Friday night at their house. We're not good enough to walk into a hornet's nest and silence the mother ****ers from the onset.

The idea is to make the perception of the schedule more daunting than the reality - not the opposite. ****ing morons.

OKLA21FAN
9/17/2007, 11:51 AM
'on the rise'?,,,,,,,,,

again.....and again......again :pop:

toast
9/17/2007, 11:54 AM
:les:
I guess it's no longer en vogue to be content with a ****ty football team with all these promises of grandeur, but people are going ****ing insane after 3 games. Granted, Friday's performance was beyond ****ty, but it wasn't terribly different than last year's Houston game.

The lesson should be for the ****tards that make the schedule to quit playing road games against non-BCS teams (unless it's Tulsa - but I wouldn't even schedule that game). Who does a home-and-home series with a Sun Belt team... in back-to-back years?

No shame in losing @ Georgia or to someone of their ilk, but we have no business even playing @ Troy - especially not on TV, and definitely not on a Friday night at their house. We're not good enough to walk into a hornet's nest and silence the mother ****ers from the onset.

The idea is to make the perception of the schedule more daunting than the reality - not the opposite. ****ing morons.

:les: "I'll put this team against any sucker in the country!"

well, except troy or any other Sun Belt team

on a Friday night

when the wind isn't blowing

usmc-sooner
9/17/2007, 11:56 AM
that radio station aint much worse than the James Hale show.

Here's a list of guys James thinks will be making money in the NFL or he thinks has a great shot.
Defense Dotson, Granger, McCoy, Williams, English, Reynolds, Lofton, Smith, Walker, Harris, Holmes, Wofe and Williams
Offense
Finley, Gresham, Kelly, Iglasies, Braxton, Duke, Cooper, Walker, Loadholt, Williams, Patrick, Murray, Bradford if he stays healthy.
that's 26 guys
I once heard him say it didn't matter what he saw happen on the field if the coaches say different he's going with what they say.

swardboy
9/17/2007, 12:04 PM
Wow, Quality entertainment on this station.

People are calling for Gundys head and Robert can't believe people think this

They are in total OH S*** mode

I'm thinking that station isn't linking right now, I tried......:D

MikeInNorman
9/17/2007, 12:05 PM
Never forget. Never, ever forget:

http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/ads1/24432.jpg

picasso
9/17/2007, 12:26 PM

no different than last year's Houston game? serially? I watched an oSu team vs. Troy that had no enthusiasm and no idea what they were doing.
it was sad to watch, even for me a true oSu hater type.

SoonerRecon
9/17/2007, 01:04 PM
gundy press conference in progress is a classic:

so far he's said that only OU and tx can play press coverage. when he goes to work it's dark, and when he comes home it's dark, and he has no idea what the fans think. he doesn't read the newspaper, watch TV, listen to the radio, or read the internet.

XFollower
9/17/2007, 01:08 PM
Famous statistics by Gundy on the press conference...

"1/2 of 118 teams win and 1/2 of 118 teams lose"

Amazing, the guy is brilliant.

sooner518
9/17/2007, 01:10 PM

NO EXCUSES!!!!!

Piware
9/17/2007, 01:45 PM
gundy press conference in progress is a classic:

so far he's said that only OU and tx can play press coverage. when he goes to work it's dark, and when he comes home it's dark, and he has no idea what the fans think. he doesn't read the newspaper, watch TV, listen to the radio, or read the internet.

Hey, it's dark down there in that cellar especially with all that hair gel plugging up your ears and dripping in your eyes.

Seriously, with the Poke fans busy organizing the lynching party I wonder how long it will be until Booger Pickens intervenes and tells them to STFU.
Besides, where would Gumby go if his "dream job" caves in cuz I sure don't know who would take him. Maybe he can go live with Eddie.

mdklatt
9/17/2007, 01:58 PM
Maybe he can go live with Eddie.

Good, then Eddie would have somebody to drive him around. :texan:

Hamhock
9/17/2007, 02:03 PM
think they would let us use their new stadium as overflow? we could broadcast the game on the big screens, send the horsepigs and allow many more people to experience a big time game.

it's a win-win!!!

OSUAggie
9/17/2007, 04:59 PM
no different than last year's Houston game? serially? I watched an oSu team vs. Troy that had no enthusiasm and no idea what they were doing.
it was sad to watch, even for me a true oSu hater type.

Not terribly different...

Not exactly the same...

Defense was pathetic, effort was questionable, offense turned the ball over way too much, etc... all of those are characteristics of both games.

The only difference is that the offense typically got closer to the goal line before turning it over in the Houston game.

ruf/nekdad
9/17/2007, 05:16 PM
think they would let us use their new stadium as overflow? we could broadcast the game on the big screens, send the horsepigs and allow many more people to experience a big time game.

it's a win-win!!!

Brilliant!! ;)

Mixer!
9/17/2007, 08:50 PM
I wonder if Fedora has his feelers out for a new job yet, since that's who's going to take the fall this year. :pop:

wishbonesooner
9/17/2007, 09:30 PM
Hey ag: You guys hired as a head coach in the Big 12 conference, a guy that had been an assistant at Baylor. What else had he done to warrant getting the job? He's an OSU guy, whooee, big deal. He wasn't ready for the job, he's in way over his head, and only Boone's money and influence is keeping him there.

goingoneight
9/18/2007, 12:23 AM
:les:

:les: "I'll put this team against any sucker in the country!"

well, except troy or any other Sun Belt team

on a Friday night

when the wind isn't blowing

... when we're not on TV.

Crucifax Autumn
9/18/2007, 01:30 AM
I love when a coach, or anyone else for that matter, brags about being an uninformed moron! Why can't they get a friggin' coach that can win every game except against us? I don't really like 'em or anything, but it would be nice to have a team not making my home state look like jackholes all the time.

texashater#1
9/18/2007, 01:44 PM
Not terribly different...

Not exactly the same...

Defense was pathetic, effort was questionable, offense turned the ball over way too much, etc... all of those are characteristics of both games.

The only difference is that the offense typically got closer to the goal line before turning it over in the Houston game.

yeah but you morons called yourself the most powerful offense in the world this year. that only set you up to go straight down

OUMonster
9/18/2007, 01:57 PM
OSU REEKS WITH THE STENCH OF A THOUSAND ANUSES

OSUAggie
9/18/2007, 02:25 PM
yeah but you morons called yourself the most powerful offense in the world this year. that only set you up to go straight down

By "you morons", I assume you mean the marketing department?

For the sake of accuracy - the offense in the spring game was labeled as the "world's most powerful", not the 2007 version. It's hard not to look like the most powerful offense in the world against our defense.

But yes, I agree that it was a pethetic marketing phrase that was initially something only POSSE members and season ticket holders were to see in an effort to put more asses in the seats for the Spring Game. Unfortunately, somebody forgot to tell the geniuses in the marketing department that there are people outside of that 30,000-person window that do, in fact, have internet access and can go to okstate.com to see the now-infamous banner.

The lack of communication between the football staffers and the marketing team was pathetic and hopefully it has been fixed (hopefully better than the defense was fixed).

CobraKai
9/18/2007, 04:00 PM

For the sake of accuracy - the offense in the spring game was labeled as the "world's most powerful", not the 2007 version. It's hard not to look like the most powerful offense in the world against our defense.

But yes, I agree that it was a pethetic marketing phrase that was initially something only POSSE members and season ticket holders were to see in an effort to put more asses in the seats for the Spring Game. Unfortunately, somebody forgot to tell the geniuses in the marketing department that there are people outside of that 30,000-person window that do, in fact, have internet access and can go to okstate.com to see the now-infamous banner.

The lack of communication between the football staffers and the marketing team was pathetic and hopefully it has been fixed (hopefully better than the defense was fixed).

Good response. Agreed.

Hamhock
9/18/2007, 04:08 PM

is this a fark? seriously.

Landthief 1972
9/18/2007, 04:11 PM

Now if you can just beat down the sportscaster at the Troy game who said, "OSU, a team on the rise..."

I nearly spit beer all over the tv when he said that.