PDA

View Full Version : Jermie Calhoun Question

southern sooner
9/5/2007, 08:45 AM
How strong is he on his verbal? I am sure every TV game will continue to talk up how deep and loaded we are at RB, does this cause him to look elsewhere or does he stick to his word, considering AP will be gone and he will be in the mix?

Thoughts?

SOONER STEAKER
9/5/2007, 09:56 AM
Calhoun would possibly redshirt. That would make Brown a senior when he would play his redshirt season. Madu would be a junior and Murray would be a junior.

Calhoun would learn the mastery of running the ball with all those great backs in front of him.

Remember, great backs don't need to touch the ball that much to make a game changing play. They just need a small crease so they can turn on the after burners.

RUN FOREST RUN

usmc-sooner
9/5/2007, 10:17 AM
I think Calhoun talent wise would be very close to Murray and Brown next year. I don't think he's got to worry about getting on the field.

Collier11
9/5/2007, 04:25 PM
I think Calhoun talent wise would be very close to Murray and Brown next year. I don't think he's got to worry about getting on the field.

Jared Estus?

snp
9/5/2007, 06:24 PM
He's said many times he is very solid.

14 carries 128 yards 1 TD, 2 catches 35 yards 1 TD in his opening game. Didn't play in the 4th.

insuranceman_22
9/5/2007, 11:04 PM
From what he says and what's written, he's a solid Sooner. His running style isn't comparable to Murray (at least what I've seen of him). He can hammer like AP, but he seems to have a little more lateral movement. He's got tremendous talent and althought there is quite a bit in front of him, I don't think he's a redshirt next year......

Will
9/5/2007, 11:34 PM
where is he from...

Ardmore_Sooner
9/5/2007, 11:57 PM
Van, TX

MojoRisen
9/7/2007, 09:52 AM
I think he can get in the mix- I like having 3/4 backs and versatility in how we use them.

If we can stay dynamic and have over 450-500 yards a game total o- I don't think anyone would be un happy with getting 10-15 touches recieving or running.

MojoRisen
9/7/2007, 09:52 AM
I think he can get in the mix- I like having 3/4 backs and versatility in how we use them.

If we can stay dynamic and have over 450-500 yards a game total o- I don't think anyone would be un happy with getting 10-15 touches recieving or running.

yermom
9/12/2007, 04:33 PM

Collier11
9/12/2007, 04:36 PM
:)

LoyalFan
9/13/2007, 02:45 AM
Calhoun would possibly redshirt. That would make Brown a senior when he would play his redshirt season. Madu would be a junior and Murray would be a junior.

Calhoun would learn the mastery of running the ball with all those great backs in front of him.

Remember, great backs don't need to touch the ball that much to make a game changing play. They just need a small crease so they can turn on the after burners.

RUN...Forest....FORREST...(fixed, under warranty. No charge.) RUN

LF

The Consumate Showman
9/13/2007, 12:56 PM
Jermie can catch the ball out of the backfield and line up in the slot as well. He is a versatile player and runs in at LB for Van, too. Jermie should take Van very deep into the playoffs.

And about that commitment...many have said that all UT has to do is offer and he will go, but when one thinks to what UT did to him, it's hard to believe he would even consider UT even if they were the only team to offer him. Basically, they told him, "...you're not smart enough to graduate from here and DeLoss thinks that because our grad rate is as low as it is, we need to stop getting guys like YOU, and try to find some guys that can graduate and get the NCAA off our backs."

I would say he is the epitome of solid.

sooner518
9/13/2007, 02:05 PM
I would say he is the epitomy of solid.
and also the epitome. :D

The Consumate Showman
9/14/2007, 03:28 PM
and also the epitome. :D

OoPs...:D