PDA

View Full Version : Stoop's Tuesday Press Conference

FaninAma
9/4/2007, 02:02 PM
I listened to Bob's presser today and he sounded very relaxed and confident. He said the team had no injuries and continued to practice in a "great way." He spoke at length about the intangibles of this team including the way they practiced with a purpose and didn't have to be urged to spend extra time watching film.

He gave the appropriate props to Miami and Shannon and he did state he thought there was no difference in the raw talent level between the teams.

He also stated the team loves the 11:00 kickoffs even though he understands why the fans don't.

Gave a lot of props to Sam. He stated that the OL was very close to being as physical as they wanted them to be in the running game. He stated that some of the problem was due to timimg of the blocking tecniques that they can't practice in the summer...he didn't call it chop blocking and stated it is legal and used by all teams but in practice they don't engage in any blocking tecniques that call for engaging the DL below the waist.

I thought one of the better moments of the conference was when somebody asked him if the upsets by supposed "cupcakes" would make it more likely that teams would schedule tougher opponents just so, if they lost, their entire season wouldn't be cratered like Michigan's was. He stated that was a possibility or teams shoud just be sure and not schedule Appalachian State.

Overall Coach Stoops seemed very relaxed and was about as engaging as I've heard him with the reporters. I may be reading too much into this but I liked what I heard.

OKC-SLC
9/4/2007, 02:32 PM
I think he knows what's up. I wonder if he has a great feeling about this year?

Flagstaffsooner
9/4/2007, 02:33 PM
I hope Coach is right. Playing the thugs just gives me the creeps.

And there is going to be another D-IAA upset over a D-IA team this week and it will happen in my state.

OKC-SLC
9/4/2007, 02:50 PM
Probably just a carry over from some booty action last night. ;)
I have seen Carol Stoops in person. I see no problem with that.

SoonerBOI
9/4/2007, 06:22 PM
I have seen Carol Stoops in person. I see no problem with that.
pics?:D

soonersn2007
9/4/2007, 06:34 PM
Got a link for a recorded stream?

Octavian
9/4/2007, 06:53 PM
this was the best opening day performance in several years.

It's good to see Bob in good spirits. The last couple of years haven't thrown much luck our way and he's had to deal with more problems in the last 2 years than in his first 6.

Hopefully, Bob is having more fun now and believes a lot of the troubles of the last couple years are behind us. At least it seems that way from listening to him. He was the same way the other night on his coach's show with Deano.

He stated that the OL was very close to being as physical as they wanted them to be in the running game.

in Stoopsese, that could translate into "not very impressed." ;)

Our run blocking must be much improved against the Canes to keep Sam out of dealing with a lot of 3rd-and-long situations. It'll be interesting to see how Bob and KW make adjustments this week and how well we execute them. I'm glad we get AP and Brown back and hopefully they're both 100%. It's the key to the game imo.