PDA

View Full Version : Will the TB depth chart change after DeMarco

stoopified
9/4/2007, 12:39 PM
had such a big debut and Mosis had a chance to show his game?My personal opinion is no.The reason I say that is because AP and UPS played well all year last season and this was just one game.I think we are still looking at:

A. Patrick
C. Brown
D, Murray
M. Madu
J. Guttirrez
I really hate to list Jake at 5 but there must be a talent/potential gap there or Gute would have been higher on the depth chart to start with Cannot beat his character and leadership contribution to the team though.

colleyvillesooner
9/4/2007, 12:41 PM
I agree with others that said we might should redshirt Brown.

Paperclip
9/4/2007, 12:42 PM
I'd swap Murray and Brown on your list.

stoopified
9/4/2007, 12:45 PM
I'd swap Murray and Brown on your list.
You may both be right but I think one game is not enough to judge by.

Paperclip
9/4/2007, 12:46 PM
You may both be right but I think one game is not enough to judge by.

Fair enough, but I've seen enough of Murray to want him to touch the ball as many times as possible.

PhiDeltBeers
9/4/2007, 12:51 PM
I'd like to see Murray in the slot w/ AP in the backfield. I was suprised to see so much I formation Saturday night. Anyone else surprised with that?

BermudaSooner
Fair enough, but I've seen enough of Murray to want him to touch the ball as many times as possible.

I think on goalline or short yardage situations you need someone else in there. Patrick or Brown bring more to that situation than Murray.

westcoast_sooner
Seems like we have the depth to run a fresh guy out there all day long against opponents like Miami etc. Or, we have the flexibility to put some real talented guys in, spread the field with different formations and put Patrick in as tailback and Murray in the slot. Then come back with Brown as tailback - pound their front seven all day long - run, run, run - maybe with a little bit of no huddle and wear them down by the 4th.

sooner518
9/4/2007, 12:57 PM
Murray needs to be in as much as possible, whether it be in the backfield or in the slot, however I'd prefer AP or CB in short yardage. They seem to explode through the hole to get those tough yards.

Short yardage situations were the only time where we didnt absolutely dominate on Saturday. Thats completely nitpicking I know, but I think AP/CB are better at that kind of running.

Soonermagik
9/4/2007, 01:00 PM
Murray and Patrick will be the starters

Texas Golfer
9/4/2007, 01:13 PM
Seems like we have the depth to run a fresh guy out there all day long against opponents like Miami etc. Or, we have the flexibility to put some real talented guys in, spread the field with different formations and put Patrick in as tailback and Murray in the slot. Then come back with Brown as tailback - pound their front seven all day long - run, run, run - maybe with a little bit of no huddle and wear them down by the 4th.

I agree that this would be best for the team. I only hope egos don't get in the way and one or more want to be a featured back.

Paperclip
9/4/2007, 01:15 PM
I understand the opinion of rotating fresh backs, but isn't there something to letting a guy get in a groove with repeated carries?

stoopified
9/4/2007, 01:34 PM
Let me try this again.My last post dissappearred for no apparent reason.Balancing fresh runners on the field vs. not taking a guy out when he is in THE ZONE or GROOVE is a tough balancing act.Balncing egos as mentioned also could be key.Barry was great at that,maybe he should talk to the TB core?Not playing talented players cost us before losing Choice and Tennial.BTW did Tennial get crossways with the new TU staff?I didn't see him play in their first game at all.Granted I only watched bits and pieces of it.

SOONER STEAKER
9/4/2007, 01:40 PM
With Patrick having a bumbo ankle, why would you redshirt Brown? He has been hurt twice, once last year nd this preseason, this could be a reacurring injury.

I would thinkthey would be Murrya in the slot and use him as a decoy on plays that will make the defense be honest.

Stoopfied, Tennial has a umb ankle.

mhackl
9/4/2007, 01:43 PM
I see that D. Murray leads the NCAA in scoring in week one (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/sortables?stat=score&sort=pts&group=80&season=2&year=2007). That's gotta make you feel good.

soonerhubs
9/4/2007, 01:43 PM
I'd like to see Murray in the slot w/ AP in the backfield. I was suprised to see so much I formation Saturday night. Anyone else surprised with that?

I was initially, but then I thought more on how we hopefully didn't show many wrinkles in our offense yet to be shown on the likes of Miami or Texas.

JohnnyMack
9/4/2007, 01:50 PM
KeJuan Jones looked good until AD showed up.

S'all I'm sayin'.

TheUnnamedSooner
9/4/2007, 01:52 PM
Man, this is a good problem to have!!

aurorasooner
9/4/2007, 02:04 PM
Man, this is a good problem to have!! I was just getting ready to say. If you can't find a set and blocking scheme with our OL and running backs to get some rushing yards, then there's something wrong.

Jason White's Third Knee
9/4/2007, 02:11 PM
Man, this is a good problem to have!!

Knock on wood.

BASSooner
9/4/2007, 02:14 PM
We just might have to radically rotate RBs(similar to what USC is doing but not to their extent). Doesn't hurt to do something like that now since we have Calhoun and Johnson coming and a possible addition of Bryce Brown for the 09 class.

sooneron
9/4/2007, 02:50 PM
KeJuan Jones looked good until he would trip on hash marks.

S'all I'm sayin'.
fixed

sooneron
9/4/2007, 02:51 PM
Let Patrick and Brown (occasionally) punish the front 7 and then slide Murray from the slot to TB for a change of pace.

oumartin
9/4/2007, 03:26 PM
Kejuan was still a better goal line back than AD!

RedstickSooner
9/4/2007, 03:36 PM
I'm all for a thread discussing our running back situation.

I just don't see what it has to do with the Buccaneers.

:D

Paperclip
9/4/2007, 03:53 PM
Kejuan was still a better goal line back than AD!

Were you able to type that with a straight face?

stoopified
9/9/2007, 04:16 PM
I think AP showed why he is the #1 TB when healthy in the UM game.Seven carries and forty-seven yards running at the heart of the UM D.

soonersn2007
9/9/2007, 04:53 PM
Two thoughts, I think a healthy AP is our best running back and I would rest him with Chris Brown.

Alternatively, Murray is to damn good not to be on the field. So I would play him in the slot and close to the line in which he could swing around on reverses or even go into motion behind Sam for quick pitches, or slide underneath after our WRs go long and clear out the secondary. I am hoping Kevin Wilson has these ideas in his head already.

stoopified
9/9/2007, 05:17 PM
Murray is great on the edge and in the open field.I also think DM7 is our best reciever out of the backfield so I think he has abig role to play,but not as #1.Brown gives us good power running similar to AP and deserves some carries. Madu also in limted action has impressed me.My viewing of the depth chart still stands like before:

A.Patrick
C.Brown
D.Murray
M.Madu