PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft word/imbedded photo help

achiro
9/4/2007, 10:30 AM
I need to save some photos that are in a word document into my harddrive so that I can then upload them to an imagehost server. I cannot figure out at all how to do it. Help a brotha out please. TYIA

achiro
9/4/2007, 11:05 AM
If someone would rather me just email the document and let you do it than take the time to explain it here I can do that also. Please help me!:O :D

sooner_born_1960
9/4/2007, 11:06 AM
Can you just right click the image, copy, paste into paint, save as... ?

Hot Rod
9/4/2007, 11:09 AM
Can you just right click the image, copy, paste into paint, save as... ?

That'd be my suggestion as well.

achiro
9/4/2007, 11:14 AM
That works better than anything I have tried but it saves it in a very strange color. I tried it a few times and it isn't working right so far.:confused:

sooner_born_1960
9/4/2007, 11:15 AM
What are you saving as?

achiro
9/4/2007, 11:34 AM
What are you saving as?
I've tried a few different formats. It actually just opens it like I described above once I click paste. I don't even have to get to the save as step.:confused:

Leroy Lizard
9/4/2007, 11:46 AM
I've tried a few different formats. It actually just opens it like I described above once I click paste. I don't even have to get to the save as step.:confused:

A dirty way of doing this is to press the Prnt Scrn button on your keyboard, then open a paint utility (such as Photoshop or Paint) and paste. Then crop it.

You can use Quick Screen Capture (www.etrusoft.com/) to drag a rectangle around the area to be screen captured, which saves the trouble of cropping.

Not the best way, but if all else fails...

Leroy Lizard
9/4/2007, 11:47 AM
By the way, your capturing of the images in the Word document could be a copyright violation.

achiro
9/4/2007, 12:30 PM
By the way, your capturing of the images in the Word document could be a copyright violation.
No worries. I have a retriever forum, dedicated to field trial and other dog competition folks. We do a dog of the month, where the owner of said dog can tell the story of the dog from puppy, through competition and on. This months entry sent their story in word format and imbedded the pics. I am trying to move it to the forum and use the pics, the owner is out of town and can't send me the pics again for several weeks. :(

RacerX
9/4/2007, 02:21 PM
The trick here is to save the word document as html.

Word will create a folder of images contained in the document (now web page).

Saving as html is also a great way to get around password "protected" documents. You can view source and delete the password info, then resave as a word document.

I sent you a zip, achiro. Hopefully you'll get it.