PDA

View Full Version : Grocery Shopping

royalfan5
9/4/2007, 10:05 AM
For what kind of time horizon do you buy your groceries? I tend to buy enough food to cover four days at a time, with some of the staple stuff lasting longer because of the size it comes in. I find that I am much more efficient about my food consumption that way.

Boomer.....
9/4/2007, 10:07 AM
I go to the store about once a month. Anymore than that and I would go crazy.

Hot Rod
9/4/2007, 10:08 AM
I go to the store about once a month. Anymore than that and I would go crazy.

That's what we do, but then when there are some really great buys, we have to go to take advantage of them.

sooner_born_1960
9/4/2007, 10:09 AM
My wife goes once or twice a week. Oddly enough, she buys enough for two weeks each time. Or, so it seems.

rufnek05
9/4/2007, 10:14 AM
i go about once a week. well i go to homeland about once a week. targets once every 2 weeks or so.

TUSooner
9/4/2007, 10:46 AM
We go once per week, some weeks we buy more than other weeks. Mrs TU likes to plan a week's worth of suppers (which is usually only 3 or 4 because we are all off in different directions.
I always go along. I love grocery shopping; there's just something soothing and reassuring about being in a large clean store surrounded by food.

Tailwind
9/4/2007, 10:48 AM
I go every 2 weeks. If I run out of something, thats just too bad.

sooner_born_1960
9/4/2007, 10:57 AM
We go once per week, some weeks we buy more than other weeks. Mrs TU likes to plan a week's worth of suppers (which is usually only 3 or 4 because we are all off in different directions.
I always go along. I love grocery shopping; there's just something soothing and reassuring about being in a large clean store surrounded by food.
You are just baiting Dean.

dolemitesooner
9/4/2007, 12:16 PM
I go when I am hungry

soonersweetie
9/4/2007, 03:43 PM
once a week, usually on Thursday, cause that's when payday is.

IB4OU2
9/4/2007, 03:52 PM
Depends, how long will corn keep RF?

NormanPride
9/4/2007, 03:52 PM
I'm not nearly organized enough to plan 2 weeks worth of meals. Too much random crap happens to mess with dinner plans. And if I buy more than one week, it never gets eaten since there's just two of us, and badger is miniscule in appetite.

royalfan5
9/4/2007, 03:54 PM
Depends, how long will corn keep RF?
The only corn I eat comes indirectly in the form of beef and pork or cornbread. I've never been that enamored with eating corn otherwise.

crawfish
9/4/2007, 04:05 PM
If I bought 3 weeks of "popular" food, the kids'd eat it in four days.

Gotta be a week until I get them out of the house.

soonerbrat
9/4/2007, 04:11 PM
Since I live alone right now, I just buy enough for a few days at a time..

King Crimson
9/4/2007, 04:18 PM
Since I live alone right now, I just buy enough for a few days at a time..

that's what i do. with a lot of dry goods in the pantry and the "doomsday box" (for the event of catastrophe like the collapse of the banking system, flooding--i do live in a flood plain, or the decision to quit my job and never leave the house for as long as possible, these things) like canned stuff, dried rice noodles and pasta or whatever so i'm basically buying perishable items like chicken, vegetables, fruit and bread and such.

do you people not eat fresh vegetables who are buying for more than one week at a time?

C&CDean
9/4/2007, 04:48 PM
Where's the "NEVER, BECAUSE IT'S CHICK'S WORK" choice?

I'll be stopping at the Walmart in Arvada, CO this coming Sunday to stock up for the hunting trip. Last time I went grocery shopping was the last hunting trip. As it should be.

leavingthezoo
9/4/2007, 04:53 PM
once a month for the staples, and every two days for veggies and fruits and stuffs. (the farmer's market)

IB4OU2
9/4/2007, 04:56 PM
Where's the "NEVER, BECAUSE IT'S CHICK'S WORK" choice?

I'll be stopping at the Walmart in Arvada, CO this coming Sunday to stock up for the hunting trip. Last time I went grocery shopping was the last hunting trip. As it should be.

Amen....except I would have starved to death about 3 months ago.

85Sooner
9/4/2007, 05:42 PM
1 to 2 x per week. but have 2 little ones

SoonerBOI
9/4/2007, 05:45 PM
i buy food worth two weeks. It would end up lasting the whole month.

soonerboomer93
9/4/2007, 06:13 PM
um, it depends. I literally have to shop between 4 different stores.

I have to go to the black market to pick up bacon, american foods. I try to do that every couple weeks.

I go to 1 store just because they have a few american items and they keep their eggs cold (most stores keep them warm).

The big home plug (think super target) I go buy meat and some other items from. It's close to work, but I don't want to go weekly, so I just go in every couple weeks and stock up.

There's another store 1 block away if I just need to run and grab certain things.

Tailwind
9/4/2007, 09:56 PM
I get paid every 2 weeks. I take cabs everywhere I go. Fresh produce stays fresh longer if you know how to handle it. I am not about to spend extra money on cabs if I don't have to. I'm thrifty (read cheap) that way.

olevetonahill
9/4/2007, 10:40 PM
I hate going to the store . So when I do I buy enough to last 6 months or so . When some of the stuff rots I toss it out to the critters ( they gotta eat to )
When I get low enough on food that I cant scrape something together to eat , I know I have to go back