PDA

View Full Version : Tweak Miami's Punter...

soonerspudman
9/4/2007, 12:17 AM
For those of you at the Miami game this Saturday, keep this in mind whenever Miami is punting...

Shannon says Bosher was anxious: Freshman Matt Bosher, a Jupiter High graduate, had a tough first game as a collegian.

Bosher averaged 26.8 yards on four punts, including a 14-yarder in his first career punt.

"He was nervous," Shannon said. "That's going to happen with a guy first time doing it. He'll get better."

Sure, he'll get a lot better in front of 84,000 screaming sooner fans...

KantoSooner
9/4/2007, 12:35 AM
What a nightmare for the poor guy. hehehehehe.
Actually,UNT's punter was pretty dam good. Imagine what our return guys would do with a short punt (and I imagine, limited hang time).
I can not wait until Saturday.

47straight
9/4/2007, 01:17 AM
Bud Wilkinson quote about kicking game and all that

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/4/2007, 01:50 AM
For those of you at the Miami game this Saturday, keep this in mind whenever Miami is punting...
[I]
Shannon says Bosher was anxious: Freshman Matt Bosher, a Jupiter High graduate, had a tough first game as a collegian.

Sure, he'll get a lot better in front of 84,000 screaming sooner fans...IT'S UP TO YOU GUYS in Norman this sat., to make sure he DOESN'T GET BETTER!!! Ya Hear me????

RedstickSooner
9/4/2007, 10:17 AM
What we need to do is get the entire fanbase to laugh when he takes the field, not yell -- that'd affect his confidence a *lot* more than any kind of shouting would.

Shame we're not that organized as a fanbase. Not to mention, laughing on purpose is kinda difficult ;)

soonerspudman
9/4/2007, 10:44 AM
What we need to do is get the entire fanbase to laugh when he takes the field, not yell -- that'd affect his confidence a *lot* more than any kind of shouting would.

Shame we're not that organized as a fanbase. Not to mention, laughing on purpose is kinda difficult ;)

Just picture Les Miles wearing orange...

Dio
9/4/2007, 12:27 PM

Bosher averaged 26.8 yards on four punts, including a 14-yarder in his first career punt.

"He was nervous," Shannon said. "That's going to happen with a guy first time doing it. He'll get better."

Sure, he'll get a lot better in front of 84,000 screaming sooner fans...

"four-teen-yard-er clap clap clapclapclap"

Miami1Fan
9/4/2007, 12:34 PM
none of his punts were going to be 50 yarders since he was just past mid-field on most of them and was tryin to sky his punts so they could be downed inside the 20. he just over did it and hit straight pop ups a couple of times - especially that 14 yarder. His leg is strong. Now will he shank one aginast y'all? That's possible but he's capable of knocking others 60 yards as well. RS Freshman punters are hard to guess on.

OKC-SLC
9/4/2007, 12:54 PM
none of his punts were going to be 50 yarders since he was just past mid-field on most of them and was tryin to sky his punts so they could be downed inside the 20. he just over did it and hit straight pop ups a couple of times - especially that 14 yarder. His leg is strong. Now will he shank one aginast y'all? That's possible but he's capable of knocking others 60 yards as well. RS Freshman punters are hard to guess on.
Good to know your offense stalled it up just inside midfield.

Any concerns how your O will do against what I'm going to guess is a tad better D than Marshall's?

Miami1Fan
9/4/2007, 01:03 PM
Not really too concerned actually. We had too many dropped balls, but outside of that I feel good about our offense. I am one of the Cane fans that wanted Kirby Freeman to be named starter though. People who wanted Kyle Wright may have concerns. Our offense didn't run one draw, one screen, one play with mis-direction, or one double move on a route. It was about as vanilla as vanilla gets. Of course I would have like to see our QB go 21-23 instead of the numbers he put up, but its okay. I feel confident our QB will respond well to the pressure that will be brought by your defense.

Zing
9/4/2007, 02:07 PM
"four-teen-yard-er clap clap clapclapclap"

So let it be written, so let it be done.

Hot Rod
9/4/2007, 02:17 PM
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/I][/B]

Just picture Les Miles wearing orange...

I spit my drink out while reading this! LOL

OKC-SLC
9/4/2007, 02:27 PM
Not really too concerned actually. We had too many dropped balls, but outside of that I feel good about our offense. I am one of the Cane fans that wanted Kirby Freeman to be named starter though. People who wanted Kyle Wright may have concerns. Our offense didn't run one draw, one screen, one play with mis-direction, or one double move on a route. It was about as vanilla as vanilla gets. Of course I would have like to see our QB go 21-23 instead of the numbers he put up, but its okay. I feel confident our QB will respond well to the pressure that will be brought by your defense.
I can respect your opinions. And now that I have thrown up in my mouth after using the word 'respect' in describing a Miamuh fan, I will tell you that I did see him make a lot of bad throws (overthrows, throws at the feet, etc.) in situations where he's GOT to complete the pass. You all have athletes, that's for sure. But 84000 fans + speedy D = recipe for continued over/underthrows.

In a nutshell, I see two defenses who are very good. I, being a Sooner fan, think ours is better but let's call it a draw.

I see our offense as better than MU's.

I see our special teams as better than MU's. We're talking about your punter in this very thread. We have two decent punters and a Lou Groza finalist who missed ONE field goal effort last year (it was blocked in a desperate attempt to take back the game at Oregon).

I see our coaches having an edge over MU's (although I think Shannon may be a good one).

I see a home field advantage your kids unfortunately never get the chance to experience.

Miami1Fan
9/4/2007, 02:42 PM
OKC, are you interested in sharing your views with a Hurricane Fan page? Looks like you know what you're talking about. I do a piece for the website - www.canespace.com. The page is titled Break It Down - http://canespace.com/_wsn/page4.html. Don't mind the Marshall info. That was to test the format. Let me know if you're interested or know someone who is.

OKC-SLC
9/4/2007, 03:10 PM
You can easily find people on sf.com that are smarter and less busy (Lord knows, there's some posters here with serious time on their hands) than I.