PDA

View Full Version : FSU just got Ducked

Sooner24
9/3/2007, 10:49 PM
Reviews need to be eliminated.

silverwheels
9/3/2007, 10:50 PM
Refs aren't going to overturn something like that in front of the home crowd. We already know that.

John Kochtoston
9/3/2007, 10:50 PM
Man, I dunno. Close call, and they still would have had to throw a 40-yard TD pass.

UncleFester
9/3/2007, 10:53 PM
Why were they reviewing it anyway? They ruled incomplete...game over. If it's complete...game over.

Vaevictis
9/3/2007, 10:53 PM
Looked to me like he caught it, then stepped out of bounds, then the ball got knocked out. Conclusively.

FSU should have had the ball with about 0:02 to go. IMO.

Vaevictis
9/3/2007, 10:57 PM
And while I disagree with the call, it wasn't nearly as atrocious as what happened in Oregon. It definitely doesn't rise to the level of being "ducked."

John Kochtoston
9/3/2007, 10:57 PM
Looked to me like he caught it, then stepped out of bounds, then the ball got knocked out. Conclusively.

FSU should have had the ball with about 0:02 to go. IMO.

I also think the call was bad. My point is just that that mistake was not Oregon-esque.

FirstandGoal
9/3/2007, 11:00 PM
The call wasn't the best call of the game, but it surely wasn't the worst. IMO it wasnt K-Y worthy.

Sooner24
9/3/2007, 11:10 PM
Anytime you get jobbed on a review it will now be refered to as "Getting Ducked". :D

AlabamaSooner
9/3/2007, 11:15 PM
Why were they reviewing it anyway? They ruled incomplete...game over. If it's complete...game over.

Incomplete = clock stops with 2 seconds and ball goes back to original spot.

Complete = clock stops with 2 seconds after he goes out of bounds.

The only way that game would "really" be over is if he caught it and stayed in bounds. Replay refs missed another one. They said incomplete and if that's the case, they paid NO attention to the clock. Game shouldn't have ended.

UncleFester
9/3/2007, 11:23 PM
Bama - I agree there should have been time left. But if the refs ruled time ran out on the play regardless, why were they bothering with replay?

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/3/2007, 11:25 PM
IMO it was a bad call.

But nowhere near the Oregon debacle. Not even sniffin'.

SoonerDood
9/3/2007, 11:25 PM
well they didn't get completely Ducked. They actually had to make a play to win, not just sit on the ball for 1 minute.

Sooner24
9/3/2007, 11:27 PM
"Ducked" is "Ducked"

mrjeffmaxwell
9/3/2007, 11:31 PM
Stuff like this makes me seriously wonder what the **** they are looking at when they review these plays. The receiver caught the ball, came down inbounds on his right foot, then out of bounds with his left, before he was even touched. Why is this not clear as ****ing day to people who get paid to make good decisions? I like the replay system, but ****ing idiots screw it up.

Texas Golfer
9/3/2007, 11:39 PM
I am so tired of officials dictating the outcome of games.

Sooner24
9/3/2007, 11:45 PM

Hey Fester you need something like this.........

http://www.wilddamntexan.com/kids/uncle_fester.jpg

or this..................

http://www.addamsfamily.com/addams/f_charge.jpg

for your avatar. :D

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/3/2007, 11:52 PM
I am so tired of clearly incompetent officials dictating the outcome of games.

Fixed.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/3/2007, 11:53 PM
Fixed.

Hey, that was my 300th post! Does that mean I'm no longer a noob?

sooner518
9/4/2007, 12:16 AM
Stuff like this makes me seriously wonder what the **** they are looking at when they review these plays. The receiver caught the ball, came down inbounds on his right foot, then out of bounds with his left, before he was even touched. Why is this not clear as ****ing day to people who get paid to make good decisions? I like the replay system, but ****ing idiots screw it up.
completely agree. it is bewildering that the replay could miss that play tonight. he clearly caught the ball. he clearly got his foot down, and then he clearly dropped his other foot out of bounds. clear as day.

it probably didnt end up affecting the outcome of the game, but FSU should have at least had a last shot to win it.

illinisooner
9/4/2007, 12:27 AM
The announcers never really mentioned the questionable amount of time that came off the clock; I thought that was surprising. When they first said the play was under review, I figured it was to check the clock, not the catch. I guess the clock operator was the same one at ND a few years back when Leinart dove to the corner of the EZ, fumbled out of bounds, but the clock kept going. No idea how Clemson got away with that; I have to think the ACC looks into the call tomorrow. One other odd thing was when, during the middle of the review, the fans began to rush the field again haha.

aurorasooner
9/4/2007, 06:10 AM
Yeah, they should've had one more play from around the 40. . I think ESPN wanted go to sportscenter since it was just about midnight on the east coast. I still think both schools need to have observers in the replay booth. Probably wouldn't have made any difference but FSU definitely got ducked. It's really a shame that with all this technology, these zebras still can't get the call right.

Pricetag
9/4/2007, 10:58 AM
Refs aren't going to overturn something like that in front of the home crowd. We already know that.
I thought that, with as slow and deliberate as the ref's delivery was, they were going to do it.

Osce0la
9/4/2007, 11:53 AM
We should have had at least 1 second left on the clock (should have been 2, but with the clock stopped I'd settle for 1). IMO the replay was clear, he made the catch, 1 foot in bounds. His other foot then hits the sidelines, he is then hit and the ball comes loose. Incomplete or not, the clock should have been stopped, and with the replay it should have shown it was a completion and that we had gotten out of bounds. Regardless, had we not been so horrible in the first half, we would have won that game. We got ripped in the first half, and couldn't manage to get just enough in the second...

Bad call, but in no way dictated the outcome of the game. I was just glad to see our offense actually make adjustments at the half (first time in 6 years we've been able to do that)...:rolleyes:

Osce0la
9/4/2007, 11:55 AM
The announcers never really mentioned the questionable amount of time that came off the clock; I thought that was surprising. When they first said the play was under review, I figured it was to check the clock, not the catch. I guess the clock operator was the same one at ND a few years back when Leinart dove to the corner of the EZ, fumbled out of bounds, but the clock kept going. No idea how Clemson got away with that; I have to think the ACC looks into the call tomorrow. One other odd thing was when, during the middle of the review, the fans began to rush the field again haha.
Earlier in the game, Clemson had called a timeout with 1 second remaining on the play clock...The play clock stopped and reset, but the game clock ran for another 4 to 5 seconds...Game clack was not managed well at all last night.

StuIsTheMan
9/4/2007, 12:47 PM
Hey, that was my 300th post! Does that mean I'm no longer a noob?

No it does not...

and my sig tells all...

stoopified
9/4/2007, 12:51 PM
And while I disagree with the call, it wasn't nearly as atrocious as what happened in Oregon. It definitely doesn't rise to the level of being "ducked."
Exactly

Stoop Dawg
9/4/2007, 02:53 PM
I didn't see the play, but when they were reviewing Kelly's TD they said something about "if the player falls to the ground, they must maintain control of the ball". That implies the receiver must maintain some level of control even though they have stepped out of bounds, fallen down, or otherwise "ended the play". It also sounded like this was a new rule for 2007.

Again, I didn't see the play and obviously don't know the exact rule here, but maybe there's a new rule in play that affected the decision.

sooneron
9/4/2007, 03:01 PM
Uh, no. The guy caught it and stepped out with his second foot, there would have been time on the clock.

NormanPride
9/4/2007, 03:19 PM
Clemson > Nepotism

;)

CUinNC
9/4/2007, 06:28 PM
The call was a good 'un (ya gotta know our history with the head ref - Ron Cherry) and yes, it's Pr0n to say his name....

Besides we stayed out till 4:00 this morning, making sure the clock guys & everyone was happy after the game....:D :D

Great first half by my Tigers, the SemeNoles tried to make a run in the 2nd half - glad our "D" made the plays.....

Can't believe how bad the FSU O-Line looked in the first half....

aurorasooner
9/4/2007, 07:32 PM
ya gotta know our history with the head ref - Ron Cherry I got a pretty good idea about him from what I read on the Rivals FSU board. We got a lot of "good old boys" refs from the state of Texas like him who, instead of calling the game fair, like to put their own stamp on the outcome. These guys need to be rooted out and sent down to highschool. Then our bone-head hopefully temporary conference commissioner decides the Big 12 will bring in refs from the SunBelt conference which is mostly made up of schools in Texas. Worst thing that ever happened to all the original schools from the Big 8 conference besides offering the commissioner job to that spineless Weedberg was to allow the conference office to be moved out of Kansas City to Dallas.