PDA

View Full Version : My Quandry

RedstickSooner
9/3/2007, 02:35 PM
So, my Dish Network DVR has been acting up lately, and this Saturday, it refused to tune or record the game.

Now, all else being equal, that wouldn't have been the end of the world. I would've just gone to some cheesy sports bar, and watched it off in a corner somewhere, while everyone else watched whatever tedious SEC games were on.

Unfortunately for me, I was busy projectile vomiting. (Non-alcohol related. Might've been food poisoning) And couldn't leave the couch. Let alone the house.

So, I missed the game altogether.

Was wondering if anyone is, y'know, going to happen to host a streaming version of the game somewhere? If not, guess it's alright... We're getting a new box on Wednesday, so I won't miss any more games this season.

I'd even be happy with an edited down version of the game -- but so far all I've found are highlights in the 3 to 5 minute range. Which leaves me a bit hungry for more.

Guess I could cough up some cash and order the DVD version the University puts out -- do they let you order those in single-game quantities? Or do you have to subscribe?

Anyhow. It seems, from everything I've read, and every statistic I've looked at, that I missed one hell of a game.

Can't wait for Miami.

KantoSooner
9/3/2007, 06:30 PM
sign me up as well. No vids here on this side of the water.

goodonya
9/3/2007, 06:34 PM
redstick, I'm in the same boat. We went to the river this weekend to fish and watch some ball. I set both DVD recorders at the homestead to record the game. The home house lost power a couple of times due to the weather. We get home today pumped to watch the game and both discs are blank. I investigate and find the power was zotzed Sat. afternoon. I'm looking as well. I'll trade games back to 1986 if I've got 'em.

guzziguy
9/3/2007, 06:58 PM
Guys I have it on Tivo. I can put it on a DVD disc for you as an .mpg file. You can watch it on your computer or iPod.

Joe

RedstickSooner
9/3/2007, 07:08 PM
That'd be awesome, Guzziguy - how could we repay you? Snail mail you a blank recordable DVD & throw in a fiver for postage?

I've got a stack of recordable DVDs I got for the wife's laptop some time ago, which she has never used, so I'd be happy to mail a handful off to you as trade -- just IM me your snail mail address, if you don't mind.

I'd definitely love to get to see the game in its entirety :)

guzziguy
9/3/2007, 07:15 PM
No problem. I'm moving the game from the Tivo to the computer right now. Once it has made the jump I'll let you know.

We'll work out something then. The proposal you mention would be fine.

Joe

RedstickSooner
9/3/2007, 09:25 PM
That's awesome, Joe. I really appreciate it.

soonerboomer93
9/4/2007, 12:20 AM
I think I have it on tivo also, but won't know until I get back to the states in October to check. Normally I edit out all the commercials and crap too before I burn it.

guzziguy
9/4/2007, 06:23 AM
The transfer crashed sometime during the night. What I got was down to about 6:40 of the 4th. All the scoring is on there. I'll try the transfer from Tivo to computer again this morning (takes 3+ hours). I'd like to get the whole game for those that want it. If it crashes again we'll have to call it good as is.

The transfer is running. I'll let you know this afternoon as to how it went.

RedstickSooner
9/4/2007, 10:03 AM
Cool deal. Missing the last 6 minutes, when we were trying not to score, is no big deal. It's those other 3 and 1/2 quarters when we were trying to that I'm looking forward to seeing :D

guzziguy
9/4/2007, 06:48 PM
Got home and the transfer had crashed again. I guess we'll go with the game disc -6.5 there at the end. It does have all the scoring.

I'll try one more time tonight but don't expect any change.

Now, the recording is an .mp4 file burned on to a DVD disc. It'll play on any computer with Quicktime. It's almost a 4 gig file.

P-M your snail mail address to me and I'll send a disc to you. Payment? You'll see what I paid to send it to you on the envelope. My return address will be there too. The disc is pretty cheap and packaging isn't too much either. Cover my postage and whatever else you feel is fair. Stiff me completely and it could be mentioned on here.

Enjoy,

Joe

guzziguy
9/4/2007, 11:26 PM
Got it. Whole thing. No missing 6 minutes. Can't let the computer go to sleep or the transfer crashes.

Out in tomorrow's mail for redstick

guzziguy
9/16/2007, 08:27 PM
Redstick,

I got your nice note with the cash to cover mailing etc. yesterday. Thanks. I hope you enjoyed the game.

Joe