PDA

View Full Version : It's been two months since I have been to the Wal-Marts

royalfan5
9/3/2007, 02:35 PM
Now that I have access to a Super-Target, I just have no desire to hit Wal-Mart anymore. I used to do all my shopping there, but I have seen the light of the superior Super-Target shopping experience. I feel weird about this as I have always been very pro-Wal-Mart, but I am sure I will get over it.

rufnek05
9/3/2007, 03:24 PM
since that new super t opened on the norht side of norman, i've beend driving the extra 10 minutes just to avoid wal-mart. target>wal-mart

Okla-homey
9/3/2007, 05:00 PM
I prefer the "ghey Wal-marts" myself and I'm confident enough in my heterosexualism not to be ashamed to admit it.

47straight
9/3/2007, 08:46 PM
What's a ghey wal-mart?

rufnek05
9/3/2007, 10:30 PM
i just find target to have better products, and the cereal is cheaper too.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/3/2007, 11:38 PM
They will miss you guys BIG TIME at the Walmart, I'm sure. Enjoy spending the extra money for the ambiance.

yermom
9/3/2007, 11:53 PM
if Target was open 24 hours, it might get more of my business

that and it's on the wrong side of town

OklahomaTuba
9/4/2007, 12:56 AM
I really see no fundamental difference between a super target and a super walmart. Both are like one big fat shopping hell. The only difference is one sells pre-packaged sushi and charges at least $1.00 more for everything than the other one does.

SoonerJack
9/4/2007, 08:01 AM
<hank hill>Yeah, but try to buy some WD-40 and a tap and die set at Target.</hank hill>

VeeJay
9/4/2007, 08:14 AM
<hank hill>Yeah, but try to buy some WD-40 and a tap and die set at Target.</hank hill>

Target's not known for stealing knowledgeable employees away from The Home Depot or Lowe's for that monstrous home improvement/hardware section in their stores.

Just try asking one of those Owen Wilson look-a-likes working there for a trailer hitch combo and see what kind of response you get.

Targets in FL have rotten produce.

TopDaugIn2000
9/4/2007, 08:16 AM
I haven't shopped at walmart since graduation (May 04)

crawfish
9/4/2007, 08:18 AM
I really see no fundamental difference between a super target and a super walmart. Both are like one big fat shopping hell. The only difference is one sells pre-packaged sushi and charges at least $1.00 more for everything than the other one does.

Target brings up extra cashiers when the lines are three people long. Wal-Mart lets 'em get 10-12 long before they worry about it.

TopDaugIn2000
9/4/2007, 08:19 AM
the only thing worse than an OKC/Norman walmart is a LeFlore County walmart. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK

VeeJay
9/4/2007, 08:23 AM
When I'm in Target, and in FL there's a new one real close to our house (2 miles away), I look at the other guys milling around in there and wonder what brought them in there. Usually with me, my wife and kid are looking at the toys. I can't wait to get out.

In Wal-Mart, I don't pay attention to fuggers. It's sort of like a flea market. My curiosity is nill. I can't wait to get out.

VeeJay
9/4/2007, 08:25 AM
Has anyone looked at all the cheap crap Wal-Mart sells from China and compared how much of it's the same cheap crap that Target sells?

soonerinabilene
9/4/2007, 08:54 AM
I heard that target was owned by french people. Now, I have done no research to see if that is correct, but that seems like a good excuse for me to avoid going there.

SoonerBorn68
9/4/2007, 09:03 AM
I heard that target was owned by french people. Now, I have done no research to see if that is correct, but that seems like a good excuse for me to avoid going there.

I heard that too but snopes reports differently:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/target.asp

I'm not about to get into this argument. Please feel free to spend your own money as you see fit.

frankensooner
9/4/2007, 09:07 AM
extra money my aunt's fanny. cost is comparable, plus less toothless imbeciles.

OklahomaTuba
9/4/2007, 09:23 AM
If "target snobs" isn't a term, then it should be.

royalfan5
9/4/2007, 09:38 AM
They will miss you guys BIG TIME at the Walmart, I'm sure. Enjoy spending the extra money for the ambiance.
The extra 5 bucks I spend a week is more than made up by not having to deal with the extra shoppers, and the meat quality is far higher than Wal-mart. That's worth it in my book.

JohnnyMack
9/4/2007, 10:05 AM
I buy bottles of water at Target.

Sometimes I don't even drink them. Sometimes I just throw them straight into the trash unopened.

royalfan5
9/4/2007, 10:07 AM
I also forgot to mention that Target keeps their store clean, which is a nice change.

rufnek05
9/4/2007, 10:11 AM
plus less toothless imbeciles.

oh yeah. people watching at wal-mart is great. especially the one of the east side of norman.