PDA

View Full Version : What are the students chanting

Soonrboy
9/3/2007, 10:30 AM
at the end of the one basketball pep band thing...they one were you used to yell "HEY!", but we say "O", then "U", then "sooners"?

Miko
9/3/2007, 10:32 AM
at the end of the one basketball pep band thing...they one were you used to yell "HEY!", but we say "O", then "U", then "sooners"?

After much thought and consideration, your post lead me to the obvious question, "Huh?" :confused:

Soonrboy
9/3/2007, 10:36 AM
Ha! I know! I don't know how to explain it better!

LoyalFan
9/3/2007, 10:37 AM
Are you sure it wasn't the *MUCOSIS chanting "Fire Brian Britt!"?

LF

*Mighty United Coalition Of Speech-Impaired Students

setem
9/3/2007, 10:50 AM
I am embarrassed to even be associated with some of the students. Even in my worst day I never acted as bad as these guys did. Besides the fact that they were falling down drunk, being horrible to females and bragging about swindling some poor kids out of their ticket. THEY BOOD OUR PLAYERS AS THEY ANNOUNCED THE STARTERS!!! It is pretty damn bad when you don't know who plays on your team! Then they leave 15 mins into the game. I didn't mind that so much but still, they suck as Sooner Fans!

As for what they are chanting! It makes me sick to even think about it. We have adopted it from the PUKES! OOOO....UUUUU....SOONERS!!!! "We're gonna beat the hell out of you..." (this is the part we took from OSU>>>>)and you and you and you and you and you and you!

For some reason we have started doing the god damn aggy wave!!!

dorph31
9/3/2007, 10:51 AM
"O

U

Sooners

We're gonna beat the hell outta you."

Are the words to the hey song.

Mile High Sooner
9/3/2007, 11:01 AM
They do that chant at KC Chief's games.

Ardmore_Sooner
9/3/2007, 11:02 AM
I don't think Okie lite is smart enough to come up with a chant like that.

First time I heard it was at a K-State game in Manhattan.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/3/2007, 11:32 AM
Alabama. "We're gonna beat the hell outta you"

OKLA21FAN
9/3/2007, 11:56 AM
I don't think Okie lite is smart enough to come up with a chant like that.

First time I heard it was at a K-State game in Manhattan.

first time i heard it was at the '84 Gator Bowl from the South Carolina fans (ironically playing Okie Lite)

Frozen Sooner
9/3/2007, 11:57 AM
First time I heard it was in like 1992 at a basketball game.

And the song is "Rock and Roll Pt. 2" by Gary Glitter.

Rhino
9/3/2007, 12:05 PM
The "We're gunna beat the hell outta you" chant has been around for decades...and it wasn't created by OSU.

yermom
9/3/2007, 12:09 PM
i thought he said the "and you and you and you" came from OSU

Rhino
9/3/2007, 12:16 PM
That part has been around for decades too.

This wiki entry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheering) says it was started by Maryland basketball fans, but I doubt anyone would really be able pinpoint it:

University of Maryland basketball fans shout "Hey, You Suck" and 'We're gonna beat the hell out of you and you and you and you!' during the playing of "Rock and Roll (Part 2)" by Gary Glitter, aka "The 'Hey' song" after the starting lineups are announced and before the game starts. This is punctuated by the crowd pointing at the opposing bench in a thrusting motion at each mention of the word 'you'. This practice started in the mid-90's and is currently imitated by several fan bases. In 2004, the University banned the marching band from playing "Rock and Roll", so the students now start the chant themselves before games.

Ardmore_Sooner
9/3/2007, 12:18 PM
Anybody else notice the band playing the Florida tidbit where they go... GO GATORS... ?

yermom
9/3/2007, 12:22 PM
yeah, i was saying Go Gators! in the stands :D

MextheBulldog
9/3/2007, 01:01 PM
Anybody else notice the band playing the Florida tidbit where they go... GO GATORS... ?

Yes, and loved it. I think all the SEC teams play this tune. Go band. Always good to hear something other than a variation of Boomer Sooner.

yermom
9/3/2007, 01:03 PM
it was better than St. Elmo's Fire

if you are going to play something from the Brat Pack movie, go for Don't You (Forget About Me) ;)

chantundefeated
9/3/2007, 02:34 PM
wow, bashing the students is getting really old. It's all very, very ignorant.

yermom
9/3/2007, 04:47 PM
we've totally moved on to the Pride, try to keep up ;)

sooneron
9/3/2007, 04:57 PM
Pride, students suckitude

Quit Doing the Waving Wheat crap!!!!!! Fags

Animal Mother
9/3/2007, 05:08 PM
The last original thought in regards to chants, music, movies or anything was October 27th 1980 3:27P.M. All since has been repetition.

GottaHavePride
9/3/2007, 05:30 PM
THEY BOOD OUR PLAYERS AS THEY ANNOUNCED THE STARTES!!!

Um, if you missed it, UNT entered the field halfway through announcing our starters. They were booing UNT.

setem
9/3/2007, 06:17 PM
Um, if you missed it, UNT entered the field halfway through announcing our starters. They were booing UNT.

I am a student and they started booing from the start.

....and it was not the whole section. It was one group of fags who really got on my nerves!

orangekaje
9/3/2007, 07:03 PM
They may have at one point or another but OSU students do not chant "and you and you and you."

Primo
9/3/2007, 07:24 PM

We are the Sooners, and have decided to "borrow" it. No one else in the Big 12 plays it, and it is cool. Florida and Alabama both play it.

After all, the fight song Boomer Sooner was taken from Yale and North Carolina. :D

GottaHavePride
9/3/2007, 07:47 PM
I am a student and they started booing from the start.

....and it was not the whole section. It was one group of fags who really got on my nerves!

Oh, OK. I was in the east side upper deck and couldn't hear it until UNT took the field.

chantundefeated
9/3/2007, 08:44 PM
I started booing when UNT came onto the field and I'm a student. I didn't hear it start until UNT came out. It actually wasn't that loud cause people were paying attention to the starting lineups rather than who was coming out onto the field.

Also, that chant is my favorite one other than THE chant. Think about it, you're on the field and you hear 85,000 people chanting we're gonna beat the hell outta you...that's pretty intimidating.

RacerX
9/4/2007, 08:58 AM
Yeah, booing UNT is so cool.

Now booing Miamuh, totally different.

I'm expecting Saturday to be 2000 OU/NU electricity.

badger
9/4/2007, 09:03 AM
They may have at one point or another but OSU students do not chant "and you and you and you."
no, you guys are like "heeeeey!" like the song during that, right?

if I remember my opposing student sections correctly, it is either colorado (just their band, because their students are drunk and throwing marshmallows) or iowa state that does this.

we taught the old folks in 101 the newer cheers :D it seems when people next to you are cheering, you are more encouraged to cheer, so start cheering, sooners!

orangekaje
9/4/2007, 04:05 PM
no, you guys are like "heeeeey!" like the song during that, right?

if I remember my opposing student sections correctly, it is either colorado (just their band, because their students are drunk and throwing marshmallows) or iowa state that does this.

we taught the old folks in 101 the newer cheers :D it seems when people next to you are cheering, you are more encouraged to cheer, so start cheering, sooners!

We do it normally except with OSU of course and end it with we're going to beat the hell out of you. The only thing that OSU does that makes it different from other schools that I've seen is if the game resumes play and the band has to stop playing in the middle, the students will kind of hum (if that's what you want to call it) the tune to the rest of the song.

chantundefeated
9/4/2007, 04:29 PM
we don't boo north texas to be "cool." It's called intimidation. From the moment they come onto the field they know that 85,000 are totally against them. It's sad that it even has to be explained to some people.

Zing
9/4/2007, 04:49 PM
Yes, and loved it. I think all the SEC teams play this tune. Go band. Always good to hear something other than a variation of Boomer Sooner.

I'm not in band anymore, but it's good to hear someone approve. This is actually a song that someone significantly more loaded than I is shelling out big bucks to hear - so the Pride is making a pretty penny off of it.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/4/2007, 09:25 PM
Yes, and loved it. I think all the SEC teams play this tune. Go band. Always good to hear something other than a variation of Boomer Sooner.You do realize Boomer Sooner is OU's fight song don't you? What would you rather they play? The Aggie War Hymn or Eyes of texass? How about Ride Em Cowboys or Rocky Top?