PDA

View Full Version : Juaqin Iglesias

SoonerObsession
9/3/2007, 10:12 AM
I don't know if somebody has already mentioned this, but I saw visions of Mark Clayton Saturday night. Iglesias has really showed improvement in the way he makes people miss. I'm excited to see that we have a legitimate dual threat with him and Kelly. I like some of our other receivers as well, but these two compliment each other well. Kelly is more of a get behind the defender guy and Iglesias can turn a 10 yard play into a 20+ yard play. I know it's North Texas, but I really like what I saw.

OU-HSV
9/3/2007, 10:39 AM
I agree, he was very impressive. It's sick how much offensive talent we have at RB and WR right now. I see big season stats getting posted by both Kelly and Iglesias at this rate.

soonerhubs
9/3/2007, 10:45 AM
This is where I think KW and company made some awesome calls early on to help build Bradford's confidence.

The ability of our WR's and TE's alone shall help to give Bradford some short pass options that can help Sam get into the groove before he throws some fade routes.

The option of our running backs also catching screen passes will just make this strength grow.

Honestly this offense looks scary balanced. I can't wait for Saturday and it's only Monday. :(

chantundefeated
9/3/2007, 02:56 PM
Juaqin is a great player, but he's nowhere near mark clayton. Clayton could make cuts on a dime like no one I've ever seen. He was also extremely fast. Juaqin got caught from behind a couple of times and I firmly believe clayton would have taken it to the house.

goingoneight
9/3/2007, 03:01 PM
JI has always been good on the run, but he's not Mark Clayton-esque. Clayton looked like a combination of Kelly and Murray. He made unbelievable catches, then he flat-out make the defense look stupid with his sick moves in the open field.
It's nice to see that KW is finally realizing the proper way to utilize JI. He may not be a deep-ball receiver, but he's scary good on those slip screens and 15-20 yarders.

Texas Golfer
9/3/2007, 03:02 PM
Inglesias, a Killeen High School grad, is getting a lot of press here in Killeen for his performance on Saturday.

IronSooner
9/3/2007, 03:03 PM
Wasn't he pretty well overlooked coming out of HS?

oumartin
9/3/2007, 03:05 PM
yeah, he wears the #9!
no really, the one where he juked two defenders he looked like clayton no doubt. You could have put that highlight in with any of Claytons and never known the difference.

That was until he got caught from behind. :D
Is doesn't have the speed of Clayton fo sho'!

snp
9/3/2007, 03:39 PM
People have been trying to make the comparison since he was a freshman and it's not really fair for JI.

Wasn't he pretty well overlooked coming out of HS?

Yup. When he committed everyone kinda looked around and asked "who?"

Animal Mother
9/3/2007, 05:28 PM
UNT keyed on Kelly and Iglesias made them pay. Great job by Juaquin and the coaches.

SoonerGM
9/3/2007, 05:32 PM
i was impressed but not at all surprised about the escapability of JI in saturday's game. he has always had that kind of potential, but was hampered by injury last year.

what surprised me was his ability to actually catch the football, his problem has always been drops. he caught really well in the bowl game last season but i wasn't sure if he was going to be consistant or not. props for sure for having some serious improvement in that area.

SoonerBOI
9/3/2007, 06:42 PM
JI is coming out of his shell. It was a good game for him.

usmc-sooner
9/3/2007, 07:04 PM
JI has always had the ability to make plays, remember the Baylor OT game? He just doesn't have the breakaway speed of Kelly. But make no doubt about it he's a big play guy.

oumartin
9/3/2007, 07:11 PM
wasn't it manuel johnson that scored the O.T. touchdown against Baylor?

usmc-sooner
9/3/2007, 07:22 PM
wasn't it manuel johnson that scored the O.T. touchdown against Baylor?

I thought it was JI, you might be right though, it wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong.

oumartin
9/3/2007, 07:29 PM
Well I doubt you were wrong. prolly just referring to another play! :D

snp
9/3/2007, 07:48 PM
Iggy had the TD in the Baylor game.

oumartin
9/3/2007, 08:10 PM
see I told you it was J.I. ;)

NORMAN, Okla. (AP) -- Rhett Bomar threw a 21-yard touchdown pass to Juaquin Iglesias in the second overtime to lift Oklahoma to a 37-30 win Saturday night against Baylor and maintain the Sooners' perfect record in the series.

I bow to you great USMC master

soonersn2007
9/3/2007, 09:14 PM
Juaquin's improvement is that he had another year under his belt. He is running with alot of confidence, making decisive cuts and seeing the field better.

Partial Qualifier
9/4/2007, 06:23 AM
Not to mention it looks like he added about 10 Lbs. of muscle between last year and now.

OU4LIFE
9/4/2007, 08:18 AM
the biggest difference between this game and last year?

we actually caught a few balls instead of dropping them.

The_Red_Patriot
9/4/2007, 09:37 AM
I have been waiting for him to come on and he did.

Hopefully he will be like that all season