PDA

View Full Version : I want to help set the stage for the Miami game...

Soonerus
9/3/2007, 01:11 AM
...I was at the Orange Bowl 1987 (their house) for the MNC game...I have never been treated more rudely by the Miami hooligans than anybody...equal to or greater than LSU in Katrinaville...It is our time to return the favor and , for once I would like to see us give the Miami fans the same hell they extended to me and my friends in 1987...it was not pretty...normally I am a let's be a good sport type....but not with Miami after being abused in '87...

OU Adonis
9/3/2007, 01:23 AM
The very first OU game I ever attended was 1985 Miami. We had north end zone seats... was a crappy day all around.. it was overcast and just not a fun game to be at.

Soonerus
9/3/2007, 01:25 AM
The very first OU game I ever attended was 1985 Miami. We had north end zone seats... was a crappy day all around.. it was overcast and just not a fun game to be at.

I was at that game too, but the game in Miami in '87 was almost criminal in the stands for OU fans...it was vicious...

dolemitesooner
9/3/2007, 01:27 AM
Miami is going to beat us. Its going to suck. They are probably the better team.

utex74
9/3/2007, 01:28 AM
...I was at the Orange Bowl 1987 (their house) for the MNC game...I have never been treated more rudely by the Miami hooligans than anybody...equal to or greater than LSU in Katrinaville...It is our time to return the favor and , for once I would like to see us give the Miami fans the same hell they extended to me and my friends in 1987...it was not pretty...normally I am a let's be a good sport type....but not with Miami after being abused in '87...

I understand your feelings. I really do. I was in Columbus in 2005 and the tOSU fans were the worst I have ever experienced. UT families, with kids, had beer poured on them on street corners. Packs of fans followed us down streets being general *******s. I was slammed into a wall. Another fan chest slammed me in the stands after they took the lead (and picked his *** up from the steps). I had a full drink thrown from a moving car hit me full in the chest. And this doesn't even address the burning couches dragged into the streets. The president of the university wrote a public letter of apology.

Last year a lot of people wanted to retaliate but we didn't. We lost the game but we treated the fans that went to Austin with respect. Shared our tailgates and showed them around town. We shamed them with the contrast in the treatment we had received. I hope you do the same with Miami. Show them what civilized people do, treat them as guests, give them a lesson in chivalry........and beat their asses on the field. We are not tOSU and you are not Miami.

goingoneight
9/3/2007, 01:30 AM
I don't "return the favor" when someone is a jerkoff. That's how stabbings and shootings happen at sporting events. I try my best to be a good fan, and I would hope that the Sooner Nation doesn't do anything to deface OUr fanbase this weekend. I'm sick of the reputation people stick on us because they lost a game or two to us... it only makes matters worse when one of OUr fans do something stupid that will always, without a doubt end up making headlines. Like the recent "sack" incident.
If they want to go and brawl in the streets or riot, let 'em go back home and do it is the way I see it. That or get arrested for doing so here.

Soonerus
9/3/2007, 01:35 AM
I don't mean be like the thuggish Miami fans but from my standpoint instead of embracing them I intend to totally ignore them...a hell of alot better treatment than I received in 87...

Widescreen
9/3/2007, 02:06 AM
Not to worry. Miami has about 500 actual fans and only about 5% of those would actually travel to a road game.

Soonerus
9/3/2007, 02:11 AM
...Miami may have should be ignored...trust me they were vicious toward OU fans in 87...

KantoSooner
9/3/2007, 02:28 AM
I was at '85 in Norman and '87 in Miami and have never been back to Miami. No need. I know the kind of sub-human scum who live there. Flew over the place to get to Key West, I feel so strongly about it.

Still, I would encourage civility towards them in Norman. Even the beasts of the field may yet have some small ember of humanity kindled within their dull breasts.

And if they give you any lip, drive your fingers into their beady, stupid little eyes.

Partial Qualifier
9/3/2007, 07:11 AM
This is quite the conundrum because the Miami fans truly deserve an epic beatdown, but we have the "generally friendly people" curse.

What should we do? (besides booing their team when they take the field :P )

Miami's travelling fans, I suspect, are nothing like the average orange bowl attendee. Which might make things harder.

Rogue
9/3/2007, 07:26 AM
Nothing wrong with the high ground, except that I hear it's lonely at the top.

fossil
9/3/2007, 07:46 AM
Miami is going to beat us. Its going to suck. They are probably the better team.

Ehore (not sure that's spelled right) is the donkey on Winnie The Pooh who seems a dark cloud in every silver lining. Dole, I'm starting to think that just you in a donkey suit!

Miko
9/3/2007, 08:24 AM
Eeyore. "Not much of a house. For not much of a donkey."

OUHOMER
9/3/2007, 08:35 AM
I"ll take the high ground next week.
A. it will be too early in the morning. ( not enough drinking done before the game)

b. If anything i will ignore them.
c. I would treat them like an unruly child.
d. you can not make them change their attitude , unless you kill them with kindness.

I wont lower myself to their standards

TXBOOMER
9/3/2007, 08:40 AM
I was at the game in 1987 with 3 buddies and the only person that jacked with us was a big fat *** black dude after the game rapping Okla-Go-Homa. We even had JJ (Jimmy Johnson) is Gay in white shoe polish on our rental car. We were looking for trouble and didn't get much. I guess it all depends on who you are around.

Jacie
9/3/2007, 08:41 AM
utex, I am sorry to hear that. My experience 1977 was much different. It probably helped that my firend and I were younger and went to the Ohio State chapter of our frat (didn't hurt that we gave them a couple of cases of Coors, unavailable there in '77). They put us up in the house and provided us tickets in their section. On our part, we left as soon as the game ended so as not to overstay our welcome.

birddog
9/3/2007, 08:43 AM
Not to worry. Miami has about 500 actual fans and only about 5% of those would actually travel to a road game.

:norm: THERE THEY ARE, HIDING BEHIND THAT TREE!!

:bfc: LET'S GET EM!!

crimson&cream
9/3/2007, 11:27 AM
The urge to retaliate towards Miami fans is immense , but if we do then we put ourselves down on their very gutter level that we so despise. Just ignore them and beat their butts on the field, thats the biggest & best payback.

yermom
9/3/2007, 12:19 PM
just kick their *** on the field that's all i ask :D

SoonerBOI
9/3/2007, 12:47 PM
Let's show them some class. I do not want to level with them.

sooneron
9/3/2007, 12:56 PM
Don't be jerks to them, they're prolly packing gats.

sooneron
9/3/2007, 12:58 PM
Wasn't that OB in 88?

CatfishSooner
9/3/2007, 01:00 PM
Worse than LSU at the Sugar! Wow

yermom
9/3/2007, 01:00 PM
87 season, in 88

all you nitpickers, geez :D

RedstickSooner
9/3/2007, 01:02 PM
Miami doesn't have fans. The hooligans that treated you badly in '87 were just your average Miami residents. I think they hand out Hurricane tickets at bars, and most bookies also give them out if you place a $200 or greater bet.

The tiny group of actual pseudo-fans who would make the trip all the way out of Floridian territory probably deserve to be treated with a minimal modicum of respect. After all, they're almost assuredly *not* the same jackasses that treated you so badly when you were on their home turf.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/3/2007, 01:05 PM
I was at the game in 1987 with 3 buddies and the only person that jacked with us was a big fat *** black dude after the game rapping Okla-Go-Homa. We even had JJ (Jimmy Johnson) is Gay in white shoe polish on our rental car. We were looking for trouble and didn't get much. I guess it all depends on who you are around.I was at the '87 season ending OB against Miami, too. I didn't experience particularly obnoxious behaviour from the Miami fans I encountered. Now, the Penn State fans I ran into in the OB in '85 were another matter entirely. Smug, arrogant and RC&FO MO-FOs. You can take the Penn State fans I ran into and ship 'em off to domer, tx or orange aggy, as far as I'm concerned.

jkjsooner
9/3/2007, 03:26 PM
I never went to the games in the Orange Bowl but I was at the '85 game in Norman. That was probably my third or fourth OU game.

At the time I didn't know a lot about Miami. Clearly they had a lot of recent success with Kosar, Kelly, and the national title in '83 but the '85 team was unranked although Testeverde was already a star.

I had no idea about the thug aspect of Miami until they took the field that day. They immediately started taunting the OU players in the middle of the field and almost started a brawl. This was all with the approval of Jimmy Johnson and the rest of the coaching staff. Up until that point I had never seen such a thing at an OU game.

I don't remember any bad behavior from the Miami fans at the game. I suspect their travelling fans are quite different than the local thugs who attend games in the Orange Bowl. After all, UM is actually a very good private university. Usually, I would say athletic success is a positive for any university but unfortunately for Miami their reputation has been almost destroyed by their thug fans and players. I'd dare say most people have no idea it's a very good school. I would rather be a very good yet unknown private school than to be known as Thug U.

Dan Thompson
9/3/2007, 03:35 PM
If they look old enough to have been at the game in 1985 I would tell them a thing or two, other wise they won't know what an *ss they where.

Animal Mother
9/3/2007, 05:26 PM
Kill them with kindness. They won't know how to react anyway after we beat them like the smelly carp they are!!!

canes4ever
9/3/2007, 05:41 PM
I regret to hear of your unhappy experience when you visited the OB 20 years ago. I do apologize for any rudeness or bad time you received. Contrary to popular belief there are many Canes fans who would never act the way you describe.

That said I would hope that you or OU fans will not resort to the same behavior you so disapproved of in1987. It was bad then and it would be bad today.

In any event I do hope we have a great game full of high-lite plays and hard but fair hits. I hear that OU has some speed again this year and we'll bring ours. Let's have a exciting game and very little injuries.

Petro-Sooner
9/3/2007, 05:48 PM
I was wondering when a cane fan would post.

I'm so pumped for this game!

Soonerus
9/3/2007, 06:00 PM
The celebration penalty arose from scUM antics...

bri
9/3/2007, 07:10 PM

So, you want us to be complete *******s just because someone was mean to you 20 years ago?

Um, no.

Since71ASooner4Life
9/3/2007, 08:14 PM

You got it right.

phead903
9/3/2007, 08:23 PM

Yeah, those house arrest ankle bracelets keep them from leaving Dade County!

sooneron
9/3/2007, 08:24 PM
I regret to hear of your unhappy experience when you visited the OB 20 years ago. I do apologize for any rudeness or bad time you received. Contrary to popular belief there are many Canes fans who would never act the way you describe.

That said I would hope that you or OU fans will not resort to the same behavior you so disapproved of in1987. It was bad then and it would be bad today.

In any event I do hope we have a great game full of high-lite plays and hard but fair hits. I hear that OU has some speed again this year and we'll bring ours. Let's have a exciting game and very little injuries.
Is this from the caine SID? :rolleyes:

You can bank that OU fans wouldn't **** on other fans. We aren't that type of people.

badger
9/3/2007, 08:25 PM
We are not tOSU and you are not Miami.
whoa... a compliment from a whorn???

whoa... green spek from this sooner fan to a whorn...

:) thanks

Soonerus
9/3/2007, 08:52 PM
So, you want us to be complete *******s just because someone was mean to you 20 years ago?

Um, no.

Read all of the posts, Chumley...

soonersn2007
9/3/2007, 09:09 PM
Don't treat the traveling fans of Miami rudely, the thugs that abused OU fans in '87 were just street vermon.

Win or losing a game is one thing, having pride and being respectful will always make you a winner. Go Sooners!!!

sooneron
9/3/2007, 09:14 PM
Don't treat the traveling fans of Miami rudely, the thugs that abused OU fans in '87 were just street vermon.

Street "vermon" and caine fans, same thing.

47straight
9/4/2007, 01:15 AM
If you're nice to a Miami fan they may perceive that as weakness and rob your ***.

SoonerKnight
9/4/2007, 01:33 AM
If you're nice to a Miami fan they may perceive that as weakness and rob your ***.
I agree but I think Okies have enough guns to take care of that problem. :D

the_edge
9/4/2007, 02:02 AM
:norm: THERE THEY ARE, HIDING BEHIND THAT TREE!!

:bfc: LET'S GET EM!!

[Uncle Jimbo]THEY'RE COMIN' RIGHT FOR US![/Uncle Jimbo]

bri
9/4/2007, 10:49 AM
Read all of the posts, Chumley...

I tried, Slappy, but I just couldn't penetrate the constant, droning "waaaah" that ran through....your....narrative....

Miami fans didn't like you, bfd. OU fans don't like you; should we boo OU now?

Jason White's Third Knee
9/4/2007, 10:55 AM
This thread sucks.

Beat their asses on the field. Be a sport off of the field.

Defend your team, your family and friends, but don't start crap. Feel free to finish it, should the need arise.

They should leave Oklahoma miserable from the asswhipping that they are about to take, and even more miserable that we were nice about it.

Soonerus
9/4/2007, 11:10 AM
I tried, Slappy, but I just couldn't penetrate the constant, droning "waaaah" that ran through....your....narrative....

Miami fans didn't like you, bfd. OU fans don't like you; should we boo OU now?

You obviously have a reading comprehension problem, I never suggested any aggressive acts directed to Cane fans...just recounted their hospitality at the '88 Orange Bowl...Trust me those of us who were their will always remember it...

Jason White's Third Knee
9/4/2007, 11:20 AM
EVERYONE knows that most of their fans are out of control dckheads, but what are the odds that you will see one of the people that was a jerk when you were there?

Pretty slim. Just show them how to act. Be cool and make them feel like **** for being *******s in the first place.

bri
9/4/2007, 12:13 PM
You obviously have a reading comprehension problem, I never suggested any aggressive acts directed to Cane fans...just recounted their hospitality at the '88 Orange Bowl...Trust me those of us who were their will always remember it...

No, I think you're the one with the reading comprehension problem. I never said you suggested any aggressive acts against 'Cane fans. Perhaps I should have posted my original post inside your own ***, where it would be at eye level for you and thus easier for you to read and understand.

And if only you poor souls that got treated mean would always remember the difference between "their", "they're", and "there"...

frankensooner
9/4/2007, 12:28 PM
Ahhhh, the 1988 Orange Bowl. Besides walking out of the stadium after the game, that was one of the best football trips I ever made. We too caught a little lip from the fans, but they did beat us. I say let the team pay them back by giving them a whoopin' on the field.

AZSOONER
9/4/2007, 12:38 PM
I'll take that bet. I think we beat miami by 20+.

Soonerus
9/4/2007, 04:06 PM
No, I think you're the one with the reading comprehension problem. I never said you suggested any aggressive acts against 'Cane fans. Perhaps I should have posted my original post inside your own ***, where it would be at eye level for you and thus easier for you to read and understand.

And if only you poor souls that got treated mean would always remember the difference between "their", "they're", and "there"...

Thanks for the mature dialogue...I'll file it away appropriately with the rest of your comments...

sooneron
9/4/2007, 04:20 PM
If you see an OU fan unnecessarily giving scUM fans grief or acting out of order , just tell them to stop and say," don't treat them the way that they treat guests, we're Sooners, we are raised better than that."

Taxman71
9/4/2007, 04:40 PM
I doubt more a few Caine fans will get permission from their parole officer to make this trip. However, there will still be some Caine lover-gangst wannabe fans left over from the 2LiveCrew and Vanilla Ice days. These type of people never talk trash when they are outnumbered.