PDA

View Full Version : Drum Major for the Pride

47straight
9/3/2007, 12:53 AM
Since we've dissected everything from Nichol to the Horsepigs so far...

I noticed on teevee that the Drum Major was an African-American dude, and my (limited) memory makes me think that is a first. If so, congrats to him! (really congrats either way on being Chief Strut) Anyone know better?

OK2LA
9/3/2007, 01:20 AM
Since we've dissected everything from Nichol to the Horsepigs so far...

I noticed on teevee that the Drum Major was an African-American dude, and my (limited) memory makes me think that is a first. If so, congrats to him! (really congrats either way on being Chief Strut) Anyone know better?

RACIST!

Monster Zero
9/3/2007, 08:24 AM
I recall back in the 70's a friend of mine went to Church with the drum major. She told me what a cool guy he was and btw he's darker than us.

PrideTrombone
9/3/2007, 09:02 AM
Yeah, his name is Chauvin. Good guy.

XingTheRubicon
9/3/2007, 10:04 AM
When did we join the SEC, btw?

What's with playing the SEC fight song.

PrideTrombone
9/3/2007, 10:18 AM

Word is some dumbass with a lot of money and bad ideas paid the band $10,000 to play it on changes of possession or something like that.

garland sooner
9/3/2007, 01:38 PM
I bet the over/under on OSU on trying to steal the SEC song is 1 year. That is also the same time frame on when they'll call it tradition.

Sooner24
9/3/2007, 01:56 PM
Plus Chauvin is from Ardmore which everyone knows is the best moore.

OklahomaTuba
9/3/2007, 02:05 PM
What's the line on him getting this plume to touch the turf during pregame???

Frozen Sooner
9/3/2007, 02:08 PM
FIRE BRIAN BRITT!

47straight
9/3/2007, 08:00 PM
What's the SEC song in question?

Frozen Sooner
9/3/2007, 08:02 PM
Daaaa dadada da! GO GATORS!

That one.

Paperclip
9/3/2007, 08:02 PM
What's the SEC song in question?

It's kinda hard to type.

badger
9/3/2007, 08:06 PM
NP and I were actually saying "go bama"

and no, Chauvin is not the first black drum major.

he was, however, quite persistent at vying for DM. This was his third time auditioning for the spot. He had been one of three finalists all three times.

The first time, there was an incumbent vying for a second year--- despite the whole Homecoming 100 year fiasco in pregame, he came back a second year.

The second time, there was a strong competitor that was already a section leader.

The third time's a charm :) Plus, he had been running band drum major for awhile.

The SEC thing isn't really that bad. I kind of miss Mortal Kombat and Ozzy's Crazy Train, though.

Paperclip
9/3/2007, 08:07 PM
Plus, he had been running band drum major for awhile.

Oh, I didn't realize it was that guy.

badger
9/3/2007, 08:09 PM
Oh, I didn't realize it was that guy.
he's THAT guy :D

mynameisjoe
9/3/2007, 08:27 PM
I kind of miss Mortal Kombat and Ozzy's Crazy Train, though.

I'm in the Pride and we rehearsed Crazy Train today and will do so with Mortal Kombat, so both will be returning this weekend.

Brian Britt
9/4/2007, 02:12 AM
FIRE BRIAN BRITT!

That just shows we can agree to disagree.
Everyone fire up for agreeing to disagree excellence!

OUTrumpet
9/4/2007, 07:20 AM

This is the 2nd African-American guy to be the drum major, and he's a really nice guy.

And we must pay tribute to the 2nd coming of Jesus, a.k.a. Tim Tebow, by playing Go gay-TORS every so often, to ask for his blessing for dink passes and draws.

fadada1
9/4/2007, 07:30 AM
This is the 2nd African-American guy to be the drum major, and he's a really nice guy.

And we must pay tribute to the 2nd coming of Jesus, a.k.a. Tim Tebow, by playing Go gay-TORS every so often, to ask for his blessing for dink passes and draws.
i'm white. does that mean i'm a jerk???

;)

i heard the "go gators" thing for 2 years. while it's a catchy little diddy, it is most definitely an SEC thing. we're OU... we don't need to copy anyone... PERIOD!!!!

Ash
9/4/2007, 07:36 AM
i'm white. does that mean i'm a jerk???

;)

i heard the "go gators" thing for 2 years. while it's a catchy little diddy, it is most definitely an SEC thing. we're OU... we don't need to copy anyone... PERIOD!!!!

Yes. :D

True dat.