PDA

View Full Version : So, think I have a shot of getting scalped tickets close to face for Miami?

OU Adonis
9/2/2007, 09:47 PM
I am on a budget next weekend. Do I have a realistic shot of getting close to face value from ticket scalpers?

tommieharris91
9/2/2007, 09:48 PM
Try facebook, but I highly doubt it. Student tickets for UNT were going for $40.

Scott D
9/2/2007, 09:51 PM
you probably have a better shot at getting your mancard back.

OU Adonis
9/2/2007, 09:56 PM
you probably have a better shot at getting your mancard back.

Wow I feel like sick'em.. haha.

Well now I am nervous, my sisters coming up from Duncan and we need to get a couple of tix for that game..gggggggggrrrrrrrrrr

Scott D
9/2/2007, 10:00 PM
Wow I feel like sick'em.. haha.

Well now I am nervous, my sisters coming up from Duncan and we need to get a couple of tix for that game..gggggggggrrrrrrrrrr

at least you had one at some point. SicEm never had one. :)

r5TPsooner
9/2/2007, 10:19 PM
My neighbor just learned that I have season tickets and may not be able to attend the Miami game next week. He offered me $225 for the pair and I just laughed at him and told him to look me up when he when he wakes up from his crack high.

Hang around the stadium and you might get lucky and get a pair at face ($77 each) or right around there right after kickoff.

InTexasandImStuck
9/2/2007, 10:21 PM
My neighbor just learned that I have season tickets and may not be able to attend the Miami game next week. He offered me $225 for the pair and I just laughed at him and told him to look me up when he when he wakes up from his crack high.

Hang around the stadium and you might get lucky and get a pair at face ($77 each) or right around there right after kickoff.

Good to know.. We sold our allotment and have some people looking for more...

OU Adonis
9/2/2007, 10:26 PM
Well I wouldn't mind paying 100 or 110 but I really don't want to go much higher than that. I am a working man you know.

InTexasandImStuck
9/2/2007, 10:53 PM
Well I wouldn't mind paying 100 or 110 but I really don't want to go much higher than that. I am a working man you know.

So donate and get your season tickets.

OU-HSV
9/2/2007, 10:55 PM
Well, I've got 4 of us going, and I'm crossing my fingers that I will find some tickets

Jewstin
9/2/2007, 10:57 PM
I got an extra one (student) for my dad for $90 from a friend. With the upgrade to sit in the student section, it'll be in the $120'ish range.

All the other listings on the student's virtual marketplace are soaring above $150.

Dio
9/3/2007, 12:55 AM
Good to know.. We sold our allotment and have some people looking for more...

Cocaine is one hell of a drug.

Soonerus
9/3/2007, 12:59 AM
If you are willing to wait until 10:30-10:45 on Saturday you may get below face....

OU Adonis
9/3/2007, 01:21 AM
If you are willing to wait until 10:30-10:45 on Saturday you may get below face....

I don't mind waiting till even after kickoff if it saves me a bit of cash.

You know the first OU game I saw in person was 1985 Miami.

Sooner FLiP
9/3/2007, 02:08 AM
you know there are going to be TONS of people waiting until after kick off. i was going to do the same thing but my sister wanted to have tickets in hand before she came down from KC. i ended up paying $285 for a pair on ebay.

Soonerus
9/3/2007, 02:08 AM
your choice...

oumartin
9/3/2007, 03:18 AM
Good luck as I don't think you will have much luck finding a good seat for face value at all. If you can get a good seat for 100 bucks I would jump all over it.

soonerboomer93
9/3/2007, 03:37 AM

Maybe you shouldn't go to this one

:pop:

OUHOMER
9/3/2007, 08:53 AM
We bought a good ticket last week. but we did not see near as many scalpers as normal. what was up with that? I was very suprised

XingTheRubicon
9/3/2007, 10:13 AM
0.0 Mr. Blutarsky.

I saw about 3 people selling tix Sat. We asked one of them just out of curiosity and they were going for $75/ea for nosebleed south end zone.

Miami will be $150 to get in the building.

fwsooner22
9/3/2007, 10:53 AM
My bet is......there will be very few tickets available.....very little time to get hammered before the game.......I saw no less than 5 people "passed out" BEFORE the game in that south end zone area. You people need to re-evaluate your priorites or go to drinking school.

OU Adonis
9/3/2007, 05:22 PM
Looks like I might not be attending the miami game. Tickets are going for $150+

tulsaoilerfan
9/3/2007, 09:03 PM

Keep your *** home then. :D

MamaMia
9/3/2007, 09:14 PM
Good luck finding bargain tickets, but even if you cant, you all should still come just to enjoy the Norman game day experience. Its lots of fun outside the gates too. I've only been once, but Soonerfans.com has a tailgate. :)

AZSOONER
9/3/2007, 09:18 PM
No.

AZSOONER
9/3/2007, 09:19 PM
I'm sorry, maybe I was too blunt. I don't think so.

sooneron
9/3/2007, 09:21 PM
You can ALWAYS find tickets around face or lower at or just after KO. 'Cept maybe '00 NU.

OU Adonis
9/3/2007, 10:09 PM
You guys should try talking me out of going to the OU Texas game.

Why do you say? Because I have never been to an OU away game that we won :(.

soonergooner
9/4/2007, 06:53 AM
er, Saturday PM!

soonergooner
9/4/2007, 07:02 AM
**I am on a budget next weekend. Do I have a realistic shot of getting close to face value from ticket scalpers?**
NO, but it happens. This game reminds me of the Bama game. My bud and I were hopeful, but resigned, after scouring the corners and heading for the car to watch on the home big screen. Still holding hope against hope, I kept the fingers in the air as we walked. Had to pause to let a sparkling new Expedition park w/4 peoples inside. Driver motioned me over, asks if I was a scalper. Thought better than to show him my sooner underwear, I say just a fan. He sold us their extra two, near the 50, FOR FACE. Knock me over, for sure. He say he better see our butts in the seats, ........he did.......

r5TPsooner
9/4/2007, 10:03 AM
**I am on a budget next weekend. Do I have a realistic shot of getting close to face value from ticket scalpers?**
NO, but it happens. This game reminds me of the Bama game. My bud and I were hopeful, but resigned, after scouring the corners and heading for the car to watch on the home big screen. Still holding hope against hope, I kept the fingers in the air as we walked. Had to pause to let a sparkling new Expedition park w/4 peoples inside. Driver motioned me over, asks if I was a scalper. Thought better than to show him my sooner underwear, I say just a fan. He sold us their extra two, near the 50, FOR FACE. Knock me over, for sure. He say he better see our butts in the seats, ........he did.......

Sounds like a loyal Sooner fan to me.