PDA

View Full Version : Tonic Water

StoopTroup
9/2/2007, 03:27 PM
I hear it goes good with gin.

SoonerStormchaser
9/2/2007, 04:11 PM
You bet your *** it does! I drink it all the time! Goes well with scotch whisky too.

Rogue
9/2/2007, 08:32 PM
Tanq 'n Tonic with a lime twist. Mmmmm.

Is tonic just club soda, but sweeter?

royalfan5
9/2/2007, 08:33 PM
people drink tonic without Gin?

SoonerStormchaser
9/2/2007, 08:34 PM
yes...I do all the time

TUSooner
9/2/2007, 08:43 PM
You bet your *** it does! I drink it all the time! Goes well with scotch whisky too.
I had it with Scotch once by accident, and it was horrible. But considering the cheap Scotch I often buy, I may have to give it another try. :D

Rogue
9/2/2007, 08:51 PM
Not so subliminally, Mrs. Rogue and I are now enjoying 2 great T&Ts.

So, is it just sweet club soda? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Sooner24
9/2/2007, 09:02 PM
Tonic water will fluoresce under ultraviolet light, due to the presence of quinine. In fact, the sensitivity of quinine to ultraviolet light (UV) is such that it will fluoresce in direct sunlight. The quinine undergoes photo-degradation accompanying UV activation and is chemically converted to a non-bitter product suspected to be carcinogenic. The half-life (time for 50% to disappear) for this reaction is about 3 to 4 hrs in bright sunlight at the absorption wavelength of approximately 250 millimicrons. For this reason any mixer drink that has lost its bitter taste should not be consumed; neither should such drinks be stored in direct sunlight.

Sooner24
9/2/2007, 09:10 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b2/Tonic_water_uv.jpg/180px-Tonic_water_uv.jpg

bluedogok
9/2/2007, 09:15 PM
Try some Schweppes Indian Tonic water, a little different flavor.

opksooner
9/2/2007, 09:27 PM
Tonic water will fluoresce under ultraviolet light, due to the presence of quinine. In fact, the sensitivity of quinine to ultraviolet light (UV) is such that it will fluoresce in direct sunlight. The quinine undergoes photo-degradation accompanying UV activation and is chemically converted to a non-bitter product suspected to be carcinogenic. The half-life (time for 50% to disappear) for this reaction is about 3 to 4 hrs in bright sunlight at the absorption wavelength of approximately 250 millimicrons. For this reason any mixer drink that has lost its bitter taste should not be consumed; neither should such drinks be stored in direct sunlight.
You got to be $hittin' me!!!

;)

Sooner24
9/2/2007, 09:33 PM
You got to be $hittin' me!!!

;)

You?

Never!

;)

opksooner
9/2/2007, 09:55 PM
Howdy, podnah.