PDA

View Full Version : The Ensuing Kickoff is back. And I have a comment . . .

The Ensuing Kickoff
9/2/2007, 03:24 PM
You can stop worrying - I live, and I'm back. I haven't posted in many, many months, but I'm alive and well and fueled up for another season.

Many of you, no doubt, wonder where The Ensuing Kickoff has been hiding and what I've been doing - in short, what could have been so important as to deprive all of you of my presence. Well, I've been busy. Doing what, you ask? In a word:

Pimpage.

Straight, stone-cold, intercontinental Pimpage, friends.

On to my comment:

Anyone else concerned about our limited ability to run between the tackles yesterday? Granted, AD is gone and none of our backs have that kind of power, but I'd like to think that this O-line can bust holes bigger than what tey were yesterday.

Not worried - seems like it's this way every year early on - great pass protection, and then the run blocking comes around by October. Just an observation.

-TEK

josh09
9/2/2007, 03:27 PM
*awkward silence*

leavingthezoo
9/2/2007, 03:28 PM
*awkward silence*

ditto

*birds chirping*

Flagstaffsooner
9/2/2007, 03:36 PM
ditto

*birds chirping*Somewhere there is a moose farting in the woods, but nobody listens.

The Ensuing Kickoff
9/2/2007, 03:37 PM
Sweet talkers.

StoopTroup
9/2/2007, 03:52 PM
Once the O-line gets some folks their own size they'll take care of business.

It's not easy pushing midgets around when your 6'8".

Zing
9/2/2007, 04:08 PM
we also had Patrick out this game, and he hits the holes a lot harder than anyone we had in the game against UNT.

jk the sooner fan
9/2/2007, 04:33 PM
Brown runs pretty well between the tackles as well

the running game is far from a worry in my mind....

SelmaBamaFan
9/2/2007, 04:35 PM
Hell, I was watching the Bama game too, but it seemed to me everytime I saw OU with the ball the RBs were going wild, maybe it was just replays of the same play though?

Rogue
9/2/2007, 04:46 PM
I think, after about 18 minutes into this game we were actually trying to be merciful and ran the same 5 plays over and over. Very vanilla, straight ahead blocking schemes, didn't "show" anything other than the fact that we can execute the hell out of those 5 plays from any formation regardless of which personnel are on the field.

I didn't see anything to worry about yesterday other than the usual...stay healthy men!

aurorasooner
9/2/2007, 05:07 PM
Anyone else concerned about our limited ability to run between the tackles yesterday? Granted, AD is gone and none of our backs have that kind of power, but I'd like to think that this O-line can bust holes bigger than what tey were yesterday.
Honestly, Yes I am. I actually thought will all the preseason hype about our OL, some of those guys would be pushing NTstate DL about 10 yards down the field. We'll know next week how good they are.

freshchris05
9/2/2007, 05:14 PM
I think, after about 18 minutes into this game we were actually trying to be merciful and ran the same 5 plays over and over. Very vanilla, straight ahead blocking schemes, didn't "show" anything other than the fact that we can execute the hell out of those 5 plays from any formation regardless of which personnel are on the field.

I didn't see anything to worry about yesterday other than the usual...stay healthy men!

i was thinking about the running game and this^^ bout sums it up to what i came out to... i could be wrong but i think we just coasted...

it was weird seeing 3 qb's in it felt like a spring game..

Frozen Sooner
9/2/2007, 05:40 PM
Considering UNT was putting 8 in the box on every play, no, I'm not that concerned about it. Bradford showed that he can exploit man coverage all day when teams do that. Our OL just had too many guys to run block-and we still had over 200 rushing yards.

The Ensuing Kickoff
9/2/2007, 05:46 PM
True, Mr. Rich. And I am fairly thrilled by our apparent depth at RB.

47straight
9/2/2007, 07:15 PM
Good point Rich, but goal line offense wasn't really there at all. Bob said as much at halftime and I am concerned about getting yards when it counts.

StoopTroup
9/2/2007, 07:45 PM
I think our QB's should take note too.

Score 79 every game and all 3 of you can play this year. :D

Jewstin
9/2/2007, 07:49 PM
With respect to the running game, I've always thought the problem lies more with the lead blocker than the o-line itself. Those guys are only going to be able to block a certain number of defenders, no matter how big and strong they are. They can't push the entire defense back ten yards.

Zaslaw just doesn't pave the way like JD Runnels used to. I think we all got a little spoiled with him.