PDA

View Full Version : USC

The Maestro
9/2/2007, 03:22 PM
I know it might have been late for you guys, but they were on here right after the OU game. I watched them and yawned a bunch. Yes, they have all kinds of talent, but J.D. Booty is NOT Matt Leinart. Nobody on that team reminds me of Reggie Bush. They have balance and talent, but they did as well last year when they lost twice to unranked teams. They could easily lose to ASU Thanksgiving night as Erickson really seems to have the Sun Devils moving in the right direction. They play at Oregon, too, and the way Nebraska looked yesterday I can see them giving USC fits in 13 days...a huge Husker fan in 13 days.

Oh, and congrats to K-State for the impressive performance at Auburn. Glad one Big 12 team showed up on the road in SEC country.

StoopTroup
9/2/2007, 03:54 PM
Could suc and husk tie?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/2/2007, 04:15 PM
I told a nebbish fan friend of mine I hope his team beats suc. After thinking about it, I've changed my mind. I would prefer someone other than nebbish beat the suc.

goingoneight
9/2/2007, 06:39 PM
Why? They'll just turn around and lose to someone else so it helps us out in the end.

Dan Thompson
9/2/2007, 06:48 PM
Out here in USCland, they switched to the USC game at the OU 3rd quarter. So I didn't to see the safety until the sports show. USC was favored by 46 points.

47straight
9/2/2007, 07:21 PM
Please in the future leave out the "D" or the full expression of John Booty's middle name. TIA :)

arlington
9/2/2007, 07:30 PM
Great post Maestro. I watched the game as well and like i have said to my SC buddies. This team isnt as good as LAST years team that lost 2 games much less the greatest team ever!

They have alot of really good players, just no transcendant players. Not yet at least. Booty is pure caretaker QB. Patrick Turners biggest contribution to SC is that he is the reason Desean(Star!) Jackson is playing at Cal. A bunch of nice backs mean you dont have 1 suprestar. Baker is a terrific lineman athletically but not physical and he is the best up front. If they go undefeated this year, it will be because of the D. Problem is in the Pac 10 there are a bunch of explosive offenses to deal with.

MextheBulldog
9/2/2007, 10:30 PM
Me thinks the Leinart/Bush/White trio has made Carroll into the perceived genius he is today. Circle that suc @ Cal game.

arcman46
9/3/2007, 09:11 AM
I told a nebbish fan friend of mine I hope his team beats suc. After thinking about it, I've changed my mind. I would prefer someone other than nebbish beat the suc.

As I have said on other threads, for the Big 12 to get the respect we need, we better hope that we win some of this OOC games. We beat Miami, Nebraska beats USuC, and TCU romps on Texas; a great result.