PDA

View Full Version : OU/NT Game Review

David Earl
9/2/2007, 02:43 PM
Wow! I can't remember a Stoops led Sooner team that was hitting on all cylanders so well on the first game of the season. I know NT is struggling right now, but we've played weak opponents in season openers before. It's never ran this smoothly. I'm going back in my mind right now to comments Stoops and Coach Merv have made about this team being focused, practicing well, being very physical, a chance to be special, etc. A lot of that talk can be coach speak similar to what we've heard before. Stoops is always positive and upbeat, even when dark clouds loom. But Saturday night's performance justified some of what we've heard as being more than upbeat encouragement from the coach.

The offensive play calling was nice. Wilson wasn't afraid to pull out an end-around and the wide lateral. The swing pass (which play I generally don't like) was a nice adjustment to NT's strategy to stuff the inside run. One of the nice things about the gameplan, we didn't just throw the dink-dunk stuff. Wilson let them stretch the field a time or two and throw some other stuff a ways past the LOS. Also glad to see the middle screen again.

We were all thrilled for Sam that he did such a marvelous job. His poise and confidence were nice. He's going to need those as the season moves along. I've tried to get a handle on a question that I think is key. Did Sam have to progress past his first or second read very much? It's hard for a young QB to be able to consistently progress through several reads at the NCAA pace. It looked to me like Sam may have done that well, but at times I'm pretty sure he didn't have to look past his first guy. Props to Sam for his comments to the media minimizing himself and giving credit to his team.

It was good to see Halzle and Nichol get some reps. So why did they play Keith instead of keeping a potential redshirt intact? I think the answer is simple. The fact these coaches played Keith tells me they full well expect to use him this year in some capacity. Whether it's groom him as the primary backup or rotate him in for certain gameplans, they intend to use him. The coaches would not have played him if they did not feel like he would close the gap on Joey and earn some kind of playing time.

The RB by committee sure looked good. Murray and Madu looked as good as advertised. Gute has his glide back. He slides through the smallest holes in that line. I thought Gute's running kept a drive from stalling at one point later in the game. Not that it mattered that much, but it's nice to see Gute getting a chance to shine.

Our WR's and TE's are scary good. I felt sorry for the NT dudes trying to cover Kelly. Malcolm Kelly's hands are coated with anti-matter. Anything football shaped that goes near is sucked into the black-whole-like vortex of gravitational greatness. Iglesias has moves that remind me of Clayton. Gresham needs to keep the handle on the ball, but he had a couple nice catches and it was nice to see the TE's in the passing game. Good blocking by the entire group.

The OL pass protected very well. Run blocking was suspect on short yardage situations. Those watching the TV broadcast heard Stoops comment on that at halftime. I believe the run blocking will be addressed and the pass blocking will get tested next week.

The defense turned in a solid performance. This isn't the first time these guys have seen a spread offense. Again, NT is struggling with young players and working on upping their talent level. But still, I expected to see more blown plays on the defense with it being first game of the season.

The DL should have done well against a young, inexperienced NT OL. They did. You can say NT is not strong along the OL, but our guys faced less than stellar OL's last year and did not fare as well. They had more sax (sacks) than Jimmy Dorsey and gave chase all night. I was particularly encouraged by the DE play. English is going to be special.

The young LB's looked really good. Lofton was all over the place and appeared to me to have an excellent game. RR might have a little rust on him, but sure was around the ball a lot. I believe he will be very good this year. Reed got some PT, but I didn't notice him being a huge factor.

The DB's played a solid game. They kept the WR's in front of them and tackled well. Wolfe was hitting like a truck at safety. Smith was jumping routes like mad. He was so close to nabbing one and taking it home. Speaking of, Harris had the nice INT for a TD. He also caused a fumble. That guy played like his hair is on fire. Bowers got some sub time at Safety and I was really glad for him.

Kicking and coverage were solid. We didn't get to see enough punts to know about that. The return game on punts had a couple of exciting moments, but seems to need work.

Overall it was a very positive performance. It's not realistic to expect much better, especially on the first game of the season. It appears to me this Sooner squad has a chance to be special. If we can get past Miami with a solid win it would be another piece of evidence that says this bunch may really do something this season. I'm ready to watch it unfold. Boomer Sooner!

Newbomb Turk
9/2/2007, 02:49 PM
It was good to see Halzle and Nichol get some reps.

and Dominique Franks.

David Earl
9/2/2007, 02:55 PM
and Dominique Franks.

:D

The Maestro
9/2/2007, 02:57 PM
I wonder if Madu is a possibility on returns...I love the moves he makes.

David Earl
9/2/2007, 03:02 PM
I suspect our punt return issues are more blocking than return man. I'm sure Madu would be good, but don't they only take guys on PR that volunteer?

goingoneight
9/2/2007, 03:02 PM
Murray looked a little nervous. His strength is to be a go-getter and we kept running him like a workhorse in the same style AD and AP ran. But when we got him to the outside like Renaldo Works used to, he showed flashes of absolute brilliance.
Sam... if you only throw two incomplete passes... thats great. I don't care who you're playing. He is much better at his bootlegs than I gave him credit for originally. Malcom Kelly is right, he has nice touch on the deep ball.
Did I say Malcom Kelly? How about JJF, JG and none other than OUr leading receiver for the night, Juaquin Iglesias. That guy is coming along very well. The Fiesta Bowl was a great measuring stick. If you think we don't throw without Kelly, you're in trouble because of this guy.
I think Chris Brown needs to redshirt. For starters, he is the only one who can. Add to the fact that he can get bigger, stronger, polish his running skills and get whatever off-the-field issues resolved. Mossis Madu is more than capable of being the running back or more of the running back CB was last year. He's fast and overall a much more "fancy" runner. Catches the ball well and is a great pass-blocker, too. Again, embarassment of the riches at the RB position.

Provided everyone is healthy next week, I say start AP, work Murray into the lineup and don't be afraid to use Murray and Madu in that end-around formation.

David Earl
9/2/2007, 03:14 PM
I think Chris Brown needs to redshirt. For starters, he is the only one who can. Add to the fact that he can get bigger, stronger, polish his running skills and get whatever off-the-field issues resolved. Mossis Madu is more than capable of being the running back or more of the running back CB was last year. He's fast and overall a much more "fancy" runner. Catches the ball well and is a great pass-blocker, too. Again, embarassment of the riches at the RB position.

I can't argue with your idea about Brown. He is a solid back, but letting him RS might help the team have a bigger runner when AP is gone.

Texas Golfer
9/2/2007, 05:21 PM
I have to admit to being pleasantly surprised at our execution for the first game.

r5TPsooner
9/2/2007, 05:24 PM
My only concern was for the N. Texas mascot. He shouldn't of tried to take the purse from that 103 year old lady.

Killerbees
9/2/2007, 06:30 PM
Quick thoughts after one viewing.

Goods,

1 WRs are great, Kelly will catch anything, and Iglesias cannot be ignored.

2. TEs are great but Gresham need to hang onto the ball.

3. D-line had a monster game

4. WE CAME OUT HITTING AND TACKLING. Best start I can remember. If they keep this up I have high hopes. This will be a huge factor in getting us through those close games.

Bads,

1. Not sold on Bradford. Dont like his long ball at all, but I didnt get to see it that much. 1 was way overthown (I think his second failed att was also on a long ball, but maybe not) The long TD catch was underthrown and would have been eaten up by a decent CB. Not saying Bradford sucks, I just aint sold yet, I bet most of his yards were YAC. which isnt a bad thing but it wasnt like he was throwing the ball downfield all day to put those numbers up.

2. I believe our secondary woes will continue. I saw open NT guys all night, the NT qb couldnt take advantage of it because he had our Dline all over him and he was not very good at checking off. This is gonna show itself next week when we face a better O-line, better WRs and a better QB. With all the talent we have and have had back there this is one of the biggest frustrations. I just dont see anything changing back there.

Gonna watch the game again then I can put some more info down and correct anything I missed. This is my first impression though.

Dan Thompson
9/2/2007, 06:37 PM
I started watching English #33 RDT and how he was able to get to the QB sometimes and very close most of the time. NT didn't run to thier left very much. Just a little side game that was fun.

tommieharris91
9/2/2007, 06:43 PM
I really don't know about the better QB next week. Freeman didn't put up good numbers against Marshall.

Newbomb Turk
9/2/2007, 06:57 PM
Bads,

1. Not sold on Bradford. Dont like his long ball at all, but I didnt get to see it that much. 1 was way overthown (I think his second failed att was also on a long ball, but maybe not) The long TD catch was underthrown and would have been eaten up by a decent CB. Not saying Bradford sucks, I just aint sold yet, I bet most of his yards were YAC. which isnt a bad thing but it wasnt like he was throwing the ball downfield all day to put those numbers up.

wow, I guess you like to nitpick. I agree Sam wasn't Peyton Manning, but come on - it was his first game as a R FR.

I just watched the long TD pass to Kelly. First off, it looked like a pretty darn good pass to me. Also, Kelly had the guy beat by 3 yards, why overthrow it?

starclassic tama
9/2/2007, 07:34 PM
Bads,

this has to be a joke. if not, you are one of the most unintelligent human beings to ever step foot on planet earth.

Jewstin
9/2/2007, 07:36 PM
Yeah, Sam really didn't impress me much. Not sold on the guy at all. He overthrew one deep ball and had another one caught out of bounds. Not to mention that wonderful fade he tossed to Malcom Kelly in the south endzone. Any 7'8 cornerback would've intercepted that one.

That other deep ball he threw to Kelly for a touchdown? Man. Any great cornerback with a rocket up his *** would've eaten that thing for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Possibly dessert. Pretty sure it would've been a pick-six, too. I think he would've close-lined Sam Bradford in the process, just for good measure.

What a craptacular performance. I can't believe he only broke Heupel's record for passing yards in a single half and tied our former Heisman winner's record for consecutive completions. Halzle looked really good in relief, especially when he threw the ball 10 feet over Guitierrez's head on that swing pass in the third.

Sorry. The guy just had the best first game of any OU quarterback EVER, and you have the audacity to say you're not sold on him? I know it's just North Texas, but give the kid some credit. He managed the game wonderfully. There is so much more to being a QB than that one overthrown deep ball. Half of his responsibilities are things we can't even see from television or the stands (presence in the huddle, at the line of scrimmage ... looking off linebackers/secondary, which he seemed to do well the one or two times he really had to).

He did exactly what the coaches asked of him and threw the ball where our receivers could catch it. Is it his fault Malcolm Kelly can catch pretty much anything?

Sorry. This kid has done nothing but impress me from every single angle. Personality, spring game, practices, and now, in his first college start.

Rogue
9/2/2007, 10:14 PM
Good points here, mostly. :rolleyes:

Great performance. Execution and discipline were the themes of the night.

I think Sam B read to the 2nd receiver a couple times and the 3rd once. He tended to project throws a little, like every freshman quarterback ever. Kelly saved him an INT by coming back in bounds on that play. Other than tiny little nit-picks, SB was amazing. He got the team in and out of the huddle, lined up on time, and was always where he was supposed to be. I remember watching new QBs struggle with snaps, handoffs, and especially rollouts, but not last night.

Our DBs are awesome. I was pleased with the line as well. Going into last night our LBs were a question mark. They were fine. Always in position, closing on plays and they have that hustle that makes a difference in several plays each game. It looked like the 2's and 3's got significant PT and we didn't miss much. I expect this is mostly a comment about UNT though.

I thought the O line was fine. Nothing too complicated for them and they faced stacked boxes quite a bit. I also think that after about 16 minutes of the game, we were very basic and ran the same 5 plays, out of different formations and with different personnel, all night. That's about what I expected. What I didn't expect was the crisp execution from that I saw from wire to wire (actually from the third drive through the 3rd quarter...thanks a lot FOX asshats).

As has been mentioned, our receivers have mad skills. TEs are solid, but Gresham needs to keep his head in the game. He was a bit mistake-prone last night, more than just the fumble. Sort of hot and cold. That said, how great is it to have multiple very solid TEs? It's a luxury like having a great fullback...you just have to appreciate it.

Backfield is talented, fast, and deeeeep. I expect to see lots of 2- back sets this year and KW's fondness for splitting out the backs is going to be fun to watch.

Coaching. All aspects of the game were crisp. Mistakes were minimal. Strategy was on-point...give Miamuh some things to prepare for, but don't show them too much. Based on last night the down & distance, formation, and personnel on the field don't give you a thing to predict the next play or even type of play.

Before last night my concerns were: LBs, O Line, new QB, and special teams because ST have been problematic in early games for us.

Now my concerns are: stay healthy men, stay out of trouble men, and beat the hell out of Texas!

tulsaoilerfan
9/2/2007, 10:51 PM
I can't argue with your idea about Brown. He is a solid back, but letting him RS might help the team have a bigger runner when AP is gone.
Very good idea; we are already have 4 talented RB's without him, so might as well RS him and save a year

tulsaoilerfan
9/2/2007, 10:53 PM
Quick thoughts after one viewing.

Goods,

1 WRs are great, Kelly will catch anything, and Iglesias cannot be ignored.

2. TEs are great but Gresham need to hang onto the ball.

3. D-line had a monster game

4. WE CAME OUT HITTING AND TACKLING. Best start I can remember. If they keep this up I have high hopes. This will be a huge factor in getting us through those close games.

Bads,

2. I believe our secondary woes will continue. I saw open NT guys all night, the NT qb couldnt take advantage of it because he had our Dline all over him and he was not very good at checking off. This is gonna show itself next week when we face a better O-line, better WRs and a better QB. With all the talent we have and have had back there this is one of the biggest frustrations. I just dont see anything changing back there.

Gonna watch the game again then I can put some more info down and correct anything I missed. This is my first impression though.

While i agree that one game does not make a QB, Sam only threw 1 ball that i saw that was bad; those little swing passes that look so easy are in reality harder than you think as you have to hit the guy in stride so he can get some YAC, and he was on the money on every one of them; i will take 1 bad throw out of 23 every freakin' game. :D

Texas Golfer
9/3/2007, 12:19 AM
Not sold on Bradford. Dont like his long ball at all, but I didnt get to see it that much. 1 was way overthown (I think his second failed att was also on a long ball, but maybe not) The long TD catch was underthrown and would have been eaten up by a decent CB. Not saying Bradford sucks, I just aint sold yet, I bet most of his yards were YAC. which isnt a bad thing but it wasnt like he was throwing the ball downfield all day to put those numbers up.

Bradford may not be ready for the NFL just yet but I thought he did a great job of getting the ball to the receivers.

Soonerus
9/3/2007, 12:24 AM
I agree with the concept that we have played many softies before in season openers and never looked so solid...however, I think this team clearly has much to prove...but I am liking what I have seen...and very optimistic...like MNC optimistic, without key injuries....

GottaHavePride
9/3/2007, 12:28 AM
So, the consensus is that the two passes Bradford missed all night were slightly overthrown long balls, and that his receivers were getting alot of YAC? We just summed up every complaint ever about Jason White.

Dude, YAC means Bradford hit the WRs in stride where they could break through the defense. That's a very, very GOOD sign.

Soonerus
9/3/2007, 12:30 AM
Hey Bradford was awesome, the only question is can he replicate anything close to this performance under pressure, we should get a good feel for that this week...

GottaHavePride
9/3/2007, 12:41 AM
I was more reacting to Killerbees being a buzzkill. I'm totally pumped to watch Miami get pounded in Norman.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/3/2007, 12:59 PM
Yeah, Sam really didn't impress me much. Not sold on the guy at all. He overthrew one deep ball and had another one caught out of bounds. Not to mention that wonderful fade he tossed to Malcom Kelly in the south endzone. Any 7'8 cornerback would've intercepted that one.

That other deep ball he threw to Kelly for a touchdown? Man. Any great cornerback with a rocket up his *** would've eaten that thing for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Possibly dessert. Pretty sure it would've been a pick-six, too. I think he would've close-lined Sam Bradford in the process, just for good measure.

What a craptacular performance. I can't believe he only broke Heupel's record for passing yards in a single half and tied our former Heisman winner's record for consecutive completions. Halzle looked really good in relief, especially when he threw the ball 10 feet over Guitierrez's head on that swing pass in the third.

Sorry. The guy just had the best first game of any OU quarterback EVER, and you have the audacity to say you're not sold on him? I know it's just North Texas, but give the kid some credit. He managed the game wonderfully. There is so much more to being a QB than that one overthrown deep ball. Half of his responsibilities are things we can't even see from television or the stands (presence in the huddle, at the line of scrimmage ... looking off linebackers/secondary, which he seemed to do well the one or two times he really had to).

He did exactly what the coaches asked of him and threw the ball where our receivers could catch it. Is it his fault Malcolm Kelly can catch pretty much anything?

Sorry. This kid has done nothing but impress me from every single angle. Personality, spring game, practices, and now, in his first college start.

Psssst. Quit stealing my thunder! :D

Piware
9/3/2007, 01:06 PM
So, the consensus is that the two passes Bradford missed all night were slightly overthrown long balls, and that his receivers were getting alot of YAC? We just summed up every complaint ever about Jason White.

Dude, YAC means Bradford hit the WRs in stride where they could break through the defense. That's a very, very GOOD sign.

YAC, can somebody say Mark Clayton? I personally love a receiver that can rack up YAC but the QB has to get it to him. No complaints from me - I give the kid a pass on TWO failed attempts. :rolleyes:

OKC-SLC
9/3/2007, 01:06 PM
I thought our tackling was solid in three ways:

1) first man was there quick

2) first man rarely needed help

3) help was there immediately just in case.

I can't think of an OU team which has tackled extremely well since 2001 team. I hope this is the new pattern for this year.

Egeo
9/3/2007, 01:12 PM
this has to be a joke. if not, you are one of the most unintelligent human beings to ever step foot on planet earth.
our wideouts were amazing and thats why sam had the numbers he had

he didnt play bad - but you cant say that sam is going to be the greatest after lighting up north texas highschool

if he destorys miami this week - im on the bandwagon

*for the record, i thought he was the best qb during the spring
i think he will be good, but lets not annoint him just yet

**tommy grady lit up houston a couple of years ago and i thought he was going to be great
he sucks for utah

David Earl
9/3/2007, 01:35 PM
Grady played against Houston?

illinisooner
9/3/2007, 01:52 PM
Bradford had alot of time to complete 21 of 23 passes, similar to what McCoy had at Texas vs. NT last season. He will not have the same luxury vs. Miami. That being said, I think he's going to have a great game and shut up the Canes by halftime.

Egeo
9/3/2007, 02:15 PM
Grady played against Houston?
iirc, he went 12/14 in the second half in 2004

David Earl
9/3/2007, 02:21 PM
Man, that one escaped my mind.

douxpaysan
9/3/2007, 02:36 PM
Man, that one escaped my mind.
http://www.edsel.com/pages/shawshank.jpgob·tuse /əbˈtus, -ˈtyus/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[uhb-toos, -tyoos] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective 1. not quick or alert in perception, feeling, or intellect; not sensitive or observant; dull.
2. not sharp, acute, or pointed; blunt in form.
3. (of a leaf, petal, etc.) rounded at the extremity.
4. indistinctly felt or perceived, as pain or sound.

RedstickSooner
9/3/2007, 03:03 PM
Okay, now, maybe this means I'm a total cynic -- but is it possible we played Nichol to make it less likely that he transfers if he doesn't earn the starter job next season?

That being said, with our problems at QB (injury wise) I'm a biiiiiig fan of getting as many QBs live, in-game snaps as possible. Can't ever hurt to have more experience amongst our backups, y'know?

SoonerGM
9/3/2007, 05:37 PM
how does everyone feel about the up the middle running game? i think it needs some work. loved pretty much everything else though.

David Earl
9/3/2007, 05:41 PM
how does everyone feel about the up the middle running game? i think it needs some work. loved pretty much everything else though.

I suspect coaches will be chewing on the OL a little this week. That part of the game must improve. That said, NT was stacking the middle bigtime and just giving up outside passes and man coverage on our WR's. I felt sorry for their DB's as their D scheme just sold them out.

David Earl
9/3/2007, 05:44 PM
http://www.edsel.com/pages/shawshank.jpgob·tuse /əbˈtus, -ˈtyus/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[uhb-toos, -tyoos] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective 1. not quick or alert in perception, feeling, or intellect; not sensitive or observant; dull.
2. not sharp, acute, or pointed; blunt in form.
3. (of a leaf, petal, etc.) rounded at the extremity.
4. indistinctly felt or perceived, as pain or sound.

Your face is obtuse.

Ooooo! Want some burn spray?!

:pop:

usmc-sooner
9/3/2007, 06:51 PM
the only thing I can say and this is really reaching is there were a few times where we missed AP hitting the middle of the line and off tackle like a freight train running down hill, no juking just punishment.
Man I think our running backs are going to compliment each other better than any other threesome in the country.
I think DE was dead on with his evaluation.

FaninAma
9/3/2007, 09:56 PM
KillerBees, I didn't see WR's running free through OU's secondary, either.I saw one blown coverage by DJ Wolfe and a few more open receivers for UNT when the 2nd and 3rd team DBs were in. Otherwise the UNT receivers were blanketed.

I thought the defensive play against this spread offense was amazing. The spread is designed to get passes off quickly and OU's defensive secondary didn't allow that to happen. The defensive line played well but the coverage by the secondary made the defensive line play look even better.

soonersn2007
9/3/2007, 10:03 PM
As far as Sam's performance.......he executed the plays that were called. Based on last year, UNT had their defense stacked to stop our running game. Those quick pitch releases required no read, so he still is a unknown quantity in a drop back pass situation reading defenses.

But I expect Kevin Wilson to call an entirely different game than last week, with Patrick back.......I think we will see some ground and pound in the first drive.

Sooner24
9/3/2007, 11:22 PM
Nothing says OU Football like a David Earl review.

Thanks for the review and I might see you in Buddy Hollyville this fall.

Killerbees
9/4/2007, 05:39 AM
our wideouts were amazing and thats why sam had the numbers he had

he didnt play bad - but you cant say that sam is going to be the greatest after lighting up north texas highschool

if he destorys miami this week - im on the bandwagon

*for the record, i thought he was the best qb during the spring
i think he will be good, but lets not annoint him just yet

I guess I wasnt clear on the point I was trying to make, but Egeo says it much better. Thats exactly what I was trying to get across. I keep hearing how Sam is all-world when he has only played 1 game, against a poor opponent. He played a solid game for sure, but that isnt enough to start singing praises for him.

I watched the game again and I will have to amend some of my initial comments.

For starters, there was only a couple of blown coverages I could spot (1st string), and thats to be expected early in the year. One was a linebacker and one was Wolfe. Overall our secondary did really well, Harris was everywhere. My initial perception of the secondary was way off.

The o-line did really well except for a couple of particular players. Cooper spent more time in the backfield than our QB did. He allowed penetration on a majority of plays. Loadholt was blocking very poorly early on.

The problems we had punching the ball in on the ground on 2 drives were in part because of whiffed blocks by our linemen and in part because Murray was too quick to the line and wound up missing the hole. He needs to line up deeper and give the blockers some time. On one attempt he beat a pulling guard to the line and just dove, when he could have stepped into that guards hip pocket and walked across the goal line.

After watching Sam some more I feel hopeful that he will grow into a great QB. He tended to lock onto targets early but all new QBs do that. He did a great job of leading the team though and most new QBs dont do that. I think in the first half he threw like 7 passes over 5 yards and completed 5 of them. Most were well timed and placed but the 2 deep balls he threw were off.

The WRs impressed me even more. They did a lot of downfield blocking.

FSN sucks, they cut back to several plays in progress. I hate that.

The_Red_Patriot
9/4/2007, 09:39 AM
It was a great game. Thanks to SLC HS for coming to Norman.

If we pull of the same performance against Miami, then sir I will S#$^ my pants.

We are for real if we do it against Miami

BoomerJack
9/4/2007, 10:14 AM

When the final gun sounded Sat. nite, that was/is my main criticism or concern about the game. It seemed that we weren't getting much yardage with the inside running game.

But, as D.E. mentioned, with a bunch of defenders in the box, the offense took what was given to them.

birddog
9/4/2007, 10:29 AM
I keep hearing how Sam is all-world when he has only played 1 game, against a poor opponent. He played a solid game for sure, but that isnt enough to start singing praises for him.

who is saying he is all-world?

i don't recall anybody saying he is all-world. i think alot of people are pleased with what they saw for the first game, regardless of the opponent.

a redshirt freshman lighting up a very bad team. he made very few mistakes (ask colt how he did this weekend).

give the kid credit for a nice start to his college career.

Soil Lint Green
9/4/2007, 01:43 PM
If it wasn't for the damn Big 12 officiating!!!!:mad:

Just kidding! I have to laugh about it. Better than crying.

North Texas looked really bad Saturday, but is OU that freakin good? Sure seems so.

NormanPride
9/4/2007, 02:16 PM
Sam looks accurate.

Cooper's struggles worried me a bit. I thought he was supposed to be amazing?

Baker was EVERYWHERE on special teams. Wow.

WRs are amazingly improved since last year. Lets hope their sticky hands continue. I also think Sam's accuracy helps a TON in this. Paul was iffy in that category.

The OL will be fine. We make our best improvement between game one and game 2. At least now we know we have a cool-headed QB and a great set of WRs to help him out.