PDA

View Full Version : Ok ladies and gentlemen...20 years of anger end this week...IT'S MIAMI WEEK!

SoonerStormchaser
9/2/2007, 12:12 PM
Let go of your pent up rage against the U.

It's nice that they beat Marshall...but here comes the beatdown for the ages.

OU: 38 coCanes: 10

dolemitesooner
9/2/2007, 12:13 PM
We are going to loss to miami...sigh We beat a ****ty team like North texas and peope think we are going to win every game this year by 21...lol

thatmediadude
9/2/2007, 12:18 PM
OU 45
mIa 17

Yes, I think it's going to be that bad.

dolemitesooner
9/2/2007, 12:19 PM
LMAO..

47straight
9/2/2007, 12:34 PM
I make no predictions about the score. But I predict that the players, fans, and announcers from CoCane High will show absolutely no class.

KC//CRIMSON
9/2/2007, 12:36 PM
peope think we are going to win every game this year by 21...

You got that part right.....

and if ouflak doesn't start the official game thread, we're *ucked.

SoonerStormchaser
9/2/2007, 12:38 PM
Well...not really. I think we're gonna beat Texass by more than that.

dolemitesooner
9/2/2007, 12:46 PM
Well...not really. I think we're gonna beat Texass by more than that.
And this is why you fail

DarrellZero
9/2/2007, 01:06 PM
http://i.xanga.com/officeconfidential/mrburns.bmp

"Destroy them."

fadada1
9/2/2007, 01:47 PM
funny thing is, none of the current players can even remotely remember the OU/miami thing - even if they have superhuman memory. those of us old enough to remember the games, even if we were teenagers, remember the knock-down drag-out hate-fests between OU and thug U.

i hope stoops brings in barry for a little warm up speech.

Dan Thompson
9/2/2007, 01:56 PM
Quite a few of the players where not born when we were playing miami.

I'll go for the 38 - 10 score.

The Maestro
9/2/2007, 02:31 PM
Well, I watched Miami and this much I can tell you...unless their defense forces some turnovers scoring ten points is going to be very hard for them. Freeman is inept. A few times he rolled out and had tight ends off a bootleg's wide open and just airmailed it or threw it at their feet. Larry Coker was doing color and was very candid about saying Freeman should have done better. I saw him throw in traffic a lot as well and Marshall missed chances to make big plays. They will rely on their running duo of James and Cooper and it won't work...we learn the greatness of Lofton and Reynolds this week.

The key will be our offense against their defense...and it might be tight early, but Miami's inability to move the ball at all will force their defense to get tired and then beat down that the guys on the other side of the ball can't help.

As good as our offense looked last night, our defense was just as impressive...considering the opponent. North Texas probably isn't any worse than Idaho or Arkansas State. I'm thinking maybe 28-0 with 14 points scored in the 4th quarter after Miami's defense is beat down. The Miami quarterback could be as bad as we see this year.

UTisLousy
9/2/2007, 02:37 PM
This will be my weekend of vengeance. My first memories of OU were losing to Miami. If there's a team I dislike more than Texas it's most definitely Miami. I'm flying up next weekend and I've got tickets on the 35. I'm hoping for an all out pillaging, but just a win will satisfy me and I can go on and live my life in peace.

Wishboned
9/2/2007, 02:44 PM
My memories of the Miami losses are still too clear.

And I'm going to be on the edge of my seat until this year's game is over.

StormySooner-IN
9/2/2007, 03:08 PM
I make no predictions about the score. But I predict that the players, fans, and announcers from CoCane High will show absolutely no class.Something tells me you'll be just a little bit richer Saturday Evening....

sooneron
9/2/2007, 03:10 PM
Good guys - around 27
thugs - around 17-21

josh09
9/2/2007, 03:14 PM
OU-35
ThugU-14

Flagstaffsooner
9/2/2007, 03:17 PM
I hate those bastards with a ****ing passion. May those mother ****ers rot in hell.

The Maestro
9/2/2007, 03:18 PM
Well, if you guys think Miami will score double digits then our running defense is not as good as I think it will be or Kirby Freeman is going to get a lot better at throwing the ball in the next 6 days. I can see why their game against Duke last year was a dog fight.

OklaUalum
9/2/2007, 03:34 PM
You know, it's incredible, but in the span we played those guys back in the '80's, from 1985-1987 we went 33-3. And all 3 of those losses were to Miami. I'm looking forward to a little retribution Saturday.

jrsooner
9/2/2007, 03:47 PM
Man, reading some of the miami boards would have you believe that we are going to lose big. Common thoughts from the shecanes...

1. They have no defense, big but slow.
2. NT got recievers open, we'll blow their secondary away.
3. Freshman QB will be cocky, and we'll demolish him.
4. Running game is lousy

From the sounds of it.. they are expecting us to be blown out. I'm reserving judgement, since this is one of two games I've been concerned about. Especially after sitting through the OU-thug games of the 80s.

SoonerStormchaser
9/2/2007, 04:07 PM
Linkys please. I need a good laugh today.

jrsooner
9/2/2007, 04:29 PM
http://www.miami-hurricanes.com/forum/tt.asp?appid=1&p=5&tmode=1&smode=1

They have a few different threads concerning it...

We aren't North Texas..And, they opened their playbook, which gives Shannon and Co. a lot to see and work with this week..OU ran up the score, that's not impressive, it just means people get to pad their stats, but let's not lie, they were throwing bombs, and no one was on their receivers...That isn't going to happen next week..

Looks like OU really can't run even against this crappy team...

OU's running game next week will have to be LOTS of draws and some misdirection because they can't do anything else.

After getting a 1st and 10 on the OU 20 after recovering an OU fumble, NTs QB had a man open in the endzone and overthrew him badly.
And just now as I was typing this, NT had another open receiver in near the goal line at the left corner, and NTs QB missed him.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that NT is getting guys open... Hmmm....

Frankly, so far I am liking what I've seen.

Defense: All I have to say is Blitz Blitz Blitz. I know we dont like to blitz but with there green QB we need to rock his ***. He prob. is gonna be cocky thinking hes the man cause he torched North Texas. I would like to see blitzing which I think he gets shaken and throws bad passes which will be picked. And all I heard on ESPN is Demarco Murray or whatever his name is. Wellllllllll........... haha I could run on North Texas D. Sorry Mr. Murray it will be a whole diff. ballgame come Sat. GO CANES

I'm bored today, so just be-bopping around seeing what others think of yesterday and came across these.

SelmaBamaFan
9/2/2007, 04:33 PM
Wait a damn minute?!?!? Miami has fans?!

jrsooner
9/2/2007, 04:34 PM
http://miami.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=116&tid=99184471&mid=99184471&sid=903&style=2

these guys on the average have them beating us by at least 2 touchdowns. Stormchaser have fun reading.

jrsooner
9/2/2007, 04:34 PM
Wait a damn minute?!?!? Miami has fans?!Yep.. you know those paper things that women wave to cool off. :)

SelmaBamaFan
9/2/2007, 04:36 PM
Just paste a pic of George Teague to them, that will make them stfu! :D

KantoSooner
9/2/2007, 06:08 PM
Oh, my goodness; "OU can't run".

Honestly, I hope their players feel exactly the same way. my prediction just added ten points to an already huge margin of victory. If we score first, we win by 30.
book it, Dan-o.

SoonerStormchaser
9/2/2007, 06:15 PM
Wow...they're almost as funny as those Mean Green fans who were predicting for months that we'd go down in flames.

Dan Thompson
9/2/2007, 06:30 PM
We can't run... we didn't play AP. If he is well and they say he will be, I bet he gets 100 yrds in the first half, if not sooner

birddog
9/2/2007, 07:10 PM
i don't see us losing to them, but i believe it will be a pretty close, physical game.

i'm seeing somewhere around 28-13.

SoonerBOI
9/2/2007, 09:41 PM
Miami who?

Edmond Sooner
9/2/2007, 09:56 PM
Man, reading some of the miami boards would have you believe that we are going to lose big.

Reading this board right here one views a scattered gaggle of smarmy, ***-holish savants who are persuaded of the same conviction--and they are not shy about sharing that conviction.

Myself, I despise Miami having come of age in the eighties; I predict we'll beat them.

But I hope we crush them.

StormySooner-IN
9/2/2007, 10:00 PM
I despise Miami as much as anyone here.

I see this game around 31-14. I hope we do better than that, though.

Does anybody else think we'll have a HB-Duo with AP and DeMarco both playing ??

Boomer Sooner, only 5 days left.

StormySooner-IN
9/2/2007, 10:02 PM
http://miami.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=116&tid=99184471&mid=99184471&sid=903&style=2

these guys on the average have them beating us by at least 2 touchdowns. *Stormchaser have fun reading.Sure thing.:D;)

HEH, "We dont care about nobody except this U"

InTexasandImStuck
9/2/2007, 10:06 PM
Sorry to see your season end on a Saturday in September...

From one U to another..

InTexasandImStuck
9/2/2007, 10:16 PM
OU 1985 - 1987 33-0 against the world.

0-3 against the U.

Miami ended the wishbone for both OU and Nebraska. How is it going to feel when you leave the stadium Saturday afternoon?? Knowing Poopes was smoked and the U ran the win streak to 4? Seeing Mourning Stadium empty.

Watching the stadium empty happlessly while we party in the south end zone. Feeling of helplessness, seeing your season end while once again we continue on toward promised land...

MR2-Sooner86
9/2/2007, 10:22 PM
From hornfans...

Lets talk next week after we've played TCU and they've played Miami.

I agree. If they [censored] slap Miami like that then I'll be concerned.

Now I know revenge is awesome. The thing is I've heard on this board many times over "we don't have our swagger" or "remember when teams were scared just by us stepping on the field". Well folks, I hope we not only beat but crucify Miami. We just royally [censored] up NT and wouldn't it be nice to do it to Miami? Not only for the revenge factor, but don't you think the rest of the teams we have to play will be ****ing themselves? Remember how our '03 team, before K-State, had people thinking any team is a lamb before the slaughter. Folks, I really believe we've have a golden opportunity here. The stars and the planets are in the right spot.

Lets do it. Lets have Miami be our example.

r5TPsooner
9/2/2007, 10:26 PM
Honestly, I'd be shocked if this game wasn't a nailbiter. This will be the 1st real defense that the OU offense has seen and it's a pretty darned good one at that! I'll be happy with any type of victory over the Canes.

Of course, the homer in me wants to beat them like a rented mule but every fiber in my body tell me that this isn't going to happen and that Miami is worthy opponent with absolutely nothing to lose.

InTexasandImStuck
9/2/2007, 10:38 PM
We fully expect the Win or else I wouldn't be driving in for the game. I don't get people thaty travel to a game thinking we lose.

I have never seen the U lose on the road and don't expect to this weekend.

Whet
9/2/2007, 10:40 PM
Wait a damn minute?!?!? Miami has fans?!

They do have televisions in prisons, don't they? After all, they are a captive audience....

RiddlerOK
9/2/2007, 10:55 PM
I have had the whole revenge motive in mind for twenty years. I have sat and dreamed the horrifying images of Vinny Testeverde shredding us for 268 yards and four TDs in 1986. I remember the images of the hated Michael Irvin raising his arms aloft in exultation during the Orange Bowl beat down following the 1987 season and taunting the poor Sooner faithful. I remember Troy and the broken leg in 1985 after the Hurricanes came to Norman and humbled a great team. The nightmares never go away......

But there is a time for redemption. That time has come, a scant generation later, when a new band of men step up to the plate and go to battle in a game that has a much different meaning than it did before.

For this week, I am going to look past that and give my perception of how the game will play out.

Both Miami and Oklahoma have great athletes across the board. They both have good team speed too. The real difference for this game is that the Sooner players collectively have more experience where it counts, they have the home field advantage, they have a bevy of skill position players and a quintent of capable running backs who all spell an offensive advantage for Oklahoma and that is where the game will be won. I think the players will lay it all out on the field next week and Miami will be on the other side of the mirror this time.

In a game where both defenses figure to be evenly matched, it is the Sooners offense and special teams that will make all the difference. Sure, the defense will also perform well. If I were Stoops, I would consider power running against Miami's defense. With the offensive line he has at his disposal, I can't imagine Calais Campbell and company being fresh by midway through the third quarter. Expect a 17-7 game to suddenly get away from the Canes and turn into a 38-14 victory for the Sooners in Norman.

InTexasandImStuck
9/2/2007, 10:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTIfTXDPvpc

Like this?
LMFAO..

C

A

N

E

S

CANES!!!!!!!!!!!

CatfishSooner
9/2/2007, 11:05 PM

Like this?
LMFAO..

C

A

N

E

S

CANES!!!!!!!!!!!

You are way over confident...It will be funny after we kick y'alls *** and we never have to hear your ridiculous delusions agains

Edmond Sooner
9/2/2007, 11:12 PM

Like this?
LMFAO..

C

A

N

E

S

CANES!!!!!!!!!!!

This must be SanAntonio moron's sock-puppet.

InTexasandImStuck
9/2/2007, 11:17 PM
You are way over confident...It will be funny after we kick y'alls *** and we never have to hear your ridiculous delusions agains

Return trip.... LMFAO... We will win another NC ring this decade will you? LOL

InTexasandImStuck
9/2/2007, 11:18 PM
[QUOTE]y'alls[QUOTE]

Short for the Jethro Bodine 6th grade education?

85sooners
9/2/2007, 11:35 PM
**** the canes and **** you

InTexasandImStuck
9/2/2007, 11:42 PM
**** the canes and **** you

Better watch it apparently you can be banned for the type of language...

Ash
9/2/2007, 11:51 PM
Better watch it apparently you can be banned for the type of language...

Trolls that bring nothing to the table but weak **** talking are on a shorter leash than others.

:twinkies:

InTexasandImStuck
9/2/2007, 11:59 PM
Trolls that bring nothing to the table but weak **** talking are on a shorter leash than others.

:twinkies:

We will bring it all on Saturday. Stop by for the Jack and Crown shots before the game. Unless you are bringing back some old school to cap one in off in the dorms. 4 in a row. I know it hurts but it will be over quick. Feel free to leave at halftime.

Soonerus
9/3/2007, 12:01 AM
OU 31, Miami 0...you heard it first here...

Ash
9/3/2007, 12:03 AM
We will bring it all on Saturday. Stop by for the Jack and Crown shots before the game. Unless you are bringing back some old school to cap one in off in the dorms. 4 in a row. I know it hurts but it will be over quick. Feel free to leave at halftime.

BWAHAHAHA! Does your mommy know you're using her computer?

Look, you have some athletes on your team and a good defense. I think it's going to be a great game. I respect the talent your program brings to the table, but your posts on this board are perfect examples of why I can't respect the program as a whole.

Well, that and the gang fight your "football team" got into on the field...

Ash
9/3/2007, 12:05 AM

No way. Unless you haven't read it, they're "bringin' it all on Saturday." We're doomed.

Soonerus
9/3/2007, 12:06 AM
I was at the game 20 years ago in Miami and I am "bringing it" too...I owe them ....

dolemitesooner
9/3/2007, 12:08 AM
Mark it down

Ou 10
Miami 17

Ash
9/3/2007, 12:09 AM
Mark it down

Ou 10
Miami 17

Wow. Not giving Miami much credit, don't you think?

GottaHavePride
9/3/2007, 12:10 AM

I don't like the sound of that. Have a couple weeks off.

Soonerus
9/3/2007, 12:10 AM
Mark it down

Ou 10
Miami 17

That pretty much guarantees an OU win in my mind...

dolemitesooner
9/3/2007, 12:11 AM
I just refuse to believe they will win until they do.

Soonerus
9/3/2007, 12:11 AM
I just refuse to believe they will win until they do.

Thanks, Yogi Berra....

dolemitesooner
9/3/2007, 12:13 AM
:)

ouwasp
9/3/2007, 12:41 AM
I hope the crowd is as jacked as they were for Neb 2000...

Dio
9/3/2007, 12:46 AM
I hope the crowd is as jacked as they were for Neb 2000...

Oh, I wouldn't worry about that. We respect Nebraska, we f****** hate tha U. I'm gonna be early, loud, and ****ed off, and not necessarily in that order.

47straight
9/3/2007, 12:48 AM
Oh, I wouldn't worry about that. We respect Nebraska, we f****** hate tha U. I'm gonna be early, loud, and ****ed off, and not necessarily in that order.

Please don't refer to the as the U. They stole that nickname from Minnysoda. :) Thug U or Thugg U for sure.

47straight
9/3/2007, 12:49 AM

Oh, we know not to mess with you, you'll swing a helmet at us.

Soonerus
9/3/2007, 01:00 AM
How about co-canes...

KantoSooner
9/3/2007, 02:41 AM
The only thing I truly fear about this game is the 'Aikman' effect. That is when Miami, seeing that they are in a fight, go dirty and intentionally injure opposing players. (Aikman was even with Green Testes until a blatant dirty hit broke his leg).
Frankly, that may be why Stoops tried to prepare more than one QB last week. Then again, Shannon seems to have a lot more decency that Johnson ever did.

mrjeffmaxwell
9/3/2007, 05:39 AM
We are going to loss to miami...sigh We beat a ****ty team like North texas and peope think we are going to win every game this year by 21...lol

Shut your fat *** up. :twinkies:

EstablishedSooner1967
9/3/2007, 09:42 AM
just once in my life I want to beat Miami... I they make it happen this week!

birddog
9/3/2007, 09:59 AM
i'm stoked about going to this game.

the last time i was in that stadium ad broke his collarbone.

for some reason i see this game as similar to the k state game (38-35, what year was that?). two big, physical teams just pounding each other all game long. i hope the stadium is crazy.

Dr. Jelly Finger
9/3/2007, 10:33 AM

Like this?
LMFAO..

C

A

N

E

S

CANES!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOBsweq0ASU

This seems a bit more realistic.

C

A

R

D

S

CARDS!!!!!!!!!!

The Maestro
9/3/2007, 11:00 AM

After watching their quarterback and our run defense, I am starting to think it might be a shutout, too. They can't throw and we surely won't allow them to run. Barring turnovers we really could shut them out. Freeman is really bad at quarterback.