PDA

View Full Version : Consider These Impressive Numbers!!

jdsooner
9/2/2007, 10:44 AM
From the Dallas Morning News:

79: Oklahoma points against North Texas, the second-highest total in the modern era and the most under coach Bob Stoops. (The OU record is 82). It's also the most points ever allowed by North Texas.

18: Consecutive completions by OU QB Sam Bradford, tying the school record set by Jason White against Nebraska in 2004.

.913: Bradford's completion percentage, the highest ever for any OU quarterback with more than 10 pass attempts.

5: Number of rushing touchdowns by redshirt freshman DeMarco Murray, the first OU player to ever have five touchdowns in his debut.

6: Plays covering 40 or more yards by the Sooners, a school record.

668: Total yards by OU, the 11th-highest total in school history and the most ever in a Sooners' season opener.

11: Extra points by OU kicker Garrett Hartley of Southlake Carroll, tying the school record shared by Trey DiCarlo (vs. Texas A&M, 2003) and Tim Lasher (vs. Missouri, 1986).

403: Passing yards by OU, marking the fifth highest total in team history.

All_Day_28
9/2/2007, 12:29 PM
skeet skeet skeet

OUWxGuesser
9/2/2007, 12:30 PM
HOT, HOT, HOT!

SoonerBOI
9/2/2007, 12:39 PM
sweet.

KC//CRIMSON
9/2/2007, 12:48 PM
consider we played a high school team with OUr stout offensive line......

dolemitesooner
9/2/2007, 12:49 PM
Man I knew people would go nuts wtih this ****....Lets talk after next week

critical_phil
9/2/2007, 01:20 PM

that one is kind of surprising.

LoyalFan
9/2/2007, 01:41 PM
One of the announcers on the TV coverage burbled that the game might turn out like "When, I think it was Cumberland, scored 200-something on someone." (not a direct quote, word for word, but close enough for government work.)
Well, it was 1916. Georgia Tech beat Cumberland 222-0.
To heck with the "Modern Era". Look at these:

1915 OU 102 NW OK 0
1916 OU 140 SW OK 0
OU 107 OK Baptist 0
1917 OU 179 Kingfisher College 0
OU 99 Cent. OK 0
1918 OU 103 Arkysaw Razrbax 0
1919 OU 157 K'fisher College 0

Kingfisher College no longer exists. I wonder if they folded outta embarassment.

LF

OK2U
9/2/2007, 02:16 PM
ESPN:
688 total offensive yards lead the nation this weekend.
DeMarco, with 30 points scored, outscored any other individual in the nation.
403 passing yards is 4th in the nation.
Completing 91.3% of passes, Bradford was the most efficient passer in the nation.
Sam's 363 passing yards was good enough for 5th in the nation.

OK2U
9/2/2007, 02:19 PM
ESPN:
403 total passing yards is 4th in the nation.
Completing 91.3% of passes, Bradford was the most efficient passer in the nation.

The Maestro
9/2/2007, 02:24 PM
I think it is funny that our second team redshirt freshman tailback more than doubled the scoring total of the world's greatest offense. In three more touchdowns OSU will tie DeMarco! Best of luck, Pokes!

Scott D
9/2/2007, 02:35 PM
ESPN:
403 passing yards is 4th in the nation.

21-23 might have been the most efficient in that number, but he is 3rd in passer rating.

CrimsonGuy
9/2/2007, 07:51 PM
As impressive as these numbers are, they have been almost completely ignored by the national media. The national media is only talking about two other numbers. 34-32 App State upset of Mich.

thatmediadude
9/2/2007, 08:11 PM
I like the 34 to 32 numbers just as well though. Guaranteed spot at lucky number 7 in national rankings.

jk the sooner fan
9/2/2007, 08:19 PM
downplay our opponent all you want, we've come out flat against similar opponents in years past

obviously we'll know more next week, but yesterday was nothing to sneeze at

i wonder what SB's QB rating was.......

Jimminy Crimson
9/2/2007, 09:03 PM

152 or somewhere around there, if I remember right.

Scott D
9/2/2007, 09:28 PM
downplay our opponent all you want, we've come out flat against similar opponents in years past

obviously we'll know more next week, but yesterday was nothing to sneeze at

not too shabby.

Passing Statistics
NAME RAT
1. Brian Brohm, Louisville 289.05
2. Tim Tebow, Florida 282.94
3. Sam Bradford, Oklahoma 266.92
4. Colt Brennan, Hawaii 221.86
5. Mike Teel, Rutgers 218.05

cheezyq
9/2/2007, 10:03 PM
As impressive as these numbers are, they have been almost completely ignored by the national media. The national media is only talking about two other numbers. 34-32 App State upset of Mich.

I noticed the same thing. I've seen more talk about how great Sam Keller looked for NU and haven't seen a single mention (outside of a recap) about what a great day Sam Bradford had. I'm not thinking conspiracy or anything, but it was odd that OU is #8 with an offseason battle at QB, and NU is #20.

Not only that, but OU looked solid from the very beginning of the game, whereas NU struggled and was even behind 10-7 before turning it on eventually. Where's the love, man? If so many "experts" are picking us to show up in the NC, why no love for the QB that's going to lead us there?

stoopified
9/3/2007, 03:39 PM
Man I knew people would go nuts wtih this ****....Lets talk after next week
I think most of realize that UNT is not Miami.What makes this set of numbers stunning is where they rank in ALL OF OU HISTORY.We have had a lot of good and even great teams play bad teams and not put up these opening day numbers.Add to that the fact that this was not only Bradford's first start but first ever playing time.Yes Miami will be a much stiffer test but I think SF members are aware of WHO miami is.Mind-blowing numbers.

josh09
9/3/2007, 03:49 PM

79: Oklahoma points against North Texas, the second-highest total in the modern era and the most under coach Bob Stoops. (The OU record is 82). It's also the most points ever allowed by North Texas.

18: Consecutive completions by OU QB Sam Bradford, tying the school record set by Jason White against Nebraska in 2004.

.913: Bradford's completion percentage, the highest ever for any OU quarterback with more than 10 pass attempts.

5: Number of rushing touchdowns by redshirt freshman DeMarco Murray, the first OU player to ever have five touchdowns in his debut.

668: Total yards by OU, the 11th-highest total in school history and the most ever in a Sooners' season opener.

11: Extra points by OU kicker Garrett Hartley of Southlake Carroll, tying the school record shared by Trey DiCarlo (vs. Texas A&M, 2003) and Tim Lasher (vs. Missouri, 1986).

403: Passing yards by OU, marking the fifth highest total in team history.

Killer :D

RedstickSooner
9/3/2007, 04:54 PM
The numbers were good for a scrimmage, let alone a division 1-a opponent.

I see no reason why we can't be pleased with them.

I mean, yeah, obviously, these numbers don't mean we're gonna win a national championship -- but they *do* mean that the team is playing well, and that Stoops was right when he gave 'em time off because of how pleased he was with how their preparation had gone.

GottaHavePride
9/3/2007, 05:26 PM
I noticed the same thing. I've seen more talk about how great Sam Keller looked for NU and haven't seen a single mention (outside of a recap) about what a great day Sam Bradford had. I'm not thinking conspiracy or anything, but it was odd that OU is #8 with an offseason battle at QB, and NU is #20.

Not only that, but OU looked solid from the very beginning of the game, whereas NU struggled and was even behind 10-7 before turning it on eventually. Where's the love, man? If so many "experts" are picking us to show up in the NC, why no love for the QB that's going to lead us there?

In the Wichita Eagle, their "Top 25 Scores" section didn't even list our game. On the pages where every other game in the Big XII got a 1/4 page article, we got nothin'. The only place our game was mentioned in the entire damn paper was under "Full College Footbal Scoreboard", where in 6-point type it said #8 Oklahoma defeats Univ. of North Texas 79-10.

Animal Mother
9/3/2007, 06:18 PM
"There are lies, damn lies and there are statistics."
Benjamin Disraeli

I’m happy as a pig dipped in shat with the game and stats. The opponent was a push-over. The Canes will give us a real read. File that under M.O.T.O. Master of the obvious.

OUHOMER
9/3/2007, 06:23 PM
In the Wichita Eagle, their "Top 25 Scores" section didn't even list our game. On the pages where every other game in the Big XII got a 1/4 page article, we got nothin'. The only place our game was mentioned in the entire damn paper was under "Full College Footbal Scoreboard", where in 6-point type it said #8 Oklahoma defeats Univ. of North Texas 79-10.

It was a late game and they probably had to get to press

GottaHavePride
9/3/2007, 07:50 PM
Pffff. They got USC's game in there.