PDA

View Full Version : Confession time,did anyone REALLY see this coming?

stoopified
9/2/2007, 10:19 AM
I have to admit I didn't.I thought Sam might go like 12-20,200 yards and a TD or two.Likewise I did NOT think OU would score more than around 42 points max.My actual game score pick was 33-10.If I have to be wrong,this is the way to do it.C'mon now time for everyone else to confess.For penance afterwards say to Hail Barrys, and an our father who art Bud.Note to my Catholic friends this is an attempt at humor,not meant to demean or denigrate.

OU Adonis
9/2/2007, 10:27 AM
I thought we would score about 42 as well. This is the first time in awhile we came out hitting all cylinders. Lets hope its not a one game fluke.

OKC-SLC
9/2/2007, 10:31 AM
We executed very well, and UNT was much worse than I gave them credit for.

IGotNoTiming
9/2/2007, 10:34 AM
I was suprised we scored 79. I really thought we would score around 35. I was really hoping UT was going to make bigger headlines by only beating Daddy-Your-Crushing-My-Cigarettes State by 8 points.

birddog
9/2/2007, 10:37 AM
i had unt and the 40 points on pick em.

tulsaoilerfan
9/2/2007, 10:39 AM
We executed very well, and UNT was much worse than I gave them credit for.

Me too; was that the worst team in the history of college football? They were TERRIBLE :pop:

r5TPsooner
9/2/2007, 10:39 AM
I didn't even have the chance to eat my 1st hot dog before we scored.

soonermagicgirl
9/2/2007, 10:53 AM
I thought maybe 45-50 points. I was very impressed with how Bradford played. completing 21 of 23 gives me mucn more confidence on the rest of the season.
Now granted we had no pressure as UNT is just terrible. However, I feel very confident we will be playing for a bowl game and of course become the big 12 champions.

DrZaius
9/2/2007, 11:22 AM
I have to admit that I was surprised but had faith that OU can play that well. But after the last couple of season starts for them I was not 100% sure that it would be that GREAT. I was completely giddy by our second possession.

SoonerBOI
9/2/2007, 12:41 PM
Bradford is something special, huh.

stoopified
9/2/2007, 04:15 PM
We executed very well, and UNT was much worse than I gave them credit for.I was thinking that too about UNT,but wonder if they might be like Middle Tennessee State.Remember we killed them and they went on to play well the rest of the year and won their conference.Not saying this will be the case but wondering IF they are really as bad as we made them look.

Rogue
9/2/2007, 04:54 PM
The team started out at full speed and looking extremely "crisp." No, I didn't see it coming. I thought we'd see some glaring areas to work on. From the new QB, to special teams, snap counts, defense lining up right, I saw NONE of the usual early-season issues we've had the past several years. My biggest concerns now are kids staying healthy, o/o trouble, and Gresham keeping his head in the game.

D-Sweet
9/2/2007, 04:58 PM
Hail Barry
Hail Barry
Our Father who art Bud

I never thought any team could continue to run wide receiver screens time after time without the defense ever adjusting. That was embarrassing defense.

Sam's going to have to throw downfield more against the Canes - hope the results remain the same!

Texas Golfer
9/2/2007, 05:05 PM
I have to admit to being pleasantly surprised.

Bruiser53
9/2/2007, 05:20 PM
A bad Sunbelt team and a high school football coach making his debut was a recipe for disaster for North Texas. I thought we would not have much problem putting up points, but 79 is a bit ridiculous

r5TPsooner
9/2/2007, 05:25 PM
All that I have to say is that it looks like we have ourselves a pretty good QB.

GrapevineSooner
9/2/2007, 06:06 PM
I was thinking about a month ago that the point spread would probably be around 21 points. Then I read in the D Magazine article about Southlake that Todd Dodge's first year team lost three early games.

Then I thought we'd probably win by about 30.

But 69? Uhhh, no. Not even close given our team's recent history in openers.

illinisooner
9/2/2007, 06:51 PM
Did I see this coming? No. Was I surprised? No. But then again, I have high expectations.

Jewstin
9/2/2007, 06:52 PM
You know, the thing that surprised me the most was the mental preparation and lack of mistakes (aside from Gresham's fumble and the long-bomb one of our backups gave up).

We had none of the early season issues that most teams usually have. This team is focused and executed almost flawlessly. It's really evident they are a veteran squad.

Here's hoping it stays that way! Bring it on, Miam-uh!

soonergooner
9/2/2007, 07:16 PM
I was predicting 54-21. I have for some time thought our largest problem laid in our LB corps. I had full confidence in the O, and thought they would move the ball well, though obviously not as well as they did. Surely I felt NT O would pressure and would have a few mental errors that would cost. Never, at the game, did I feel threatened by NT and was quite pleased at the entire performance. Just b4 half, after we went ahead 40-0, I queried my bud whether we would go for 2 to hang a half a hundred at half. Thats what last night reminded me - the 70s' when the game is decided well b4 half and the starters are eating dogs on the sideline...

OKC-SLC
9/2/2007, 08:07 PM
I think UNT may be a good team in their own right, and they have a new coach and an enormous talent deficit when compared to OU. UT seems to play/beat these guys in a big way at the beginning of each season.

But OU still has to execute well, and I think they did that yesterday. I don't care if you are playing against air, clock management, accurate passing, and taking care of the ball are keys to winning that we have struggled with over the last couple of years.

thatmediadude
9/2/2007, 08:13 PM
I had 44 to 7. Thought we would give up a TD at the end (like we did), but the 79 is just insane. Very impressive though. I thought we should have let Hays McEachern have a throw or two though! HAHA

MextheBulldog
9/2/2007, 09:54 PM
No way. Yeah, it was NTSU, but this is the best we have looked in a very long time.