PDA

View Full Version : Simple thoughts from last night...

CtheB
9/2/2007, 09:22 AM
....a team that looked like it had a great offseason and was ready to get back on the field. 'nuff said.

85sooners
9/2/2007, 09:23 AM
booooooooooooooooomer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rogue
9/2/2007, 09:24 AM
Simple? Check.
Thoughts? Just one, no "s."

stoopified
9/2/2007, 09:31 AM
Best opening game performance by any OU QB,EVER.One of the best overall opening game performances by an OU team ever.I think many of Our mistakes were caused by the number of players we used in the game.You get that many subs in a game that early and often and stuff happens.

TripleOption14
9/2/2007, 09:57 AM
Let's not get too crazy about the win. It was good to see everyone get their feet wet and perform well but that was a SEVERLY out matched team we played last night. The true test will be next week. If the team plays the same way next week then we can all start laughing about what could be for the rest of the season.

SoonerBacker
9/2/2007, 10:03 AM
I agree that NTU was not much of an opponent. I also know that the REAL test comes at 100 hrs next Saturday. But there is still the fact that we played better than I really expected. There have been some other teams come into Memorial Stadium that we were expected to do this to, and we fell far short of doing it. And a brief look around the NCAA will show that some other traditional powerhouses failed to perform on the level we did. Even in the Big XII.....texA$$ by 8 over Arkansas St? I know ASU is a better team than NTU, but I think it would be safe to say that the folks in austin are wondering why the game was as close as it was.

jthomasou78
9/2/2007, 10:12 AM
If I were to make one criticism is what the lack of punch from the first string o-line at the goal line.

zeke
9/2/2007, 10:19 AM
If I were to make one criticism is what the lack of punch from the first string o-line at the goal line.

+1