PDA

View Full Version : Now THAT is good TV,thanks ND

stoopified
9/2/2007, 09:00 AM
I just love seeing the high and mighty men of Notre Shame go down in flames ,jut love,love,love it.It is particularly sweet since the major weapon of ND destruction was OU transfer Tashard Choice who racked up 197 yards and 3 tds. Way to go T.I thought when he was OU he was too good to sit on the bench.A sidenote,ND is 40-23 in TV games since they got their exclusive TV contract,Way to go No Brains Corp.

aurorasooner
9/2/2007, 09:09 AM
On his end-of-the-1st-half TV interview, Charlie looked like the poster boy for a Discovery Channel Jarvik-7 artificial heart ad. He looked real bad.

85sooners
9/2/2007, 09:10 AM
:P :D

fadada1
9/2/2007, 09:16 AM
i'm curious what notre dame's TV record is against NON-military academy teams.

stoopified
9/2/2007, 04:44 PM
i'm curious what notre dame's TV record is against NON-military academy teams.
Nd is 8-0 vs. Academy teams during that stretch.If my math is correct that would make them 32-23 against non- service teams.

Sad thing is ND is getting ratings because people like me will tune in to watch them lose.

Animal Mother
9/3/2007, 06:40 PM
Nd is 8-0 vs. Academy teams during that stretch.If my math is correct that would make them 32-23 against non- service teams.

Sad thing is ND is getting ratings because people like me will tune in to watch them lose.

Add me to that Neilsen stat.

Cam
9/3/2007, 08:45 PM
Watched some of the game today. ND is just a bad team right now. They looked totally inept on offense.

birddog
9/4/2007, 11:42 AM
natre dome has decided that the 3 qb's they had weren't good enough and have decided to start frosh jimmy clausen(who had bone spur surgery this offseason) against michigan.

colleyvillesooner
9/4/2007, 11:49 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3003938

Clausen gets starting nod at QB against Penn State

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- True freshman Jimmy Clausen will start for Notre Dame against Penn State on Saturday.

"I think he's ready to run the offense. If I didn't think he was ready I wouldn't do this," coach Charlie Weis said Tuesday. "I'm not going to play musical chairs with our quarterbacks."

Clausen was rated by many as the top high school recruit last year. Weis said Sunday that Clausen could not have started the opener because he was recovering from arthroscopic surgery to have a bone spur removed from his throwing elbow. Weis said Clausen wasn't fully healthy until last week.

Notre Dame was held to 130 yards passing last week, ranking them 94th of 113 teams. Clausen played the final two series and was 4-of-6 passing for 34 yards and sacked once.

Saturday's 33-3 loss Saturday to Georgia Tech was the worst season-opening loss in Notre Dame history. It was the third straight game the Irish were soundly beaten, dating back to a 41-14 loss to LSU in the Sugar Bowl and a 44-24 loss to USC in the regular-season finale.

It's also the first time the Irish failed to score a touchdown in a season opener since a 20-12 loss at Michigan in 1985.

The three points are the fewest points scored by the Irish under third-year coach Weis. The previous low was in a 14-10 win in the season-opener against Georgia Tech last season.

But even more frustrating was that the Irish offense looked inept against the Yellow Jackets as Weis went through three quarterbacks trying to find a spark. Demetrius Jones tried to run the ball and Evan Sharpley and Clausen tried to pass, but none of them could find any room as the Georgia Tech defense repeatedly overpowered the Irish line.

The Irish quarterbacks were sacked nine times for a loss of 69 yards, including Sharpley being sacked seven times. Even subtracting the sack yardage from the rushing total, four Irish backs managed 44 yards rushing on 17 carries. Starting tailback Travis Thomas lost seven yards on seven carries and the Irish line was repeatedly stuffed on short-yardage situations.

rufnek05
9/4/2007, 11:50 AM
i thought it was funny on thursday when i heard lou holtz say ND was going to win 10 games this season. senile old bastage. they'll be lucky to win 6

virginiasooner
9/4/2007, 11:55 AM
And I thought that us Sooners had this year's "quarterback problem." Sooners 1, sports media 0. Who knows what this week's storyline will be: Sooners are overrated, Miami is underrated, blah, blah, blah. But it is a definite possibility that Michigan and the Domeheads could BOTH be 0-2 when they meet up next Saturday.

rufnek05
9/4/2007, 11:56 AM
that would be funny. what time do the new rankings come out?

aurorasooner
9/4/2007, 12:09 PM
But it is a definite possibility that Michigan and the Domeheads could BOTH be 0-2 when they meet up next Saturday. Whoregon deserves a big-time controversial call which lets Michigan escape with a win. After all their holier-than-thou fans came over and posted "too bad, s*&t happens, it's just part of the game", I would like see how they take getting royally screwed by the zebras. When/if that happens, I'm going to be the 1st one unloading on them.

stoopified
9/9/2007, 09:41 AM
Thanks again ND,I love watching the Cryin' Irish not just get beat but get BEATDOWN.Regis Philbin must be on suicide watch by now. :):):):):):):):)

hink4769
9/9/2007, 09:48 AM
i hope they're something like 1-7 or 2-6 going to to the Navy game on 11/3

r5TPsooner
9/9/2007, 09:48 AM
the golden domers are feeling a bit rusty these days.

The Maestro
9/9/2007, 09:57 AM
Why won't Charlie Weis get the same treatment as Ty Willingham after year 3?

Meanwhile, how is Ty doing at Washington? Good karma for Ty.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/9/2007, 10:01 AM

Meanwhile, how is Ty doing at Washington? Good karma for Ty.I hear SABAN IS AVAILABLE!

stoopified
9/9/2007, 10:06 AM

Meanwhile, how is Ty doing at Washington? Good karma for Ty.
Ty got screwed by ND,glsd to see him doing well,just wish it wasn't at Washington.We have to go to their place next year.