PDA

View Full Version : Miami

emoinwinter
9/2/2007, 08:38 AM
I was wondering if anybody that watched the Miami game this week would be willing to give their opinion on how they looked.

From the box score it looks like they had their running game going, but the passing could use some help. Freeman was 9 for 21.

fadada1
9/2/2007, 08:52 AM
i saw some of it. offense looked OK - nothing flashy. if we get to the QB, we'll get some oskies and cause some panic.

their D looked FAST. we won't get the YAC's we had last night, but i think the same strategy will work - safe passes to start, nice runs here and there, go longish every so often. our RB's won't get to the corner with as much ease. our O-line is the key to the ENTIRE game, imo.

The Maestro
9/2/2007, 09:01 AM
Miami was able to run the ball on Marshall and that was about it. Freeman not only missed some wide open receivers, but he also threw into traffic quite a bit. I cannot see them moving the ball on us at all.

As far as their defense goes, who knows. Yes, they are fast and talented, but Marshall's offense was really bad. Their QB made some really bad plays and they spend the entire third and fourth quarter looking like they just wanted the game to be over. Marshall had ZERO athletes on offense compared to what Miami will see next week.

I still think we are going to roll this team as I have said all along.

fadada1
9/2/2007, 09:12 AM
good point, maestro. i know we looked like track stars last night against unt, but i think we're THAT fast. i don't know much about marshall, but i know they're not like they were with leftwich.

if we look as fast against miami as we did last night... WOW!!!! i hope so.

85sooners
9/2/2007, 09:18 AM
f miami!!!!!!!!!!

aurorasooner
9/2/2007, 09:25 AM
This game should've been the Prime-time ABC night game. It's going to be a war. IMO, it's going to be our OC Kevin Wilson vs Shannon. Masterful offensive game plan last night by Kevin Wilson, btw. He comes up with another winner next week and we'll own the co-canes. I couldn't tell much about our D front-7 last night vs an obviously over-matched N.Texas State team. This is going to be a chess match and we're going to have to put some points on the board, imo. I'm really glad this game is in Norman. I hate the early KO, though.

BornandBred
9/2/2007, 02:54 PM
The pressure we were bringing with just the front four was encouraging. If we can continue to get pressure with just the Dline, that will make our LBs and DBs that much better. I'm sure the Miami OL will be much improved compared to the UNT OL, but I was still impressed with the push we had.

BASSooner
9/2/2007, 03:01 PM
This game will be different(pft obviously) but I still think we handle this one well.

OU 24
thug U 7

StoopTroup
9/2/2007, 03:03 PM
WE ARE GONNA KICK THEIR A$$ ! ! !
BOOMER SOONER ! ! !

47straight
9/2/2007, 07:13 PM
I think they're gonna stomp our logo in pre-game and we'll be too intimidated to come out and play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOBsweq0ASU

Forfeits go down 1-0 I think.