PDA

View Full Version : Gumby quotable

Okla-homey
9/2/2007, 07:58 AM
from a Tulsa World story this morning....

ATHENS, Ga. -- For Oklahoma State, a greatly anticipated showdown deteriorated into a crushing letdown.

During its 35-14 loss to the 13th-ranked Georgia Bulldogs, in an ESPN2-televised contest played before a Sanford Stadium capacity crowd of 92,746, OSU was doomed not only by ragged defensive play but by surprisingly inadequate offense and special-teams mistakes.

To the dismay of the 5,000 Cowboy fans who made the trip, each of two special-teams errors led to a Georgia touchdown.

The Cowboys, who last season averaged 35.2 points per game and had been touted as being among the better offensive teams in college football, did not score during the second half.

OSU coach Mike Gundy was blunt in his assessment: "We found out we are not ready for the big-time."

Maybe T. Boone will write 'em another big check so they can all go out and buy ice cream or something.

fossil
9/2/2007, 08:00 AM
YOU MEAN TO TELL ME HE ACTUALLY THOUGHT THEY WERE READY FOR THE BIG TIME? MY GAWD MAN, THIS IS MOO 'U', THEY'VE NEVER BEEN BIG TIME AND PROBABLY NEVER WILL.

OUHOMER
9/2/2007, 08:04 AM
he has been reading and believing the blurbs from orangepower.com

SoonerBOI
9/2/2007, 08:08 AM
OSU is "wrestling u", always touting theit 40+ national championships, heh

fadada1
9/2/2007, 08:15 AM
i said it the other day, regardless of where people THINK osu is in the grand scheme of things with offense, georgia is STILL georgia... and they are ranked #13. i didn't hear one person pick uga to win this game. maybe if the game were played in "boys town", the pokes would've had a chance. no way in front of 90K+ at night between the hedges. just sayin'.

aurorasooner
9/2/2007, 08:18 AM
no way in front of 90K+ at night between the hedges. just sayin'.agree.

wishbonesooner
9/2/2007, 09:11 AM
The pukes have never learned that you can talk about how good you are and what you're gonna do, it's a whole different deal to actually go out and do it.
Boone Pickens can write all the big checks he wants, he can't buy them a championship.

stoopified
9/2/2007, 09:25 AM
All the money in the world cannot buy you championships,T Boone.You don't think so,ask UT,with aHUGE football budget,tradition AND top-notch facilities they took 35 years to climb back to the top of the mountain.

In the case of osuwith meager fan support, no tradition,NO MATTER how GREAT their facilities are,they have a LONG WAY to go.You have to win big games on the big stage 'boys to get there.

OSUFAN11
9/2/2007, 10:08 AM
OSU coach Mike Gundy was blunt in his assessment: "We found out we are not ready for the big-time."

Thank God our guys figured that out early. I didnt like the fact that they were going into Georgia with a big ego. Although, they learned more in losing to Georgia than they would have ever learned beating up on scrubs. At least they now know what it will take to compete in the Big 12 South(We are far away from that right now).

r5TPsooner
9/2/2007, 10:40 AM
At least the guy was honest.

soonerhubs
9/2/2007, 10:45 AM
Although, they learned more in losing to Georgia than they would have ever learned beating up on scrubs.

You're kidding right? Your moral victory is more valuable than our beating up on scrubs. BTW tonight in Georgia, you were the scrub.

OSUFAN11
9/2/2007, 10:52 AM
You're kidding right? Your moral victory is more valuable than our beating up on scrubs. BTW tonight in Georgia, you were the scrub.

You took what I said the wrong way. I was trying to say that playing scrubs in non-conference has done nothing for us in the past. It has just given us a false sense of hope. I was not directing that comment towards OU. OU will get a test next week. Hopefully you guys kick Miami's a**.

This loss reminds me of the year we lost to Nebraska in the season opener. All the OSU fans were on suicide watch after that game and we ended up learning from that loss and had a good season. I'm not saying that will happen this year but there is a lot more to learn from playing at team like Georgia than playing a SW Missouri State.

aurorasooner
9/2/2007, 11:11 AM
Another Blobert classic.
Deep snap leads to deep trouble
September 1st, 2007 by berrytramel

ATHENS, Ga. — The list for the Dale Hellestrae Award just got a little shorter. Actually, the award doesn’t yet exist, but OSU sideline reporter Robert Allen said last year he hoped to start the award, named after the long-time Dallas Cowboy deep snapper.

Allen’s motives were obvious; his son, Zach, is OSU’s deep snapper. But in the first minute against Georgia, Zach Allen got the kind of publicity a deep snapper doesn’t want. OSU survived a killer start against Georgia and trails 14-7 after one quarter, but the longer this game goes, the more Cowboy fans and Mike Gundy’s mind will look back on the bad snap that put OSU in an early hole.

Allen’s wild snap that sailed over punter Matt Fodge’s head gave Georgia a free touchdown — a one-play, 14-yard TD drive. You can’t give away touchdowns when you’re playing a team as good as Georgia in an environment as hostile as
Sanford Stadium.

birddog
9/2/2007, 11:13 AM
Thank God our guys figured that out early. I didnt like the fact that they were going into Georgia with a big ego. Although, they learned more in losing to Georgia than they would have ever learned beating up on scrubs. At least they now know what it will take to compete in the Big 12 South(We are far away from that right now).

from orange power...

Nicely put! I will take a loss to a top ranked team over a win against a "North Texas" any day. Playing scrubs in our non-conference games has done nothing for us in the past. I am not saying that I am happy that we lost but I think we can learn a lot more from this game than we could ever learn from beating some scrub.

birddog
9/2/2007, 11:14 AM
me personally, i'll take a win OVER a loss anyday, regarless of circumstances.

OSUFAN11
9/2/2007, 11:15 AM
from orange power...

Nicely put! I will take a loss to a top ranked team over a win against a "North Texas" any day. Playing scrubs in our non-conference games has done nothing for us in the past. I am not saying that I am happy that we lost but I think we can learn a lot more from this game than we could ever learn from beating some scrub.

Where are you trying to go with this post? Are you trying to tell me that this person doesnt have a right to call North Texas a scrub?

birddog
9/2/2007, 11:22 AM
no, just the aggy rationale in general makes me laugh.

aggy 1. we lost pretty bad.
aggy 2. oh yeah, but it was a great loss. we could be 1-0 right now but this is MUCH better.
aggy 3. yep, fellers. we could be 1-0 and climbing up in the rankings. but it's cheating if you win a game against scrubs. we wouldn't have learnt nothin.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/2/2007, 12:29 PM
You took what I said the wrong way. I was trying to say that playing scrubs in non-conference has done nothing for us in the past. It has just given us a false sense of hope. I was not directing that comment towards OU. OU will get a test next week. Hopefully you guys kick Miami's a**.

This loss reminds me of the year we lost to Nebraska in the season opener. All the OSU fans were on suicide watch after that game and we ended up learning from that loss and had a good season. I'm not saying that will happen this year but there is a lot more to learn from playing at team like Georgia than playing a SW Missouri State.For an aggy, you seem like a human being!

Flagstaffsooner
9/2/2007, 01:27 PM
"WE SUCK!"
http://www.aquabooks.ca/images/gumby8.jpg

oufan1
9/2/2007, 02:00 PM
Where are you trying to go with this post? Are you trying to tell me that this person doesnt have a right to call North Texas a scrub?
I think he was just saying that Georgia needs to improve, they should have scored a lot more against there scrub