PDA

View Full Version : No offense but watching Bradford at QB...

Soonerus
9/1/2007, 11:02 PM
...compared to PT was like the difffence between a Rolls and a nice Ford...Bradford looks like the real deal..We'll know more after next week...

BornandBred
9/1/2007, 11:10 PM
Even against a highschool D, 21 of 23 is good, no??

meoveryouxinfinity
9/1/2007, 11:12 PM
haha, he wasn't even nearly that good in high school ;)

Soonerus
9/1/2007, 11:12 PM

Si...

aurorasooner
9/1/2007, 11:14 PM
haha, he wasn't even nearly that good in high school = Heupel

meoveryouxinfinity
9/1/2007, 11:35 PM
= Heupel
yeah, I think we (PC North) went 6-6 and didn't make the playoffs for the first time in like 10 years when Sam was a senior. Oh, that and we had like 5 guys sign d1a. One going to each Air Force, OSU, A&M, Ole Miss, and OU.

OUAndy1807
9/2/2007, 12:06 AM
I wonder what hi qb rating was?

RacerX
9/2/2007, 12:23 AM
Bradford's oline and rb were seniors when he was a junior.

insuranceman_22
9/2/2007, 12:24 AM
I could be wrong here, but I think he's got a little more talent to throw to in Norman.....that catch Kelly made at his knee's going full speed was awesome. The truth of it is OU has a lot more talent on the field than UNT and we were able to expose it. Next week will be vastly different, but I'm hoping for the same result!

BornandBred
9/2/2007, 12:30 AM
This was very similar to the LSU game on Thursday, UNT was just out classed. Dodge could come up with cute offensive schemes that may work occasionally, but the class of athlete was different. OU just has better athletes, period. The catches MK made, behind and low and then in the endzone, were special. He's going to have a big year this year. Bradford did exactly what I wanted him to do, and more. He showed he could make the easy passes without freakin out, then he made a few more difficult ones. And I nearly crapped myself to see the TE getting involved a little. Overall, I was very happy with the game.

SoonerBOI
9/2/2007, 12:44 AM
nice playcalling. Brad was steady.

Ardmore_Sooner
9/2/2007, 12:46 AM
I like this post from orangepower.com referring to getting cussed at at games...

Actually, you probably won't. When you look around in the stands, you'll see lots of big families with babies and small children, and lots of elderly folks, and you probably won't hear much cussing. That's just not who we are.

Fact is, you'll probably get invited to join somebody's tailgate.

:rolleyes: WTF MATE?

mhackl
9/2/2007, 02:47 AM
This was very similar to the LSU game on Thursday, UNT was just out classed. Dodge could come up with cute offensive schemes that may work occasionally, but the class of athlete was different. OU just has better athletes, period. The catches MK made, behind and low and then in the endzone, were special. He's going to have a big year this year. Bradford did exactly what I wanted him to do, and more. He showed he could make the easy passes without freakin out, then he made a few more difficult ones. And I nearly crapped myself to see the TE getting involved a little. Overall, I was very happy with the game.

With the exception of the first half! I'm sorry, but LSU looked very human until they scored just before going into the half. OU looked Super Human after about two minutes. It's a point that seemed to be missed by every sportscaster who's referred to the LSU game .

goingoneight
9/2/2007, 03:39 AM
I like this post from orangepower.com referring to getting cussed at at games...

:rolleyes: WTF MATE?

:confused: What's that got to do with Sammy B?

stoopified
9/3/2007, 03:22 PM
Even against a highschool D, 21 of 23 is good, no??21-23 is good even against air(or the osu D).

RedstickSooner
9/3/2007, 03:39 PM
This was very similar to the LSU game on Thursday, UNT was just out classed.

I want very badly to disagree, but can't in good conscience, as I was denied the chance to see the UNT game :mad:

BUT... LSU looked *really* mediocre in their season opener, at least for a while -- they were just playing a team that was laughably bad.

I think North Texas could've beaten Mississippi State, with how badly Mississippi State was playing.

If LSU played that way the rest of the season, they'd lose 3 or more games. (But, one would expect some improvement, what with it being the first game of the year 'n all).

BornandBred
9/3/2007, 05:16 PM
I want very badly to disagree, but can't in good conscience, as I was denied the chance to see the UNT game :mad:

BUT... LSU looked *really* mediocre in their season opener, at least for a while -- they were just playing a team that was laughably bad.

I think North Texas could've beaten Mississippi State, with how badly Mississippi State was playing.

If LSU played that way the rest of the season, they'd lose 3 or more games. (But, one would expect some improvement, what with it being the first game of the year 'n all).

Agreed. My point, poorly made due to a few too many blue moons, was simply that the class of athlete wasn't the same. It was very similar to a college team playing a highschool team, IMO.

Soonerus
9/3/2007, 05:19 PM
yeah, I think we (PC North) went 6-6 and didn't make the playoffs for the first time in like 10 years when Sam was a senior. Oh, that and we had like 5 guys sign d1a. One going to each Air Force, OSU, A&M, Ole Miss, and OU.

Not sure OSU is D1...

TripleOption14
9/3/2007, 05:34 PM
...compared to PT was like the difffence between a Rolls and a nice Ford...Bradford looks like the real deal..We'll know more after next week...

And also no offense but what you saw was the difference between a QB that had all spring and summer to get ready for a season and a QB that had 2 weeks to get ready for a season. Just sayin...

man00
9/3/2007, 05:39 PM
He will throw at least two picks this week, not saying he is a bad QB but the Canes will put lots of heat on him. I'm more worried about OU stopping the Canes. I fear they will have WR's running free.

Animal Mother
9/3/2007, 05:51 PM
What makes you believe their WRs will run free?

starclassic tama
9/3/2007, 05:59 PM
if they didn't run free on marshall i'm not in fear of them running free on us

Animal Mother
9/3/2007, 06:12 PM
if they didn't run free on marshall i'm not in fear of them running free on us

I agree.
More can be taken from the Marshall/Miami game than our game. I haven't seen the Herd this year, but I'd be willing to bet they could slap UNT. They have more history when it comes to competing with good programs. Nothing against UNT, but they should have stayed in Denton. You have to start somewhere obviously, but the Dodge regime started with obliteration. Who is going to be intimidated by a staff that was coaching high school last year? FSSW kept showing Southlake’s record over five years and I kept screaming “Who the f**k cares???” The dude has to pay his dues and the change was knocked out of his nose Saturday.

The Maestro
9/3/2007, 06:15 PM
Miami's receivers can run free all day long...Freeman has to be able to throw it to them. No chance...that guy sucks really bad.

Oh, and Miami had four touchdown drives. 3 of them were less than 30 yards. Don't turn the ball over and fat chance Miami will be able to sustain long drives to score.

Miami fans are cracking me up...did they not see their team last year against Duke? Hell, if it wasn't for Florida directional schools they would have never topped 30 last year. Inept offense doesn't get cured in one off season OC hire.