PDA

View Full Version : "World's Greatest Offense"?

wishbonesooner
9/1/2007, 09:38 PM
Man that Bobby Reid is good.

85sooners
9/1/2007, 10:16 PM
:eek:

Boarder
9/1/2007, 10:17 PM
Hey, leave them alone! they're 1-0 this year in moral victories since they tied GA at one point in the first half. Show some respect.

Petro-Sooner
9/1/2007, 10:19 PM
Man I really bought into it to. Do I feel like the fool.

goingoneight
9/1/2007, 10:47 PM
Damn aggies. Your empty promises cost me a whole $5.00 on a card. :mad: Oh, well... maybe people won't kiss their arse anymore for awhile.

Soonerus
9/1/2007, 10:48 PM
...and Bowman is the second coming....

oufan1
9/1/2007, 10:51 PM
...and Bowman is the second coming....
He is not half the reciever Kelly is

MichiganSooner
9/1/2007, 10:54 PM
Adarius and Bobby for Heisman.

85sooners
9/1/2007, 10:56 PM
:eek:
Adarius and Bobby for Heisman.:eek: :eek: :D

Piware
9/1/2007, 11:09 PM
Suicide watch for 50% of the board on orangepower.com. Some, however, are adjusting well to their whupped arse status and predicting great things for the future.

They only need (1) an offensive line (2) defense (3) special teams (4) coach (hair gel is optional) and a different schedule. Other than that they are right on track as a program on the rise.

SCOUT
9/1/2007, 11:11 PM
I still think Bowman is a heck of a receiver. He isn't Malcolm but he is very good.

The problem is that he plays for a mediocre team.

IronSooner
9/1/2007, 11:19 PM
Suicide watch for 50% of the board on orangepower.com. Some, however, are adjusting well to their whupped arse status and predicting great things for the future.

They only need (1) an offensive line (2) defense (3) special teams (4) coach (hair gel is optional) and a different schedule. Other than that they are right on track as a program on the rise.

The rise just starts next week ;)

proudsoonergal
9/1/2007, 11:20 PM

Greatness

Crimsontothecore
9/1/2007, 11:23 PM
If you want some fun reading, go to Orangepower.com and look at all the "sky is falling" threads.
A few excerpts from that message board:
1. Gundy is happy to be mediocre
2. Bobby Reed is stupid and gets rattled easily
3. Zach Robinson doesn't get enough playing time
4. "we are a team on the rise" but we haven't "arrived"
5. Play calling sucks

I can't believe the "worlds greatest offense" could have so many issues:P

oumartin
9/2/2007, 12:08 AM
and scores a whopin' 14 points
Where does 70 points put the OU offense?

OU-HSV
9/2/2007, 12:10 AM
Wow, I don't know what to say....the nerve of you!...questioning the offense that could rock the 1985 Chicago Bear's defense's world!!!

insuranceman_22
9/2/2007, 12:10 AM
That's a very good question........

insuranceman_22
9/2/2007, 12:42 AM

Come on, they're not on suicide watch......this is the norm for the Pokes. And by the way, I watched the 1st 15 minutes or so, before the Sooners came on and I loved the way the announcers kept calling them "Cow Pokes!" That was great. Anyway, the old poke motto "tomorrow" has been in use for around 100 years and it will work great in this situation also.....they be fine!

SoonerDood
9/2/2007, 01:20 AM
14 points 'ginst Gawgia defense is like a hunnert 'ginst anyone else.

oumartin
9/2/2007, 01:27 AM
and
[poke]Georgia is the greatest team ever and will win the NC[/quote]

KC//CRIMSON
9/2/2007, 01:58 AM
Just a little FYI:

Aggie = ATM
Aggy = OSUCK

silverwheels
9/2/2007, 02:06 AM
Just a little FYI:

Aggie = ATM
Aggy = OSUCK

You've got that backwards.

KC//CRIMSON
9/2/2007, 02:07 AM
No I don't.

silverwheels
9/2/2007, 02:09 AM
I've seen Texas calling A&M "aggy" for a long time. I've never seen OU fans call OSU "aggy" until you posted that. But I guess you can call them whatever you want, they both suck.

KC//CRIMSON
9/2/2007, 02:10 AM
Ask the authority: Bri

silverwheels
9/2/2007, 02:11 AM
Ask the authority: Bri

Let me get out the conch shell and call him....

birddog
9/2/2007, 02:15 AM
why did i just go to the poke board?

here's why...pre-game banter

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=39471

mhackl
9/2/2007, 02:21 AM
Boone must not have donated enough. Maybe he'll break out his checkbook again.

tulsaoilerfan
9/2/2007, 02:36 AM
Boone must not have donated enough. Maybe he'll break out his checkbook again.
Bill Gates $ could not make the football team a constant winner; they will win 6-7 games and occasionally win 9, but they will ALWAYS be second fiddle, at best, in this state in football. :pop:

mhackl
9/2/2007, 03:26 AM
why did i just go to the poke board?

here's why...pre-game banter

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=39471
It's amusing to see the poke fan post as if he knows something about the game of football.

Originally Posted by orangeenough http://www.orangepower.com//images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?p=341716#post341716)
Please keep in mind that we go no huddle on offense. The defensive secondary of uga will get confused when we spread them out getting the d-backs one-on-one. I am sorry to say but I do not see uga stopping us at all. We may punt twice the entire game.

Admin, where's Gundy's porcupine smilie?

goingoneight
9/2/2007, 03:54 AM
:stunned: mat staferd fer hiseman!!!!111!1

OUHOMER
9/2/2007, 07:56 AM
I've seen Texas calling A&M "aggy" for a long time. I've never seen OU fans call OSU "aggy" until you posted that. But I guess you can call them whatever you want, they both suck.

Man, they have been called aggys forever. They used to be Oklahoma A&M before they changed their name to Oklahoma state university

On July 1, 1957, Oklahoma A&M College became Oklahoma State University.

Bottom line: they still suck

devOUt
9/2/2007, 08:02 AM
The only thing funnier than reading the aggies' pre-game comments is reading their pre-game comments after the game.

Okla-homey
9/2/2007, 08:07 AM
a picture is worth a thousand words...

http://aycu37.webshots.com/image/26556/2002408923238557879_rs.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2002408923238557879)

My nominee for the 2007-08 version of "Stunned Aggy"

bixby28
9/2/2007, 12:03 PM
Okla-homey, that is the best picture i've seen on here in a while. It is indeed the new "stunned aggy".

:pop:

usmc-sooner
9/2/2007, 12:04 PM
and just to think from their own mouths UGA only had 3 returning starters!!! Plus this year they got rid of Bedford and upgraded their D-Cord, and again from their own mouths the UGA offense had nothing but true freshman on their O-line. Yet they give up 35 points.

Color me shocked!!!!!!!!! NOT

Anyone who thought a lower level B12 team was going on the road to beat an upper level SEC (Craig Humphries, Bob Barry Jr. Greg Swaim, Robert Allen) is/was retarded.

Welcome to the future OSU same as the past.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/2/2007, 12:08 PM
I think they somehow got their moral victory.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/2/2007, 12:09 PM
Sometimes a dawg beats a cowboy.

MikeInNorman
9/2/2007, 12:14 PM
Now, now, usmc. How could Aggy have known that Georgia had The Greatest Defense In The Universe? ;)

All that fancy Aggy playcalling and "scheming" means nothing when you line up and get physically a$$-whipped.

I wonder if the local media will be running any more stories on the "innovative" "creative" offensive genius that is The Great Larry Fedora.

MichiganSooner
9/2/2007, 12:35 PM
Elsewhere on this board, a quote is listed about an OSU fan bragging it is better to lose to a tough SEC team than beat a lousy opponent by 70 something. First, aggy, you got whupped, you didn't just get beat. Second, if you like losing to big, tough teams, then why are you playing Troy and Florida Atlantic?

And is Georgia favored to win the SEC? Have not read the preseason press clippings and they may win it with their sophomore/freshman dominated lineup. But aggy, in their league is Florida, Tennessee, Auburn, Alabama, LSU ...And the excuses of a night game, when it is hot and humid, in an SEC stadium...Big deal aggy, OU played a night game, it was 3 degrees warmer in Norman than Athens and they are in a drought; the humidity was at least as high. You either show up and play or get kicked and you got kicked.

I have all the respect in the world for Coach Gundy who summed it up pretty good. Something like, 'we are not ready for the prime time'.

He's got that one right. Can we say "worse than Baylor" yet?

SoonerBOI
9/2/2007, 12:38 PM
OSU = A DUD!

StanberryWasIn
9/2/2007, 12:46 PM
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s265/cet2055/AggieWrong.jpg

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe
9/2/2007, 01:06 PM

Just a little fyi.....

Oklahoma State University–Stillwater, located in Stillwater, Oklahoma, is an institution of higher learning founded in 1890 as a land-grant university under the Morrill Act. Originally known as Oklahoma Agricultural and Mechanical College (Oklahoma A&M), it is the flagship institution of the Oklahoma State University System.

On May 15, 1957, Oklahoma A&M changed its name for the final time to Oklahoma State University to reflect the broadening scope of curriculum offered. Branches have since been added in Okmulgee, Oklahoma City, and Tulsa to the Oklahoma State University System, with the Stillwater campus as the flagship institution.

So yeah they are the aggies,aggy or whatever we perfer to call them on any given day!!!!!!

Scott D
9/2/2007, 01:11 PM

you know what might make them feel better.

scheduling Notre Dame this year. It'd be like a mirror image scrimmage.

Jewstin
9/2/2007, 01:12 PM
Classic. Absolutely classic. I almost feel bad for the ****ers... an entire fanbase lead around by their dicks for 8 months now, told about how unstoppable their offense was ... Bowman and Reid talking smack all over the press, saying how they're confident they can average 50 points a game ...

And the pre-game threads and arguments with Georgia fans are even funnier. If anyone on the planet should know better than to open their mouths, it's football fans here in Oklahoma. We've seen that sort of thing from BOTH teams.

And they come out and get curbstomped in front of the entire country. Clizz-assic.

Flagstaffsooner
9/2/2007, 01:13 PM
Oklahoma State University–Stillwater, located in Stillwater, Oklahoma, is an institution of higher learning

That is hillarious. Someboby should learn Dextar Manley to read.

silverwheels
9/2/2007, 01:30 PM
Just a little fyi.....

Oklahoma State University–Stillwater, located in Stillwater, Oklahoma, is an institution of higher learning founded in 1890 as a land-grant university under the Morrill Act. Originally known as Oklahoma Agricultural and Mechanical College (Oklahoma A&M), it is the flagship institution of the Oklahoma State University System.

On May 15, 1957, Oklahoma A&M changed its name for the final time to Oklahoma State University to reflect the broadening scope of curriculum offered. Branches have since been added in Okmulgee, Oklahoma City, and Tulsa to the Oklahoma State University System, with the Stillwater campus as the flagship institution.

So yeah they are the aggies,aggy or whatever we perfer to call them on any given day!!!!!!

Wow, thanks for the history lesson. I never knew that Oklahoma State used to be the Oklahoma A&M Aggies. Never in my whole life have I heard anything about that, and I've lived in Oklahoma for almost my entire time on this earth.

Sarcasm aside, my point was that the 'Horns always refer to Texas A&M as the singular "aggy", and I've only seen us call OSU the "aggies". There's a difference.

Piware
9/2/2007, 01:56 PM
Just a little fyi.....

The "flagship" turns out to be row boat with one oar in the water. Get your checkbook out T-Bone - these boys need an Evinrude.

Dr. Jelly Finger
9/2/2007, 02:05 PM
The pokes are only 60 minutes away from an undefeated season after week 1. We should have a poll on how many minutes away they will be by the end of the year.

My prediction: 3 hours.

Heh.

goingoneight
9/2/2007, 02:40 PM
:les: Dawg-gone it!!!

bringit
9/2/2007, 03:40 PM
Sarcasm aside, my point was that the 'Horns always refer to Texas A&M as the singular "aggy", and I've only seen us call OSU the "aggies". There's a difference.

This is correct

KC//CRIMSON
9/2/2007, 04:36 PM
"Aggy" is correct.

SelmaBamaFan
9/2/2007, 04:39 PM
On a side note, for those of you that actually paid attention to the poke game, how did Georgia look? We play em later in the year and they seemed to play pretty good. :(

SoonerBacker
9/2/2007, 04:48 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the semantics of the "aggy/aggies" debate is simply a question of the singular versus the plural. They're BOTH aggies.

Texas Golfer
9/2/2007, 04:53 PM
You always should be able to back your words with actions. The Cowboys' claim made it to the Bulldog locker room and the 'Dawgs made them eat their words.

bri
9/2/2007, 07:40 PM
The rule of thumb that I use is, you call the ag school retards from your own state by the singular "aggy", and the ag school retards from a neighboring state "aggies". Thus, the Horns call aTm "aggy" and oSu "aggies", and I do vice versa. (Actually I refer to A&M as "aggie", making sure to differenciate betwix them and aggy. My hate has many layers, not unlike an onion.)

And yes, they all suck. Hard.

oumartin
9/2/2007, 07:55 PM
Its hard to say how good Georgia is. Now if they played a little stronger opponent .. say.. UNT.. we might be able to give you a better read on their teams.
Basically last night Georgia could have picked the local juco and had more of a test

101sooner
9/2/2007, 07:59 PM
The 'Pokes will get better. We knew that it was going to be hard for them to replace Terry Miller. They just need a little more time.

SoonerBOI
9/2/2007, 08:54 PM
Now the pokes say, "the greatest offense in the world" was taken out of context. It was just a ploy by the marketing dept. Daydreamers they are...LOL

BigDeezy
9/2/2007, 08:58 PM
Maybe they can still be "a team on the rise". May not mean anything other than they will get up off their arses to be knocked down once more.

Animal Mother
9/2/2007, 09:17 PM
I grew up way too close to Stillwaterbreedsstillminds and in all my years their sheer inability to grasp reality is mind boggling.

goingoneight
9/2/2007, 09:55 PM
'Aggy' is a verb. As if to say... "that is very aggy of you (don't get insulted, I'm just using it as an example)."

'Aggie' (pardon my language) is a noun. Used in such examples as "he's a dumb aggie."

silverwheels
9/2/2007, 11:06 PM
'Aggy' is a verb. As if to say... "that is very aggy of you (don't get insulted, I'm just using it as an example)."

Nice grammar. :texan:

Ash
9/3/2007, 12:18 AM

'Aggie' (pardon my language) is a noun. Used in such examples as "he's a dumb aggie."

Are you sure your use of aggy in the first sentence is a verb?:P

Soonerus
9/3/2007, 12:37 AM
Ags really thought they had a chance...amazing....

whitehelmutsagain
9/3/2007, 11:38 AM
good news:

Okie ain't making a big whoop like Alabamie's a DOIN. hELL WAY BAMMIE GOIN IF THEY BEAT VANDERBILT THEY'LL BE ranked #1!:pop:
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a239/hunter_/PEACH_BOWL2.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a239/hunter_/ashley_fusc_small.jpg

Fraggle145
9/3/2007, 11:53 AM
On a side note, for those of you that actually paid attention to the poke game, how did Georgia look? We play em later in the year and they seemed to play pretty good. :(

I was at the game. OSU looked bad. UGA could have won by at least two more touchdowns. The Dawgs started running into the line over and over again with 6:00 left in the fourth and were inside the 30. Bobby Reid got rattled as per normal. The only way they got yards was on a few screens and stretch runs and 2 30yd pass plays. They definitely didnt show up for the second half. UGA looked really good. their new running back Knowshawn Moreno is the real deal as is Stafford. Defense was solid as always.

OKC-SLC
9/3/2007, 01:00 PM
The rule of thumb that I use is, you call the ag school retards from your own state by the singular "aggy", and the ag school retards from a neighboring state "aggies". Thus, the Horns call aTm "aggy" and oSu "aggies", and I do vice versa. (Actually I refer to A&M as "aggie", making sure to differenciate betwix them and aggy. My hate has many layers, not unlike an onion.)

And yes, they all suck. Hard.
THIS is correct.

Piware
9/3/2007, 01:13 PM
Classic. Absolutely classic. I almost feel bad for the ****ers... an entire fanbase lead around by their dicks for 8 months now, told about how unstoppable their offense was ... Bowman and Reid talking smack all over the press, saying how they're confident they can average 50 points a game ...

And the pre-game threads and arguments with Georgia fans are even funnier. If anyone on the planet should know better than to open their mouths, it's football fans here in Oklahoma. We've seen that sort of thing from BOTH teams.

And they come out and get curbstomped in front of the entire country. Clizz-assic.

Definition of insantiy is doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results. It happens every year. They run their mouths with the "future is bright", "program on the rise", "Gooners better be afraid", etc., Now they have added Texas to the group that should be trembling and tried to pull that on Georgia. Pokes, how's that workin' for ya?

Georgia has no reason to feel the contempt for them that we do or they would have beat them by another 2 touchdowns. Pukes should be grateful for southern hospitality.

MikeInNorman
9/4/2007, 09:22 AM
On the semantics of "Aggy":

It is true that the Horns have invented and perfected the word "Aggy" to describe A&M and all who follow it. It is both singular and plural, both noun and verb. "Aggy" is so perfect, and so universal in its description of the state of aggieness, that its widespread use wherever Aggy exists is inevitible.

Many here use the term "AggyLite", or "DietAggy" to describe our retarded little cousins in Stoolwater, distinguishing that particular breed of on-the-rise, orange clad Aggy pumpkineer. But on a Sooner board, folks are going to know what you mean when you say "Aggy", whether or not the modifier is used.

Thank you for you attention.

Taxman71
9/4/2007, 10:26 AM
For illustrative purposes, here is how an Aggy coach explains his pitiful showing on Saturday:

"I give Georgia credit, but I don't think they're the main reason we only scored 14 points,” Fedora said. "After looking at the film, we just didn't play well."

For the sake of your sanity, do not try attempt to find any logic or reasoning in this statement. Apparently, air, Xenu and Al Gore had more to do with the PUkes goosegg.

wishbonesooner
9/4/2007, 10:41 AM
T-Bone is going to want his money back if they keep getting punked on TV.

OUmillenium
9/4/2007, 10:57 AM

Redundant