PDA

View Full Version : Anybody watchin Miami?

Sooner Eclipse
9/1/2007, 11:55 AM
dont get USPNU - just wondered how they are looking.

Rogue
9/1/2007, 12:01 PM
Not watching, but they are up 10-0 early on Marshall.

sooner4life
9/1/2007, 12:11 PM
D looks good, offense not so much, Marshall has turned it over once which set Miami up on the 2 yard line, I'll wait to see OU tonight to make any comparisons but from what I am seeing, nothing to threatening to me.

Sooner Eclipse
9/1/2007, 12:18 PM
cool, thanks - knew their D would be good. Was hoping their O was rusty. Next week is still not a lock but if their O was on track this week it could get ugly for next week. We'll see how our O looks.... if they look at least competent I'll feel much better about next week.

101sooner
9/1/2007, 12:31 PM
They look pretty darn tough to me. They appear to be a much more disciplined team to me. They are playing sound fundamental football. They seem very focused and intense. Offensively they look like a team we should be able to handle. Unlike Miami teams past, they don't look real fast to me,

Crimson Kid
9/1/2007, 12:40 PM
Half Time Stats

Score Miami -17
Marshall - 0

(Total Yards : Miami 152) (Passing yards : 64) (Rushing Yards :88) (T0P :13:33)

(Total Yards : Marshall 170) (Passing Yards : 133) (Rushing Yards : 37) (TOP : 16:23)

Dan Thompson
9/1/2007, 12:44 PM
It would be a closer game if Marshall knew how to tackle.

If we have our passing game working we should not have any problem.

Petro-Sooner
9/1/2007, 12:55 PM
Is there a college game monday?

The Maestro
9/1/2007, 12:59 PM
They look pretty darn tough to me. They appear to be a much more disciplined team to me. They are playing sound fundamental football. They seem very focused and intense.

Good Lord, are you a coach? That all sounds so coachesque.

I can't believe Larry Coker is doing color on the game. That has to be awkward.

Wishboned
9/1/2007, 01:03 PM
Is there a college game monday?

Clemson-FSU

BermudaSooner
9/1/2007, 01:04 PM
Well, I haven't seen any fights yet, so they are definitely more disciplined.

Stout D. It will be a good test for our young QB.

The 18,000 at the game seem to be enjoying it. Miami has to be the best program with the least amount of fans.

illinisooner
9/1/2007, 01:05 PM
They look pretty darn tough to me. They appear to be a much more disciplined team to me. They are playing sound fundamental football. They seem very focused and intense. Offensively they look like a team we should be able to handle. Unlike Miami teams past, they don't look real fast to me,

Drop a "capable" and "special" in there, and you've now utilized all of Stoops' coach speak vocab.

Dio
9/1/2007, 01:09 PM
Drop a "capable" and "special" in there, and you've now utilized all of Stoops' coach speak vocab.

Certainly, in a good way.

Soonerus
9/1/2007, 01:11 PM
Well, I haven't seen any fights yet, so they are definitely more disciplined.

Stout D. It will be a good test for our young QB.

The 18,000 at the game seem to be enjoying it. Miami has to be the best program with the least amount of fans.

least amount of fans...it has always been that way for Miami...

Dio
9/1/2007, 01:11 PM

Wait til they move to the Dolphins stadium next year. It'll make a Marlins game look like downtown Beijing

101sooner
9/1/2007, 01:26 PM
Good Lord, are you a coach? That all sounds so coachesque.

I can't believe Larry Coker is doing color on the game. That has to be awkward.

No, but I played Tuba in the Band so I'm real smart about football....

:D

47straight
9/1/2007, 05:22 PM

No question. He's looking forward to it.

Miko
9/1/2007, 05:41 PM
I couldn't tell if marshall was slow or if the canes were fast, but there was a huge difference in team speed in that game.