PDA

View Full Version : slipped disk in lower back (Warning- Graphic Image)

Jerk
9/1/2007, 09:32 AM
You think if I find a way to hang upside down like rosie o'donnel did that it would help?

Maybe I just need to lose weight- I'm at 200lbs now, but I still remember having problems at 165lbs - so maybe not.

At least the sciatic nerve hasn't been pinched again....

..yet

http://flipittypes.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/rosieinsane.gif

I'm not under much 'pain' right now. I just can't get around. I'm like a handi-capped person.

Rogue
9/1/2007, 09:36 AM
Man I hate to hear that. I do know that anyone I've known who embarks on letting the docs start cutting on their neck or lower back basically sign on for surgeries as a way of life from now on. I'm not in constant pain so it's hard to related, but I'd sure think twice about surgery on the back bones if it weren't the only or last option.

Driving truck must be teh succ with that.

Jerk
9/1/2007, 09:40 AM
Man I hate to hear that. I do know that anyone I've known who embarks on letting the docs start cutting on their neck or lower back basically sign on for surgeries as a way of life from now on. I'm not in constant pain so it's hard to related, but I'd sure think twice about surgery on the back bones if it weren't the only or last option.

Driving truck must be teh succ with that.

I'm not in a lot of pain. I just can't straighten up my back or walk. It has happened before. It'll go away. The suck is when teh nerve gets pinched, now that hurts, and hurts bad. Yeah, I've been running hard at work 'from sun-up to sundown' for the last 4 weeks. That doesn't help.

Rogue
9/1/2007, 09:46 AM
Time to getcha a desk job.

Newbomb Turk
9/1/2007, 09:51 AM
good luck Jerk. I have lower back problems from time to time. It sucks.

olevetonahill
9/1/2007, 10:13 AM
Ditto on the back thingy . I have 2 messed up disks and I aint lettin em cut me .
get better Jerk

Jerk
9/1/2007, 10:25 AM
Time to getcha a desk job.
No can do, man. No can do. The most I've ever made with a 'desk job' is 11.xx something and hour. That was okay when I was 22 and had no bills :D I just don't have teh office skillz to earn a competitive wage cuz I'm not, like, smart and stuff. It sure was fun oogling at the women folk, though. That's one thing I do miss. I worked in a title office full of women and a few of them were hawt and weren't afraid to show off their stuff.

SCOUT
9/1/2007, 10:51 AM
I'm not in a lot of pain. I just can't straighten up my back or walk. It has happened before. It'll go away. The suck is when teh nerve gets pinched, now that hurts, and hurts bad. Yeah, I've been running hard at work 'from sun-up to sundown' for the last 4 weeks. That doesn't help.
My Father had some real back problems about 15 years ago. One doctor recommended that he have surgery to relieve the pain. He wasn't too keen on the idea of having that back surgery, so he looked for other solutions.

He talked with one doctor who recommended an exercise regime focusing on his core muscles. it took about three months but started to work. Today he doesn't have any back pain and didn't have to have any surgery.

It might be worth a shot.