PDA

View Full Version : EPL 09/01/07

phead903
9/1/2007, 09:26 AM
Tottenham goes up 1-0 on Fulham on some pretty poor defending against a corner. Fulham has 2 Americans starting, Carlos Bocanegra (Captain) and Clint Dempsey. They lost another American last week, Brian McBride.

Later Man U take on Sunderland and then right before the Sooners kick off my Newcastle side take on Wigan...

phead903
9/1/2007, 09:32 AM
Now 2-0 on a Berbatov header - Tottenham may be saving Martin Jol's job today with this strong showing against Fulham.

phead903
9/1/2007, 09:45 AM
Fulham get 1 back on a cracking header from Clint Dempsey - now 2-1 with 3 minutes left before half time.

phead903
9/1/2007, 10:24 AM
Gareth Bale makes it 3-1 for the Spurs - looks like Fulham is on their way to defeat...now in the 64th minute and Fulham is really inept on offense.

phead903
9/1/2007, 10:39 AM
Mertin floatrs one over Paul Robinson's head to pull Fulham back within 1 at 3-2 in the 78th minute. Fulham may still be able to pull a point out of this match...

birddog
9/1/2007, 11:16 AM
every game i've seen from fulham has been entertaining.

the loveable losers.

ArkanSooner
9/1/2007, 11:31 AM
Fulham's my second favourite team in the Premiership.

And how about my #1, Liverpool?!? 6-0 over Derby County, without Carragher and Gerrard!

GrapevineSooner
9/1/2007, 12:43 PM
In fairness, Derby looked pretty miserable and disinterested.

Especially on Torres' gimme that made it 6-nil.

phead903
9/1/2007, 01:05 PM
My Newcastle side topped Wigan 1-0 on a goal from Michael Owen (who finally is returning to form) to stay undefeated under Big Sam!

Scott D
9/1/2007, 06:09 PM
My Newcastle side topped Wigan 1-0 on a goal from Michael Owen (who finally is returning to form) to stay undefeated under Big Sam!

I'll let you live for being a fellow Magpie.

phead903
9/1/2007, 08:37 PM
We are few and far between as far as I know. Hopefully Big Sam can instill a winning spirit in the squad and we can at least make a run at a UEFA Cup spot this year. I do like the moves we have made in in the off-season and right here before the deadline.

We definitely needed some defensive help - and once we get Shay Given back in goal full time, I think we will be making some noise.

Of course, I am also a Chicago Cubs fan, so....:D :D

birddog
9/1/2007, 10:09 PM
you think you all can keep martins away from the big boys?

that guy is dangerous.

Scott D
9/1/2007, 10:53 PM
We are few and far between as far as I know. Hopefully Big Sam can instill a winning spirit in the squad and we can at least make a run at a UEFA Cup spot this year. I do like the moves we have made in in the off-season and right here before the deadline.

We definitely needed some defensive help - and once we get Shay Given back in goal full time, I think we will be making some noise.

Of course, I am also a Chicago Cubs fan, so....:D :D

I'd like to see some more midfield creativity, in light of what happened Wednesday, it looks like we got rid of Kieron Dyer just in time (ala before he got injured...again), it sucked to lose Nobby Solano though, but his family should come first, especially with everything he's given the Toon over the years.

I think for the first time in well....ever, I actually like the defense and the depth we'll actually possess there once healthy. I keep hoping that Sir Alex will look to foreign shores to replace Rooney, especially in light of Solksjaar retiring. Sadly, I think we'll lose Oba in the January transfer window. Another one of those "Thanks alot Freddy" moves...I'm so glad that a-hole is gone.