PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Horn Coach Openers

Funky G
8/31/2007, 10:36 PM
Wow,

What happens when you don't have all the cash, the largest geographical recruiting base, and the 2nd largest endowment in the nation:

Kent State dogs Chizik at Iowa State in their opener? The only thing crazier than this is that this idiot took that job in the first place.

Greg Robinson, Syracuse, he of the flipping off the fans in '05 fame. Syracuse has gotten their *** kicked so many times they are start calling them the Gerry Cooney's of college football.

Great training Mack -- Let's get it on..

goingoneight
8/31/2007, 10:44 PM
Well, Mangino, Long and Mikey aren't exactly tearing it up, yet. Some coordinators look like they have all the tools and end up being just good coordinators. I can tell you the 2005 Longhorn defense was much more stout than any Texas defense I've witnessed in my 23 years. Seemed like the 2006 effort started out well and just laid down. I'm thinking Chizik wanted out of Austin so badly that he just didn't give a rats *** anymore. But the guy can manage a seriously good defense. Aubbie had a good one when he was there, too. Let's not forget not every great coach starts out real hot. Especially one who is at mighty Iowa State. People are starting to hush these last few years about season openers being a walk in the park. Remember UAB and TCU. Even a great coach field a mess when he's just getting it going.

That said... I love listening to all of the whorn lovers dogging him right now. They were the same people sayign he was the greatest DC ever in 2005.

Funky G
9/1/2007, 09:24 AM
Well said. I just wanted to take a shot. Still can't figure out why Chizik, who was such a hot commodity, didn't take a better job. Oh well, let's go play some Dodge Ball..