PDA

View Full Version : I'm dying here...In Singapore

TheHumanAlphabet
8/31/2007, 10:19 PM
And have to go to Kuala Lumpur Sunday morning at 10 am (10:00 pm Saturday for you hillbillies ;) ) I have have booked marked several radio stations and hope I get to listen to the game for a while after getting up at 5:00 am. My wife safely at home will get the game in HD and in 50-inch glory. Man, I'm bummed. 30 days on the road - I am beat.

birddog
8/31/2007, 10:30 PM
i spent the whole 2002 season in london. it was cool being able to listen to all the games on the internet. my pops taped every game commercial free and i watched the whole season in one night.

sendbaht
9/1/2007, 09:48 AM
Wife and I leave today Saturday (after the Sooner game) for Thailand. We are visiting my in-laws. I will find one of those internet shops and watched as best I can on ESPN realtime. This is for the OU/miami game. Better then nothing. I feel for you dude, I understand.

AzianSooner
9/1/2007, 09:53 AM
If you wonder what's going on with game day, I can tell you that you dont miss a thing.

Mark May is still an a..s.s.

Newbomb Turk
9/1/2007, 09:55 AM
Singapore - mmm...Tiger Beer.

critical_phil
9/1/2007, 10:01 AM
of all the places i've been to in that part of the world, singapore may have been my favorite.

royalfan5
9/1/2007, 10:05 AM
Just make sure your frustrations don't lead you to do anything illegal in Singapore. I hear they are very law and orderey there.

AzianSooner
9/1/2007, 10:07 AM
No big deal, Singaporean only can people at the center of the city. It is not cold so it is not so hard for your bare a.s

TheHumanAlphabet
9/1/2007, 10:41 AM
You know, I like Singapore a lot. But man do they shop and is it crowded... I am pretty much a don't get in trouble person. Especially when the immigration card says in large red printed characters..."Death to Drug Trafficers". But I did get propositioned last night by a hooker. I guess my fat white *** just screamed business guy away from home...

Tiger beer is pretty good.

Newbomb Turk
9/1/2007, 10:50 AM
when I traveled to Singapore in the 90's, we always stayed at the Westin - it was a nice hotel then, not sure anymore. Had to go up to the Compass Rose at the top of the hotel to have a $20 drink. We would walk across the street to the Satay Club and eat satay and drink liters of Tiger. I think that Satay place is gone now.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/1/2007, 11:10 AM
Staying at the Marriott now, when I pass through on Tuesday after Kuala Lumpur, I'm at the Hyatt. The construction and building going in here means someone is making money in Asia...