PDA

View Full Version : hey horns

jk the sooner fan
8/31/2007, 10:02 PM
instead of gnashing your teeth over the broyles incident,

chew on this (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/090107dnspoutpittman.8cab6c10.html)

AUSTIN - Texas has suspended senior receiver Billy Pittman for the first three games of the 2007 season for accepting the use of a car that didn't belong to him.

UT officials said the person wh

SoonerRecon
8/31/2007, 10:07 PM
give Pittman some credit, at least he didn't rob some kid at gunpoint for his xbox. i'm smelling a tcu upset...

saxet sucks!

birddog
8/31/2007, 10:17 PM
now pack arse, whorn bastards.

goingoneight
8/31/2007, 10:26 PM
Glass houses, folks... remember the 'test drive?' Yeah... football fans have no reason really to bring this stuff up. It only takes a few hours before a big event for all the bad news to spill about your favorite team when you least expect it.

SOONER STEAKER
8/31/2007, 10:44 PM
TX WR Billy Pittman has been suspended for 3 games due to possible NCAA violations. Apparently, he was using a car that wasn't his and it may have been a UT's booster car.

Heard this via ESPN tonight.

GO BONGHORNS :twinkies:

sooneron
8/31/2007, 11:00 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3000071

Interesting how every whorn player is being suspended for [GASP!] 3 games. Very odd that it would be three. I can't wait to see the opening line for the tcu game.

Widescreen
8/31/2007, 11:03 PM
Since he was already out for 1 week due to injury, it's really only a 2 game suspension.

MissouriSooner
8/31/2007, 11:03 PM
TX WR Billy Pittman has been suspended for 3 games due to possible NCAA violations. Apparently, he was using a car that wasn't his and it may have been a UT's booster car.

Did they check out where he got the gas for the car??

goingoneight
8/31/2007, 11:17 PM
Colt didn't happen to fall off the tailgate, did he? :D

olevetonahill
8/31/2007, 11:17 PM
Glass houses, folks... remember the 'test drive?' Yeah... football fans have no reason really to bring this stuff up. It only takes a few hours before a big event for all the bad news to spill about your favorite team when you least expect it.
Yup
Kids is Kids , Some are Dumasss some make the most of it
Go figure !;)

FlatheadSooner
8/31/2007, 11:18 PM
What goes around..........

Glass houses.................

Reap what ye sow..........

Yada, yada..................

:texan: :cool:

SCOUT
8/31/2007, 11:21 PM
The 3 game suspension is at least interesting it seems to me.

With that said, I agree with most of the previous posts. Kids will be kids and they do a lot of dumb things. I know I did.

goingoneight
8/31/2007, 11:37 PM
:mack: Let me test drive that car for Billy...

meh... I got nuthin' :(

SoonerDood
9/1/2007, 12:12 AM
3 games? that means he'll get back in time for the...RRS! How convenient!

journeyman
9/1/2007, 12:35 AM
Nah, I think Colt was selling dope to the FBI.

goingoneight
9/1/2007, 12:55 AM
Provided nothing else comes up. Doubtful, but still relevant to the situation.

freshchris05
9/1/2007, 03:01 AM
Nah, I think Colt was selling dope to the FBI.

He quit the dolphins so he could get high 24/7? what?

birddog
9/1/2007, 03:32 AM
where have you been?

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98458

101sooner
9/1/2007, 07:04 AM
You know, it's not an NCAA violation to simply borrow a friends car. What in the heck is the deal? It had to be a car from a dealership or something like that. Maybe the friend was a car salesman.

jrsooner
9/1/2007, 07:37 AM
You know, it's not an NCAA violation to simply borrow a friends car.Technically, yes it is. :) The OU Compliance department went into great details about the technicalities of the rules for what is considered a legal "friend".

On the OU website they list:
"You may not allow a student-athlete to use your telephone to make free calls, or allow use of a free or discounted automobile."

This also includes letting a "buddy" drive your vehicle if you aren't even a dealership. They are very picky about this.

One of the questions that I raised in the OU Compliancy talk that was held down here was:
FBC Norman used to have host families, where a college student was assigned to a family within FBC. This family became like an "adopted" family for the student that year. Offered advice, free meals, sometimes use of a family car, etc. Where does all this fit in? I was told that forms had to be filled out. The family had to be designated as a "legal" friend for the student athlete.

She said the same would have to go for any new "friends" that he met at college. They had to be declared "okay" to "borrow" things from.

I'm assuming that "borrowing" the car from his friend is going to fall under this ruling with the NCAA.

101sooner
9/1/2007, 09:02 AM
Hey man, stop it with the facts, I'm trying to spread rumors here!

:D

jrsooner
9/1/2007, 09:08 AM
Hey man, stop it with the facts, I'm trying to spread rumors here! :DHis friend is probably one of Red McComb's kids. (that is if Red has kids) :)

2k2 c5
9/1/2007, 09:22 AM
3 games? that means he'll get back in time for the...RRS! How convenient!

And concurrent with being out with an injury anyway?

Soonerpsycho
9/1/2007, 11:03 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/Soonerpsycho/spfarksandpics/bookemhorns.jpg

Rhino
9/1/2007, 11:40 AM
This has been rumored for a few months now.

Guess there was more substance to it than some people thought.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/1/2007, 01:05 PM
now pack arse, whorn bastards.well said!

meoveryouxinfinity
9/1/2007, 01:12 PM
crank that soulja boy.