PDA

View Full Version : I just cancelled a credit card !!

1stTimeCaller
8/31/2007, 05:08 PM
One down, one to go.

:)

Widescreen
8/31/2007, 05:20 PM
Good job!

Next time you might consider leaving the card open because available but unused credit looks good on your credit score. At least that's what I've been told.

olevetonahill
8/31/2007, 06:32 PM
Good job!

Next time you might consider leaving the card open because available but unused credit looks good on your credit score. At least that's what I've been told.
This 1TC were talkin about . Not some one with Willpower !

Frozen Sooner
8/31/2007, 09:21 PM
Good job!

Yep. Ratio of used revolving credit to credit limits is a large component of credit score.

OUAndy1807
8/31/2007, 09:23 PM
I just opened a credit card so that I can get a new TV and sweet A/V setup

oumartin
8/31/2007, 09:23 PM
Looks like you cancelled the one that kept Soonerfans.com afloat

olevetonahill
8/31/2007, 09:26 PM
Yup
Some one Pay the Bill :D

SteelClip49
8/31/2007, 09:30 PM
One down, one to go.

:)

You sure it wasn't a gift card?

TheHumanAlphabet
8/31/2007, 10:11 PM
Yep. Ratio of used revolving credit to credit limits is a large component of credit score.

If you follow Dave Ramsey then you don't need to worry about no stinkin credit score...

Cash, savings and no loans outside of the home mortgage make life less stressful, more worry free, and easier as issues are not so complicated...

Frozen Sooner
8/31/2007, 10:20 PM
If you follow Dave Ramsey then you don't need to worry about no stinkin credit score...

Cash, savings and no loans outside of the home mortgage make life less stressful, more worry free, and easier as issues are not so complicated...

Sure. Then again, it's cheaper in the long run to just pay cash for everything. Not everybody has the discipline to do that-I'm certainly not going to say that I do.

I'm just saying that yes, it is correct that keeping a credit card open when it's paid off in many cases will improve your credit score dramatically.

Widescreen
8/31/2007, 10:26 PM
We're working toward being debt free (outside of our mortgage). I stopped using our credit cards for "paying on time" about 15 months ago. Any time I use it now, it's a temporary thing and I pay the amount I charged within a week. Unfortunately we have a LONG way to go still.

rufnek05
8/31/2007, 10:33 PM
i jsut paid my one and only off. only $638.45 for books this semester

1stTimeCaller
8/31/2007, 10:55 PM
You sure it wasn't a gift card?

No, I still have the gift card your mom gave me for our anniversary.

Seriously dude, you're barking up the wrong tree. Remember, of the two of us, I'm the one that didn't flunk out of OU.

soonerbrat
8/31/2007, 11:24 PM
I hope it wasn't a Providian card. They've been after me for a zero balance for 10 years. it's the one thing keeping my credit score from being in teh excellent category. on my credit report it says I owe $0 and I've been late 90 days about 99 times. I tried to protest it, but they reopen it every couple of years so it never exceeds 7 years....I called the credit card company, but since it was so long ago, I don't have the credit card number, and they say they won't remove it. it really chaps my hide.

oumartin
8/31/2007, 11:36 PM
I think if you protest it in writing and they don't respond brat they have to remove it from your report. I've heard thats how you are suppose to go about it.

soonerbrat
8/31/2007, 11:44 PM
I think if you protest it in writing and they don't respond brat they have to remove it from your report. I've heard thats how you are suppose to go about it.

did that. they DID respond saying I owed them $0..so the credit reporting companies won't remove it.

soonerbrat
8/31/2007, 11:45 PM
in fact, they were the only ones to respond...it's the only negative thing on my credit report.

SteelClip49
9/1/2007, 12:09 AM
No, I still have the gift card your mom gave me for our anniversary.

Seriously dude, you're barking up the wrong tree. Remember, of the two of us, I'm the one that didn't flunk out of OU.

I never flunked out of OU, bud. Besides, the department I am in now sure is hell of a lot better than the one at OU. Keep up with your childish insults if you think it makes you look credible.

soonerboomer93
9/1/2007, 12:10 AM
if you owe $0 how can they report you as being late?

wouldn't that be a voilation of the credit report act?

soonerboomer93
9/1/2007, 12:13 AM
I never flunked out of OU, bud. Besides, the department I am in now sure is hell of a lot better than the one at OU. Keep up with your childish insults if you think it makes you look credible.

http://solastyear.com/stfu.jpg

SteelClip49
9/1/2007, 12:14 AM
ooooh, tension is in the air.

Widescreen
9/1/2007, 12:22 AM
Didn't realize Pawhuska High School was all that great. Good for you!

oumartin
9/1/2007, 12:26 AM
Pawhuska, hear they have some wild biker rallys there. prolly where he was concieved

SteelClip49
9/1/2007, 12:29 AM
mighty fine town but not where I came from. Pawhuska does have a fine restaurant called Greeks. It's been a while since I was last there but damn, what a breakfast!!!

soonerboomer93
9/1/2007, 12:58 AM
do they have good chineese there?

http://solastyear.com/fortunecookie.jpg

soonerbrat
9/1/2007, 07:50 AM
if you owe $0 how can they report you as being late?

wouldn't that be a voilation of the credit report act?

???????????

beats the heck out of me. I can't get anyone to do anything about it.
the part that REALLY ticks me off is that they keep "reopening" it so it won't ever just be over 7 years and I can get it off there. AND they keep reporting it over 90 days every single month

This is the only company that I had any problems with..i totally cleaned up my credit report..had some bad stuff on there from when I was married and my husband was in med school..

soonerbrat
9/1/2007, 07:52 AM
it hasn't kept me from getting credit at least...the mortgage company people saw that it said i owe $0 and overlooked it when I was buying my house

1stTimeCaller
9/1/2007, 08:18 AM
Keep up with your childish insults if you think it makes you look credible.

Just because you don't understand a joke or you don't get it, it doesn't make that joke or insult childish.

jus sayin'

soonerbrat
9/1/2007, 08:19 AM
Just because you don't understand a joke or you don't get it, it doesn't make that joke or insult childish.

jus sayin'

i don't get it.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/1/2007, 10:45 AM
???????????

beats the heck out of me. I can't get anyone to do anything about it.
the part that REALLY ticks me off is that they keep "reopening" it so it won't ever just be over 7 years and I can get it off there. AND they keep reporting it over 90 days every single month

This is the only company that I had any problems with..i totally cleaned up my credit report..had some bad stuff on there from when I was married and my husband was in med school..

Okay, this one I DON'T really get. If they say you owe $0.00 then call them to close the account per customer request. If it is zero and you close it, then end of story. Did you ask them how you were supposed to pay $0.00 and have them close the account?

soonerboomer93
9/1/2007, 11:30 AM
that's why i think it might be a consumer credit reporting act violation

the bad part is you may have to contact a laywer to sort it out

soonerbrat
9/1/2007, 11:32 AM
Okay, this one I DON'T really get. If they say you owe $0.00 then call them to close the account per customer request. If it is zero and you close it, then end of story. Did you ask them how you were supposed to pay $0.00 and have them close the account?

yes i did. I've wasted many an hour on the phone with the idiots. I even sent them a copy of my credit report certified mail showing what it said and they still won't remove it.

soonerbrat
9/1/2007, 11:33 AM

i'll keep trying...i protest it every 3 months..maybe one of those times they'll forget to respond :D

Frozen Sooner
9/1/2007, 11:36 AM

The weird thing is that I can't think of any specific provision of FACTA that it violates.

Have you tried sending in a check for $0?

soonerbrat
9/1/2007, 11:47 AM
The weird thing is that I can't think of any specific provision of FACTA that it violates.

Have you tried sending in a check for $0?

the banks don't like that..LOL

Frozen Sooner
9/1/2007, 11:51 AM
Hey, I'd think it was funny. Nothing wrong with a $0 check under UCC. :D