PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas?

SteelClip49
8/31/2007, 03:40 PM
They are the SEC and they are not that far away. Why doesn't Oklahoma play Arkansas more often? It would make both programs look good for SOS.

BASSooner
8/31/2007, 03:41 PM
That's texass' foe.

We need someone like auburn or tennessee

boomersooner28
8/31/2007, 03:51 PM
Tennessee, yeah that sounds good. Wait, we have a home and home scheduled with them don't we? I will be attending that game in Knoxville. I hear you can drive your boat up the river right to the stadium. I will be renting me a boat for that one!

SoonerStormchaser
8/31/2007, 04:12 PM
Screw them and the Phat Phil they waddled in on!

BASSooner
8/31/2007, 04:50 PM
actually Tennessee would be a great foe to play. That will keep some of our hidden in-state talent here

goingoneight
8/31/2007, 04:54 PM
I'd like to see us play Tulsa and Arkansas on a regular basis since we are already forced to play :stunned: every year. Seems only fair to those guys. With four OOC games, you have an oppurtunity to throw in another quality challenge every year as well.

Like next year... say we play at Miami (Orange Bowl), play at Arkansas and home versus TU. If Joe C. wants to throw another brand of aggy in there to be the filler, so be it.

ArkanSooner
8/31/2007, 05:54 PM
Arkansas won't play anyone from a BCS conference.

Seriously, have you seen their OOC? Florida International, Troy, Louisiana-Monroe, and Tennessee-Chattanooga (who lost to a Division II team last night).

MissouriSooner
8/31/2007, 11:01 PM

Seriously, have you seen their OOC? Florida International, Troy, Louisiana-Monroe, and Tennessee-Chattanooga (who lost to a Division II team last night).

Roger that. The Hogs get beat up enough in their own conference; they aren't going to go looking for good teams outside their conference.

Frozen Sooner
8/31/2007, 11:06 PM

You mean like how they played USC the last two years?

goingoneight
8/31/2007, 11:08 PM

So they didn't play Texas in 2003, 2004 and they didn't get destroyed by USC the last two years? Funny, I thought they did.

OU-HSV
8/31/2007, 11:09 PM
You mean like how they played USC the last two years?
or even how they played the whorns in recent years

goingoneight
8/31/2007, 11:13 PM
Doesn't this guy realize they've played USC the last two years?

... and Texas??? ;)

douxpaysan
8/31/2007, 11:15 PM
Arkansas has two stadiums, at Fayetteville and at Little Rock. That means in order to get enough home games to please both fanbases they have to play alot of teams that are willing to play only at Arkansas. I think that is why Tulsa no longer plays them on an annual basis.

OU-HSV
8/31/2007, 11:17 PM
Well it's been a couple seasons since they played texass, but aren't they working on getting that one scheduled again?

Frozen Sooner
8/31/2007, 11:19 PM
Doesn't this guy realize they've played USC the last two years?

... and Texas??? ;)

I heard that they play in the SEC, too.