PDA

View Full Version : I can not believe I'm saying this

MamaMia
8/31/2007, 07:15 AM
We're almost finished packing and will soon be on our way to the hotel for the game tomorrow. We're going to make a weekend of it. I am so excited. Everybody be safe, have fun, and we'll all meet back here to celebrate after the game. :D

BOOMER!

sanantoniosooner
8/31/2007, 07:19 AM
I can't leave until after work tonight :(

sooner2b09
8/31/2007, 07:29 AM
I dont leave until saturday at 12 when we go to our tailgate and get ready for the game!!! :D :D

SOOONER!!!

1890MilesToNorman
8/31/2007, 08:16 AM
I envy all of you who get to attend OU home games! The last game I went to was OU vs Syracuse about 10 years ago in NY. It was a great game and the Sooners beat them on a late field goal.

In my younger days living in OKC I went to 3 or 4 games a year, we always stopped at Del Ranch to load up on steak sandwiches. Great memories, one of the most exciting games that stuck in my head was the 83' ? Stanford game when Elway put on a show in the second half to steal the game.

I just found this board a few days ago and this is my first post. Hello to all and go get'em Sooners!

Thank god for ESPN Gameplan.

1890MilesToNorman (Maine)

freshchris05
8/31/2007, 08:57 AM
welcome ;)

ruf/nekdad
8/31/2007, 09:00 AM
Welcome 1890, it gets to be a lot of fun around here during the season. Lots of clever folks and a dick or two.
P.S. Ask where you can get a free ring tone.

1890MilesToNorman
8/31/2007, 09:07 AM
OK, Where can I get a free ring tone?

Thanks the the welcomes!

sooneron
8/31/2007, 09:07 AM
I envy all of you who get to attend OU home games! The last game I went to was OU vs Syracuse about 10 years ago in NY. It was a great game and the Sooners beat them on a late field goal.

In my younger days living in OKC I went to 3 or 4 games a year, we always stopped at Del Ranch to load up on steak sandwiches. Great memories, one of the most exciting games that stuck in my head was the 83' ? Stanford game when Elway put on a show in the second half to steal the game.

I just found this board a few days ago and this is my first post. Hello to all and go get'em Sooners!

Welcome, I'm only 1472MilesToNorman!

Enjoy the board and don't let some of us crotchety old farts scare you off.:D

1890MilesToNorman
8/31/2007, 09:09 AM
I am a life long Sooner fan so my skin is pretty thick. Especially when it comes to old farts!

XingTheRubicon
8/31/2007, 09:09 AM

I was at that Stanford game. I can still hear Eshbach say on the post game show, It's a gray day in Norman. It was my first loss. I thought OU was like the Harlem Globetrotters. I thought we never lost. I always got to go to the K-state/Iowa st/Oregon st games in Norman and we always won. I was one p*ssed off kid at that game. I kept looking at the clock, the score was something like 31 to 10/14 or so and 3 minutes left in the 4th. I looked at my little brother and said, "I don't think we can win this," with a puzzled as h*ll look on my face. My old man and my brother still laugh about that.

sooneron
8/31/2007, 09:14 AM
I was at that Stanford game. I can still hear Eshbach say on the post game show, It's a gray day in Norman. It was my first loss. I thought OU was like the Harlem Globetrotters. I thought we never lost. I always got to go to the K-state/Iowa st/Oregon st games in Norman and we always won. I was one p*ssed off kid at that game. I kept looking at the clock, the score was something like 31 to 10/14 or so and 3 minutes left in the 4th. I looked at my little brother and said, "I don't think we can win this," with a puzzled as h*ll look on my face. My old man and my brother still laugh about that.
That's sad, but the last part is friggin hilarious.

1890MilesToNorman
8/31/2007, 09:15 AM
I was a cold (mid 30's) wet day and what Elway did in the second half would become his NFL trademark. It was a tough loss but as the years went by I realised I had witnessed an amazing performance by an amazing quater back in Elway.

sooneron
8/31/2007, 09:18 AM
My spekker carries much weight.

ruf/nekdad
8/31/2007, 09:35 AM
Just how big an ol spekker is it?

sooneron
8/31/2007, 09:50 AM
Just how big an ol spekker is it?
Just check yer spek ...

now!

1890MilesToNorman
8/31/2007, 10:17 AM
Welcome 1890, it gets to be a lot of fun around here during the season. Lots of clever folks and a dick or two.
P.S. Ask where you can get a free ring tone.

Hey ruf/neked, I found my free ring tones on google and they all suck. Good thing I have T-Mobile and they will sell me one for $2.49 if I want it bad enough.

I guess every society has their hazing rituals.

LOL

ruf/nekdad
8/31/2007, 10:28 AM
:D

sooneron
8/31/2007, 10:30 AM
Hey ruf/neked, I found my free ring tones on google and they all suck. Good thing I have T-Mobile and they will sell me one for $2.49 if I want it bad enough.

LOL
Yeah, go an get me a two poundah with some steamahs on the side, noob!:D

BermudaSooner
8/31/2007, 11:05 AM

LOL

The noob catches on quick.

1890MilesToNorman
8/31/2007, 11:25 AM
Yeah, go an get me a two poundah with some steamahs on the side, noob!:D

$30 plus over night shipping will cover a 2 poundah and a few steamahs nicely. Would you like some bee'ah to wash it down?

yermom
8/31/2007, 11:37 AM
threads like this remind me why i haven't left Norman :D

sooneron
8/31/2007, 11:41 AM
$30 plus over night shipping will cover a 2 poundah and a few steamahs nicely. Would you like some bee'ah to wash it down?
Ooh, throw in 10 oz chowdah and we got a deal.

1890MilesToNorman
8/31/2007, 11:45 AM
OK, the noob has a couple of questions.

1) Do I have to bribe a moderator to be able to start new threads?

2) I have used the vBookie feature on another forum but on this one I am not allowed to place bets on events that are still open. Will this feature cost me another check to a public official?

Both questions have a tongue in cheek approach and I hope they are taken in that spirit.

MamaMia, I sincerely apologize for hi-jacking your thread.

Thanks,

sooneron
8/31/2007, 11:49 AM
You need more posts to start a thread.

vBookie is for sponsors.

1890MilesToNorman
8/31/2007, 11:51 AM
Thank you, I guess Lobster don't get a guy nowhere on this forum. lol

Flagstaffsooner
8/31/2007, 11:56 AM
Thank you, I guess Lobster don't get a guy nowhere on this forum. lolNo because we have a certain mod who's a crab.;)

Seamus
8/31/2007, 01:07 PM
Welcome aboard, 1890. Your next task, should you choose to accept it, is to ask why they call him "A.D." :D

Oh, and have some http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.gif

Seamus
8/31/2007, 01:11 PM
My spekker carries much weight.

OK, not fishin' here or anything, but how do you know how big your spekker is?

Wow, can't believe I just asked man that.

Seriously, I haven't given it much thought, but how do you know how much you dole out?

P.S.: :D

1890MilesToNorman
8/31/2007, 01:23 PM
Welcome aboard, 1890. Your next task, should you choose to accept it, is to ask why they call him "A.D." :D

Oh, and have some http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.gif

Just like the Energizer Bunny he can run "All Day" and probably jump start a UFO like in the commercial.

Did I pass?

I didn't have to look at the FAQ for this one.

You guys are tough on a noob. For the record, 2 of my uncles and 2 of my cousins are OU grads. I attended OU in the early 80's, never registered for any classes though, I was there for the partying!!!

freshchris05
8/31/2007, 01:51 PM
Just like the Energizer Bunny he can run "All Day" and probably jump start a UFO like in the commercial.

Did I pass?

I didn't have to look at the FAQ for this one.

You guys are tough on a noob. For the record, 2 of my uncles and 2 of my cousins are OU grads. I attended OU in the early 80's, never registered for any classes though, I was there for the partying!!!

http://fi.somethingawful.com/customtitles/title-mr._herlihy.gif

HELL YES!!!

FlatheadSooner
8/31/2007, 05:37 PM
We're almost finished packing and will soon be on our way to the hotel for the game tomorrow. We're going to make a weekend of it. I am so excited. Everybody be safe, have fun, and we'll all meet back here to celebrate after the game. :D

BOOMER!

Have a great time. I'll be watching the tube.

My migration for OU will be to Dallas this year...........can't wait!

fossil
8/31/2007, 05:57 PM
Just went and bought myself a new 42" Plazma HDTV (been looking for an excuse to buy one for some time now, so the opening game against NTSU is the best excuse I can think of.). That takes the place of the 56" rear projection TV that I'm giving my daughter. Looking forward to sitting in my skivies, drinking a mint julep, and watching the Sooners kick some butt!!!!

P.S. But all is not rosy at my house. My A/C went belly up today and that ain't good in the tropical climes of dear old San Antone.