PDA

View Full Version : PSA: Update UR willz

Okla-homey
8/31/2007, 05:23 AM
Please, for the love of all that's holy, if have some stuff, your will is more than ten years old and circumstances have materially changed in your life and the lives of the folks to whom you intend to leave your stuff, consider updating your will to reflect your contemporary intentions and reality.

that is all.

StoopTroup
8/31/2007, 05:31 AM
I have a signed Stoops helmet and an 1883 silver dollar.

Should I hillbilly up?

Okla-homey
8/31/2007, 05:35 AM
I have a signed Stoops helmet and an 1883 silver dollar.

Should I hillbilly up?

Not if you're fine with your Poke wife getting them when you take your dirt nap.;)

jk the sooner fan
8/31/2007, 05:52 AM
i dont care what you say, i'm leaving all of my wealth to my dog

StoopTroup
8/31/2007, 05:55 AM
Not if you're fine with your Poke wife getting them when you take your dirt nap.;)
Your right...

I better get a will...lol

Okla-homey
8/31/2007, 06:09 AM
i dont care what you say, i'm leaving all of my wealth to my dog

Well then, get to scratchin' on paper. That will require a trust. Fido can't inherit otherwise.

BTW, did you hear Leona Helmsley kicked last week and left $11M for the maintenance of her dog? No foolin'.

jk the sooner fan
8/31/2007, 06:41 AM
BTW, did you hear Leona Helmsley kicked last week and left $11M for the maintenance of her dog? No foolin'.

well that was the nexus behind my post......

Oldnslo
8/31/2007, 09:39 AM
well that was the nexus behind my post......
your post had a nexus? dayum. Mine cain't hardly afford a gord.

Chuck Bao
8/31/2007, 10:02 AM
I want to make a provision for free beer and whisky at my cremation rites. If only a few of tranny friends would show up and start lip syncing and dancing around to Pump Up The Jam, I think we'd have a party.

The rest of my stuff I don't care about.

But, how do you do that in a will?

Okla-homey
8/31/2007, 11:25 AM
The rest of my stuff I don't care about.

But, how do you do that in a will?

It's called the "Law of Intestate* Succession." You can read all about the one we have here in Okrahoma at:

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=73029

(note: there are two sets of rules for how your stuff is divided up and parceled out if you die without a will. The first set of rules is for folks who died before July 1, 1985. The other set is for folks who died later.)

As far as the funeral shin-dig, I reckon you could set up a trust now and appoint a trustee who would be bound to set-up the fandango according to your wishes. Of course, you would need to set aside money to pay for it all. A friendly neighborhood lawyer could prolly set that baby up lickety-split. Best to consult one.

*"intestate" does not refer to the presence or absence of gonads.