PDA

View Full Version : Stuff about Minneapolis

Rogue
8/30/2007, 08:28 PM
Fast trip, well all but these airport delays...

Big clean city with sensible public transit and as many blondes as any city 'cept maybe Salt Lake. Mall of America is a giant temple to consumerism. And full of blonde wimmins. It was sorta garish like Vegas with that hectic feeling. The indoor amusement park looks sorta cool for kids. Saw many purple #28 jerseys with Peterson on the back. Some t shirts with his smilin' mug on 'em. They seem excited about AD.

Spent too long doing painful strategic planning. Is there anything worse?

A friend went to the state fair. Said it was like most except he saw kids standing in line to get glasses of milk and thought that odd.

Talked to a local journalist some just chatting. The bridge tragedy had some of the positive effects we've seen in American cities for years now after tragic events with people coming together and working on solutions. Many cities look at the structure of services, preparedness, and response in OKC after the bombing as a model now.

A very large national cemetery is right by the airport. Reminds me of the sign I drive by every day by the Mountain Home NC and VA..."The Price of Freedom is Visible Here."

I always try local beer these days. Forget the name, but the one I had there was worth having another.

In other news...never ask a chubby girl when she's "due.". Still not a good idea I hear.

So, what'd I miss if I get to go back sometime other than a Vikings game where AD singlehandedly dismantles the other team?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/30/2007, 08:40 PM
Did you go into the mens room at the airport? Any foot tapping?

MextheBulldog
8/30/2007, 09:01 PM
Spent a couple nights there on business back in June. Night life in downtown Minneapolis was not bad at all. Friendly folks too.

Petro-Sooner
8/30/2007, 09:02 PM
Do they say eh, much?

8/31/2007, 12:22 AM
Do they say eh, much?Maybe up a little farther north, in Ontario, eh?

olevetonahill
8/31/2007, 12:24 AM
was U in the stall to the left ?

8/31/2007, 12:28 AM
was U in the stall to the left ?U..the Hurricanes...they'll be in Norman sat after next.

proud gonzo
8/31/2007, 12:34 AM
I spent 10.5 hours in the Minneapolis airport a couple of summers ago. Grr.

olevetonahill
8/31/2007, 12:37 AM
I spent 10.5 hours in the Minneapolis airport a couple of summers ago. Grr.
Did ya get ur foot taped ? any action ? :D

proud gonzo
8/31/2007, 12:37 AM
hehe

Rogue
9/1/2007, 08:05 AM
I did actually have to use the loo at the airport. I used a very wide stance.
No foot tapping (or taping ;) ), didn't hear "eh" much but they do drag their O's extry long.