PDA

View Full Version : Where to eat ??

sooner-n-ga
8/30/2007, 08:10 PM
Flying in for the Missouri game and we will need somewhere to eat on friday night a at least one meal on saturday, where is the best spots ?

by the way, we are staying south of Oklahoma City near the airport.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/30/2007, 08:13 PM
McD on SE29th and Lottie, and one in Norman at Main St and Berry.

Paperclip
8/30/2007, 09:49 PM
Lots of chain-type stuff on I-240 and Meridian north of the airport. There's plenty of local Mexican that's really good. Ted's on S. Western, South of 240; Chelino's and Los Vaqueros a little farther South at 89th and Western. Whatever your taste I'm sure we can help you find a place to eat.

meoveryouxinfinity
8/30/2007, 09:52 PM
Depends on how much $ ya got. http://www.mickeymantlesteakhouse.com/ or http://www.cattlemensrestaurant.com/ if you want a quality meal in OKC.

Oh and I'll pray for you and whatever hotel you're in on that part of town :)

StoopTroup
8/30/2007, 09:54 PM
Sooner Dairy

AlabamaSooner
8/30/2007, 10:34 PM
Sooner Dairy

AMEN! I love those burgers!

Van's Pig Stand is awesome as well. Great brisket.

85sooners
8/30/2007, 11:42 PM
burger king sound good????

Ardmore_Sooner
8/31/2007, 12:07 AM
J.R.'s BBQ on I-35

BigEasySooner
8/31/2007, 12:14 AM
Damn guys if OU ever comes to Sugar Bowl again I'll have to take you guys out for a decent meal.......

soonerboomer93
8/31/2007, 12:43 AM
if i make it out for mizzou game

i'm g oing to the fat sannich company

stoopified
8/31/2007, 08:57 AM
Olive Garden in Norman?

SteelClip49
8/31/2007, 09:54 AM
Meridian, north of the airport has some good eats. Can't go wrong with Cattlemen's. Downtown is just a mere 10 minutes from the airport and it has a lot of good eats.

SoonerRecon
8/31/2007, 10:36 AM
billy simms bbq

SteelClip49
8/31/2007, 10:56 AM
Billy Sims BBQ isn't doing to well in Edmond; place may not last much longer.

sooneron
8/31/2007, 11:44 AM
Billy Sims BBQ isn't doing to well in Edmond; place may not last much longer.
The problem may be because people like Recon can't find it on google due to misspelling the name!:D

proud gonzo
8/31/2007, 11:46 AM
Olive Garden in Norman?if you're in Norman and want Italian food, I dont' know why the **** you'd go to Olive Garden. Go to frickin Victoria's on campus corner. about 100 times better food and far cheaper.

Boarder
8/31/2007, 12:07 PM
Even though you're owed a neg, I agree completely here. :D

And, if you're over by the airport try Kona Ranch. It's probably right by your hotel. It's pretty tasty.

Don't go to Cattleman's to eat unless you hate food and yourself. Go lok and say, "Hmmm, nostalgia. Cool." Don't subject yourself to thier sucky food.

mxATVracer10
8/31/2007, 12:10 PM
Raising Cain's chicken fingers

YWIA:texan:

Monster Zero
8/31/2007, 12:12 PM
Best place for breakfast in all of Oklahoma is The Diner, in downtown Norman. Main street, east of the tracks on the north side of the road. Look for the blue sign.

Just don't tell a lot of people...

proud gonzo
8/31/2007, 12:15 PM
Best place for breakfast in all of Oklahoma is The Diner, in downtown Norman. Main street, east of the tracks on the north side of the road. Look for the blue sign.

Just don't tell a lot of people...or Ozzie's out at the airport

proud gonzo
8/31/2007, 12:18 PM

don't blame me--you broke one of the neg rules. :P

Boarder
8/31/2007, 12:21 PM
You do know what I should tell you to do, right?

milesl
8/31/2007, 12:30 PM
:)

milesl
8/31/2007, 12:35 PM
Where'd my reply go ? try again . I can't believe no one has put in Del Rancho ? Go to DR and get the Steak Sandwich Supreme ! I go down to Moore 4-5 times a year and I always make a visit.

Seamus
8/31/2007, 01:22 PM
Kinda partial to the County Line, meself ... 1226 NE 63rd
(405) 478-4955 ... right near the Cowboy Hall of Fame.

soonerloyal
8/31/2007, 01:43 PM
One of the La Baguettes in Norman - very good too. Great ham & cheese or cream cheese croissants for a quick breakfast, awesome quiche and excellent coffees too. Their sandwiches, soups, salads, dinners and all the desserts are vunderbar as well. I used to buy the chicken salad by the pound and some croissants or batards and make sandwiches before the games.

Don't forget the Taco Cabana salsa, queso, red & white chips and the fresh tortillas - a must for Game Day. Dammit, I miss TexMex. No such thing down here in Florida...

Boarder
8/31/2007, 01:46 PM
Call up Dean and tell him to take you to Taco Bueno. He LOVES it!

proud gonzo
8/31/2007, 02:09 PM
You do know what I should tell you to do, right?Probably something I'd have to neg you for, right? :D

SteelClip49
8/31/2007, 02:28 PM

And, if you're over by the airport try Kona Ranch. It's probably right by your hotel. It's pretty tasty.

Don't go to Cattleman's to eat unless you hate food and yourself. Go lok and say, "Hmmm, nostalgia. Cool." Don't subject yourself to thier sucky food.

Which is why Cattlemen's is probably the #1 iconic restaurant in the entire state. The sauteed shrooms, the desserts, filet mignon, house salad with their house dressing. Ahh, makes you feel like a true, 100 percent Oklahoman.

Taxman71
8/31/2007, 02:47 PM
For Italian, Victoria's in Norman (Campus Corner) is great....if you order the lasagna rolls (the house specialty). Otherwise, for more upscale, try Patsy's on Lindsey St...that is where Switzer eats most of the time. Othello's in Campus Corner doesn't have the greatest italian, but it is a big hangout for locals, especially football season.

In OKC, I would go to Bricktown for several good options (avoiding Spaghetti Warehouse obviously). As stated, any non-chain Mexican restaurant is better than just about anywhere else. Ted's, Los Vaqueros, Alfredo's, Chelino's or Tarahumara's.

Taxman71
8/31/2007, 02:48 PM
JR's BBQ in Norman is actually very good.

C&CDean
8/31/2007, 03:03 PM
Call up Dean and tell him to take you to Taco Bueno. He LOVES it!

So, now you're posting over here on the football board cause you think I won't find you. I found you Mr. Pei Wei is the best asian fusion cuisine in the universe guy.

Boarder
8/31/2007, 03:06 PM
No way, I know of your mad board skillz. I know I can't hide. :D

zeke
8/31/2007, 03:09 PM
Cattlemans is good but quite a bit overated IMO. If your an Okie you should eat there though...just because...um....uh...its the Cattlemans

SteelClip49
8/31/2007, 03:34 PM
PF Changs over Pee Wee

cs6000
8/31/2007, 06:49 PM
The Greek House! 2 blocks north of stadium, good luck on seating and air conditioning, though. Just thinking about that big plate....

soonerboomer93
8/31/2007, 07:01 PM
I thought the greek house was closing / closed

duviOUs
9/1/2007, 09:36 AM
Cattleman's Steakhouse is good for sure. I'm a young guy and enjoy it but it is the restaurant that time forgot as their site says. So it may remind you of a place where you might eat on a Sunday with the grandparents but the food is good and you have to eat there at least once as someone said even though it may be a bit overrated. http://www.cattlemensrestaurant.com/

Want something a bit more up to date then I would say just go to bricktown and take your pick, Toby Keith's, Bourbon Street, Chelino's, Spaghetti Warehouse to name a few. Lots of choices plus lots of good sports bars and clubs near for later that night.

PrideTrombone
9/1/2007, 09:49 AM
PF Changs over Pee Wee

PF Changs owns Pei Wei. Not "pwns," they're actually the same company and the same food.

AzianSooner
9/1/2007, 09:51 AM
I have traditional family dishes at my house, come by.

SoonerRedHead
9/1/2007, 10:25 AM
Flying in for the Missouri game and we will need somewhere to eat on friday night a at least one meal on saturday, where is the best spots ?

by the way, we are staying south of Oklahoma City near the airport.

Someone has already mentioned the Diner downtown.

The other place we like is the BBQ at the Sooner Legends Inn at the Corner of Lindsey & I-35. BTW, this is also a great place to stay in the future. All the rooms are themed around OU greats.....

The BBQ is Heaven!

We also love the chicken fried steak sandwich at Del Rancho, just down the street....OMG!

The Mont is still around for Mexican food, it is at the other end of Lindsey.
down by Classen.

Also on Lindsey there is a great place for Italian food I think it is called Patsy's(?), and the King actually came in there one night and bused a couple of tables while we were having dinner!