PDA

View Full Version : What time an what Channel

olevetonahill
8/30/2007, 05:46 PM
Is the Pack game On ? I wanta watch me some PT :D

badger
8/30/2007, 06:51 PM
Is the Pack game On ? I wanta watch me some PT :D
sorry, i misspoke earlier. it is not televised nationally--- not even nfl network. ESPN's devoting the night to college and... wnba :(

as a chick, i should be happy that they are promoting women's sports. somehow, i'd rather watch the packers :D

let's use this thread as a "PT Makes the PACK!" watch board. we can get stat updates from various sites.

Newbomb Turk
8/30/2007, 07:18 PM
ESPN's devoting the night to college and... wnba :(

as a chick, i should be happy that they are promoting women's sports.

I'm too lazy too look it up, but does anybody watch the wnba?

PhiDeltBeers
8/30/2007, 07:31 PM
I'd rather watch poker.

rufnek05
8/30/2007, 07:34 PM
I'm too lazy too look it up, but does anybody watch the wnba?

no, but i hear they have great fundamentals.

badger
8/30/2007, 08:07 PM
no, but i hear they have great fundamentals.
love the family guy/futurama reference :D

PT Packwatch update: Tied at 7, Brett and Aaron both have played, No playing time for Paul Thompson yet... shall be from now on known as...

NO PT FOR PT :(

Will change in 2nd half, I'm sure :D

olevetonahill
8/30/2007, 08:33 PM
love the family guy/futurama reference :D

PT Packwatch update: Tied at 7, Brett and Aaron both have played, No playing time for Paul Thompson yet... shall be from now on known as...

NO PT FOR PT :(

Will change in 2nd half, I'm sure :D
Keep us posted . TIA

badger
8/30/2007, 09:01 PM
Keep us posted . TIA
PT has PT!

Paul Thompson 1/2 6 3.0 0 0

That's 1 for 2 passing attemptes for six yards, 3 yards average per throw.

The Packers are down 17-14. Wouldn't it be awesome for PT to mount a comeback? Goooooo PT!
update: score is now 20-14 after a tennessee field goal. Kerry Collins (remember him? didn't think so...) couldn't lead them to a TD. Just call him Kerry "Kut" :D

olevetonahill
8/30/2007, 09:05 PM
:D :D

badger
8/30/2007, 09:07 PM
26 yd return on kickoff...

1st down... one yard run.
2nd down... zero yard pass by PT :D
3rd down... pass incomplete by PT :(

Punting time... :mad:

EDIT: well, PT will have another chance--- punt got returned for a td by tennesse :mad::mad:

badger
8/30/2007, 09:15 PM
Ok, try try again...

18 yard kickoff return...

1st down: 0 yard rush (yawn)
2nd down: 6 yd pass by PT!!!! :D:D:D

***END OF 3RD QUARTER***

Packers: 14
Tennessee: 27

go thompson go

badger
8/30/2007, 09:18 PM
***START OF 4TH QUARTER***
Reminder: Paul Thompson is 3 for 5 for 12 yards, 2.4 average per throw. No TD's, no INT's.

1st down (own 40): Incomplete pass by PT :(
2nd down: 3 yd run (zzz)
3rd down: 8 yd pass by PT!!! :D:D:D

olevetonahill
8/30/2007, 09:20 PM
Where are you gettin all this ?
Oh keep it up

badger
8/30/2007, 09:22 PM
Current drive: 6 plays, 28 yards

1st down (tenn 49): 5 yd rush

10 yd penalty...

5 yd penalty on TENN...

2nd down (and 10): PT 3 yd rush :)
3rd down: 6 yd pass by PT

what will they do? I hope they go!!!!

Timeout...

badger
8/30/2007, 09:23 PM
Where are you gettin all this ?
Oh keep it up
live game tracker. kind of boring if you're not a hardcore fan, but it's how i've watched many packer games since moving down here. either that or eating on the top tower of Vista in Norman :D

PT now 6 of 9 for 37 yards, and has moved to the #2 qb for GB tonight, ahead of Rodgers (not that it matters, but still cool!)

still timeout...

9 plays, 37 yards 5:09 elapsed this drive

badger
8/30/2007, 09:25 PM
DAMMIT! PT sacked for 10 yard loss. turnover on downs.

fk a dk... tennesee has the ball back. not good news. :(

olevetonahill
8/30/2007, 09:28 PM
DAMMIT! PT sacked for 10 yard loss. turnover on downs.

fk a dk... tennesee has the ball back. not good news. :(
Im not a fan of ANY pro team, I just want our guys to excel at that level .

badger
8/30/2007, 09:29 PM
Everybody say a quick prayer for PT to turn things around. Here is a Packer columnist from up north's take. He entitles it "Send in the clowns"
Paul Thompson has replaced Aaron Rodgers, who threw only seven passes before exiting.

It took Thompson exactly three plays to hit a defensive back in the hands, but the pass fell incomplete. I can't think of another quarterback who has gone from an intriguing prospect to a no-chance kid in only three practices, but Thompson's eight picks this week did it for me.

That the Packers are only down 17-14, after Rob Bironas' 51-yard field goal, is a miracle with the guys they're putting out there. But you can't just chalk up that defensive touchdown as a fluke -- it shows again the Packers have playmakers on that side of the ball, even beyond the first line.

-- Tom Pelissero, [email protected]

That's right, spam bot his inbox for bashing one of the most unselfish Sooners ever :mad: However, he had good words for another Sooner trying to make the team...

"Birdine keeps shining"
Top draft pick Justin Harrell will get the highlight tape and the slaps on the back from his family and friends tonight in his native Tennessee for his 18-yard fumble return for a game-tying touchdown.

But Larry Birdine, the undrafted rookie end out of Oklahoma, is the one who made that play -- something he's done a lot in the second half all preseason. It looked like left tackle Michael Roos gave up on the play when QB Vince Young held the ball in the pocket. That allowed Birdine to get around the end and strip Young.

Depending what the Packers do with Michael Montgomery, Birdine's consistent production may have won him a spot on this football team.

-- Tom Pelissero, [email protected]

In game news, the Packers are about to get the ball back after yet ANOTHER Tennessee field goal. The score is now...

Tennesse:30
6:38 left in 4th.

PT needs help! Do you have a lucky rabbit's foot you can hug?

jk the sooner fan
8/30/2007, 09:30 PM
birdine had a sack and a forced fumble as well tonite in this game

olevetonahill
8/30/2007, 09:31 PM
It doesnt sound like hes doing Bad , hell look at Eli and lionfart thier 1st yrs .

badger
8/30/2007, 09:35 PM
1st down (own 20): 2 yd run (not encouraging...)
2nd down: 6 yd rush (are they just giving up on PT?)
3rd down: 8 yd run (borrrrring! borrrring!!!!)

At least they're letting PT hand off the ball (???) but this is not looking good...

EDIT: I know Eli and cross-eyed were crappy, but they had the benefit of being first round picks, so the teams had to keep them. You know, draft pick and money invested. PT has no such luxury :(

badger
8/30/2007, 09:37 PM
They continue to rush the ball. I'm only updating if they let PT do something. About three minutes left. This is worse than the dentist's :mad:

EDIT: Just punted. This game's over :(

Hey mods, can you create a smiley for uncontrollable crying on here? I feel like that right now.
http://teachline.ls.huji.ac.il/72682/tutorials/behappy/crying-smiley.jpg

olevetonahill
8/30/2007, 09:40 PM
:(

jk the sooner fan
8/30/2007, 09:44 PM
i'm sure all those runs were to control injuries

the last thing a team wants to do in the last 5 minutes of the last pre-season game is to pay an injury settlement to some player they were going to cut

i wouldnt necessarily say its a reflection on PT

badger
8/30/2007, 09:47 PM
i'm sure all those runs were to control injuries

the last thing a team wants to do in the last 5 minutes of the last pre-season game is to pay an injury settlement to some player they were going to cut

i wouldnt necessarily say its a reflection on PT
He's had an incredibly bad week in practice. He needed this game to prove himself. I'm just hopeful that they'll retain him on the practice squad at this point :(

1:06 left. Packers about to receive a punt. Let's hope they give PT at least one more passing opportunity...

badger
8/30/2007, 09:53 PM
2nd down: PT rush for no gain...
*** END OF GAME ***

Titans: 30

PT stats:
6 for 9
37 yards
4.1 yards per

The Packer blogger I quoted earlier changed his "Send in the Clowns" title, fortunately. However, it looks bleak that PT will make the roster at this point.