PDA

View Full Version : Any Tampa Area Sooners, I have a beef...

IronHorseSooner
8/30/2007, 08:44 AM
:mad: I just moved down here, and have started to listen to a channel that ironically has the same name as the OKC sports station. Anyhow, they have this guy on in the morning, Dan Sileo, who is a former Miami player in the 80's. First, he said that not only does Miami have a chance to beat us, but to BLOW US OUT!!!! He claims that we are, and always have been, overrated, our secondary is overrated and slow, and we have no chance. He states that the Big XII, in itself, is horribly overrated, and is the worst BCS conference (he believes that the ACC is better). He says UTerus is the only team of any considerable stature in the conference. I thought that this was a brain cramp on his part, but I have heard it for two straight days now. I am about ready to rip him a new one over the air. This guy makes Traber look objective and calm. Does anybody know anything about this guy? Thanks.:mad: :mad: :mad:

birddog
8/30/2007, 08:49 AM
oh that's it... :les: IT'S GO TIME!!!

it's all about listeners, especially if you're looking to add to the list of 8 hurricane fans currently living down there. it would make me mad but you'll feel better calling him after the game.

Widescreen
8/30/2007, 09:14 AM
Miami's so awesome that they fired their coach last season. Whatever. :rolleyes:

Miami's unranked. And they're still overrated.

Kray
8/30/2007, 09:17 AM
A team with 7 national titles does not have considerable stature? Nebraska has no stature?

I think Miami loses to both B12 teams it plays this season. If it played in the Big 12 South, it would struggle to beat Tech and OSU. This isn't your father's Miami.

XingTheRubicon
8/30/2007, 09:19 AM
I was in Tampa a couple of times in the 90's. They never said one negative thing about Sooner Football.

OUDoc
8/30/2007, 09:23 AM
Just say "Lee Roy Selmon", he should bow down to you immediately.
Then kick him in the tooth. :)

Sooner in Tampa
8/30/2007, 09:53 AM
IHS...don't bother listening to Sileo, his a fatarse blowhard that is a homer to the bone!!

Tune to 1470 and listen to ESPN. Your blood pressure will thank you.

YWIA

OUster
8/30/2007, 10:12 AM
I didn't hear too much negative in Tampa when I was there. Of course we were in the undefeated in the regular season for both years, but for the most part...Tampa recognized!

Maybe it was because Selmom still has swag in the city. Either way, make sure you go to Selmon's restaurant on Boy Scout to watch the game with the rest of the Sun Coast Sooners. They don't care if you are alum, or not. They are a pretty good group and the venue is fun. Good looking staff, good prices, t.v.'s all around, and the legend comes in every once in a while to shake hands. I miss those guys.

Sooner in Tampa
8/30/2007, 10:16 AM
I didn't hear too much negative in Tampa when I was there. Of course we were in the undefeated in the regular season for both years, but for the most part...Tampa recognized!

Maybe it was because Selmom still has swag in the city. Either way, make sure you go to Selmon's restaurant on Boy Scout to watch the game with the rest of the Sun Coast Sooners. They don't care if you are alum, or not. They are a pretty good group and the venue is fun. Good looking staff, good prices, t.v.'s all around, and the legend comes in every once in a while to shake hands. I miss those guys.I hooked him up with Steve's email address to get in touch with the SunCoasters...they are gonna be at Selmons on Sat night...sans me...I can't make it :(

Selmons in one of the best food joints in town!

mfosterftw
8/30/2007, 10:22 AM
Oh great, I have a greater than zero chance of moving to the Tampa area in the next year and I have this sort of garbage to look forward to? Oh well, I guess it could be worse.

Marc

Sooner in Tampa
8/30/2007, 10:30 AM
Oh great, I have a greater than zero chance of moving to the Tampa area in the next year and I have this sort of garbage to look forward to? Oh well, I guess it could be worse.

MarcNo worrries dude...there are options :D

PLaw
8/30/2007, 06:32 PM
:mad: I just moved down here, and have started to listen to a channel that ironically has the same name as the OKC sports station. Anyhow, they have this guy on in the morning, Dan Sileo, who is a former Miami player in the 80's. First, he said that not only does Miami have a chance to beat us, but to BLOW US OUT!!!! He claims that we are, and always have been, overrated, our secondary is overrated and slow, and we have no chance. He states that the Big XII, in itself, is horribly overrated, and is the worst BCS conference (he believes that the ACC is better). He says UTerus is the only team of any considerable stature in the conference. I thought that this was a brain cramp on his part, but I have heard it for two straight days now. I am about ready to rip him a new one over the air. This guy makes Traber look objective and calm. Does anybody know anything about this guy? Thanks.:mad: :mad: :mad:

I lived in SoFLA for ten years - it was a SOONER desert. Thank god for the internet or I would have blown a head gasket. Fortunately, or unfortunately, we sucked during that decade.

I feel your pain.

BOOMER
PLaw

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/30/2007, 06:38 PM
We HAVE to beat the U when we play them a week from Sat. We must play with major emotion!

goingoneight
8/31/2007, 02:34 AM
I am curious to see how great they are tomorrow, you guys?