PDA

View Full Version : [some husker] Texas has been the bane of my existence since 1996

StormySooner-IN
8/29/2007, 05:38 PM
heh, I found this on some message board. (http://college.realfootball365.com/)

I thought preety funny. And true. :D:texan:

Texas has been the bane of my existence since 1996, 9 years before Vince Young schooled USC for their long-awaited Title. I don't garner joy in their losing just because they have risen to dominance, upset us in the '96 Conference Champ. game, or broke our home winning streak in '98; no, there are other reasons, as listed...

1. I lived in the Lone Star state for 5 years (back in Nebraska now, thank God), and I can't count how many times I heard, "Texas is the only state that was once it's own country, and we could be our own country again if we wanted to." My response to that is "Oh yeah? Well, Ozzie Osborne peed on the Alamo. Remember the Alamo!"

2. Horns fans don't usually wave their ovarian-like burnt orange and white flags during games; they wave their state flag. That's not pride. That's arrogance. Husker fans, have you ever seen the blue and gold of Nebraska's flag waving proudly in Lincoln on Saturdays, or for that matter, is there any other college that hoists the flag of their state in place of their university's?

3. Let's see, there was Major Applewhite's "It wasn't calculus." statement regarding the Blackshirts' defensive strategy after the game in Austin in '99. There was redemption in the Big 12 Title game, but where did that get us? Still playing with Dr. Tom recruits, that was the best chance at a Title Solich had.

4. Speaking of the our last Big 12 Title (it's been WAY too long), there was the incident toward the end of the game where BEVO crapped in the Husker end zone directly on the 'N.' Coincidence? I think not. They had that poor mangy excuse for a cow standing on the 'N' for at least 5 minutes because they KNEW it had to crap. Classy.

5. After narrowly defeating our 7-7 '02 team in Lincoln, a Texas linebacker decided to show his pride and take a large Longhorn flag (surprisingly, not a Texas flag) and 'plant' it at the 50 yd. line. Showing what Texas education is all about, it didn't take him and his entourage very long to figure out they in fact had not been playing on grass the last 3 1/2 hours, but impenetrable FieldTurf. I'm sure they were thinking at that point, 'We're Texas.'

6. Finally, the fact that they are National Champs currently (they claim to have 4, pfft) is good enough reason extract ample enjoyment from a win, not to mention they've beaten us the last 2 times and lead the series. I would take our little Midwestern college of ~18,000 defeating the mighty Texas university of ~55,000 with a lot of enjoyment; heck I would like that more than our gutsy comeback win over Meechicken in Ozzie's bathroom.

#4 is my fave.

SicEmBaylor
8/29/2007, 05:48 PM
In defense of the state of Texas, let me say this.

1. There is every reason to be proud of the Texas War of Independence and the sacrifice made by those at the Alamo. Degrading that sacrafice just isn't very classy.

2. I'm guessing that has a hell of a lot to do with the fact that Nebraska doesn't have the same depth of state history or pride that Texas has. I'm no Texas homer, but I admire the way that they take pride in their state. EVERY American should first and foremost be loyal and take pride in their own state. I wish more states were the same way.

3. Okay.

4. Heh

5. Now that's funny.

6. Nebraska only has 18k students!?

rufnek05
8/29/2007, 05:49 PM
oh thats funny. thank you i need a reason to laugh for 15 minutes.

royalfan5
8/29/2007, 07:03 PM
6. Nebraska only has 18k students!?
It's up to around 21K now.

StoopTroup
8/29/2007, 07:14 PM
If the RRSO ever ended and we began playing In Norman and erstin...

There is no way Bevo should be allowed in the stadium.