PDA

View Full Version : Serious question about Craig

limey_sooner
8/29/2007, 02:39 PM
Why are so many of this guys colleagues howling for his head when they seem fine with Vitter seeing prostitutes and William Jefferson hiding a butt load of money in his freezer.

GrapevineSooner
8/29/2007, 02:45 PM
I dunno.

In my mind, corruption is a lot worse than getting a little prostitution action or gay action on the side. To me, the latter two situations are more personal.

And since I'm not a family member or spouse of Vitter or Craig, it's not exactly my place to render a personal judgement.

It does make him Craig look like a hypocrite, though. His reaction the past few days also makes him sound like an idiot.

mdklatt
8/29/2007, 02:46 PM
The more I think about this, the more I think Craig got the shaft--so to speak. He got arrested for lewd behavior, but he never got around to doing anything lewd. Maybe he was just gonna ask for the cop's phone number, or take him to a hotel. All he actually did was come on to a guy. Is that illegal?

Frozen Sooner
8/29/2007, 02:47 PM
That last bit that Grapevine said.

I don't really care whether the dude is gay or not. But he's showing some pretty deep contempt for the public if he thinks people are going to buy his current story.

Hamhock
8/29/2007, 02:48 PM
where does Barney Frank fit in?

no pun intended

Stoop Dawg
8/29/2007, 02:49 PM
Who is Craig?

mdklatt
8/29/2007, 02:50 PM
Who is Craig?

Senator "Wide Stance"

Stoop Dawg
8/29/2007, 02:53 PM
Looked it up, this must be what you guys are talking about:

According to the arrest report cited by Roll Call, Craig tapped his right foot, which the officer said he recognized "as a signal used by persons wishing to engage in lewd conduct."

The report alleges Craig then touched the officer's foot with his foot and the senator "proceeded to swipe his hand under the stall divider several times," according to Roll Call.

At that point, the officer said he put his police identification down by the floor so Craig could see it and informed the senator that he was under arrest, before any sexual contact took place.

So his full crime was "tapping his right foot" and "swiping his hand under the stall"? Wow.

mdklatt
8/29/2007, 02:55 PM
So his full crime was "tapping his right foot" and "swiping his hand under the stall"? Wow.

Pretty much. I don't doubt that he was up to no good, but there's certainly no proof of that.

Frozen Sooner
8/29/2007, 02:58 PM
One wonders why he pleaded out if that's all he did.

Howzit
8/29/2007, 02:58 PM
It's complicated a bit by the fact that he plead guilty, of course.

Howzit
8/29/2007, 02:59 PM
:les: DAMNMODSKEEPINMEDOWNAGIN!!!

:mack:

Frozen Sooner
8/29/2007, 03:01 PM
I'm POWER MAD! I read your post then travelled BACK IN TIME to make my post.

'Cause that's the sponsor gift.

mdklatt
8/29/2007, 03:04 PM
It's complicated a bit by the fact that he plead guilty, of course.

A guilty plea isn't worth anything without evidence is it? There's nothing for him to plead guilty to, because a crime didn't actually occur.

Frozen Sooner
8/29/2007, 03:07 PM
He plead guilty to disorderly conduct. If the DA charges you with something and your plea is guilty, then they don't have to present evidence. The time to make a habeus corpus argument was before he plead guilty.

mdklatt
8/29/2007, 03:09 PM
He plead guilty to disorderly conduct.

Oh, I thought it was lewd behavior. Anything could be considered disorderly conduct.

Stoop Dawg
8/29/2007, 03:10 PM
A guilty plea isn't worth anything without evidence is it? There's nothing for him to plead guilty to, because a crime didn't actually occur.

A guilty plea may not hold much legal water, but I agree that it affects public opinion.

One wonders how idiots like this get elected to public office.

Howzit
8/29/2007, 03:12 PM

Heck if I know. But I do know that 1tc named his boat after me.

So I've got that going for me.

mdklatt
8/29/2007, 03:14 PM
But I do know that 1tc named his boat after me.

FREEBALLIN'

Ardmore, OK

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/29/2007, 03:25 PM
He will wind up resigning.

Scott D
8/29/2007, 03:28 PM
He will wind up resigning.

now if only the other 500 idiots in washington would follow suit.

8/29/2007, 03:32 PM
now if only the other 500 idiots in washington would follow suit.SCOTT D for US Senate! What are your campaign promises?

Scott D
8/29/2007, 03:33 PM
To destroy the legislative branch in it's current incarnation.

limey_sooner
8/29/2007, 03:34 PM
I just don't buy the whole hypocrisy angle. Again, look at some of the things that Vitter said about Slick Willy. Just as hypocritical for him.

8/29/2007, 03:36 PM
To destroy the legislative branch in it's current incarnation.Would you go with just a POTUS and a SCOTUS?

Scott D
8/29/2007, 03:39 PM
No, that'd defeat the purpose of three separate but equal branches of Government. Technically all three branches need serious overhauls, but the most work is to be done with the Legislative branch.

Ike
8/29/2007, 03:42 PM
I think a lot of the washington peeps people calling for the resignation of SWS (Senator Wide Stance) while not being equally condemning of Vitter or Jefferson are somewhat exposing themselves to the public. Getting nookie from a hooker or taking money under the table, IMO, is probably all part of daily operations for a lot of these people. However, since (probably) most of them don't regularly go out looking for buttsecks in airport bathrooms, it's easy for them to condemn SWS and generally **** and moan. However for their colleagues that engage in the same behavior that they regularly engage in...well, they tend to let that slide for fear that they may one day be exposed too.

limey_sooner
8/29/2007, 03:46 PM
However, since (probably) most of them don't regularly go out looking for buttsecks in airport bathrooms...

Bath houses then?

8/29/2007, 03:49 PM
No, that'd defeat the purpose of three separate but equal branches of Government. Technically all three branches need serious overhauls, but the most work is to be done with the Legislative branch.What litmi tests would you apply?

Scott D
8/29/2007, 03:55 PM
Occupational diversity, term limitations, annual job reviews with potential to be recalled by constituency.

C&CDean
8/29/2007, 03:59 PM
In case you haven't noticed there limey, folks are ignoring you. Why you ask? Because you're the leftist limp-wristed version of our very own Tuba.

Don't take it personal, we ignore him too.

limey_sooner
8/29/2007, 04:04 PM
In case you haven't noticed there limey, folks are ignoring you. Why you ask? Because you're the leftist limp-wristed version of our very own Tuba.

Don't take it personal, we ignore him too.

1) I'm so hurt. Whatever will I do.

2) 31 replies. Yeah, that's ignoring.

3) Leftist? Hardly. I'm just waiting for the real republican party to come back rather than elitist, constitution shredding, Woodrow Wilson impersonating morons the Republicans have become.