PDA

View Full Version : Central University of North Texas

Blitzkrieg
8/29/2007, 01:10 PM
Those would be some funny helmets.

rufnek05
8/29/2007, 01:17 PM
Friends University of Central Kansas. its a real place too. well now its just Friends University

freshchris05
8/29/2007, 01:22 PM
funnier mascot.. i mean anything would be humorous in a middle skool like way...

The Pirates
The Tigers
The Sharks
The Goldbugs(alva ;))

OUDoc
8/29/2007, 01:24 PM
Wouldn't their campus radio station call letters be K followed by UNT?

King Crimson
8/29/2007, 01:26 PM
actually, after the Barnett fiasco at CU and later the CU prez, Betsy Hoffman, made some weird PR gaff about how in medieval literature sometimes the word that rhymes with "hunt" but starts with a c was used as a term of endearment like "the N word".....

CU played North Texas that year and there was joking on CU boards about having the Folsom Field scoreboard read:

(Game Clock)

CU ------------------------------------------- NT.

(score) (score)

etc.

King Crimson
8/29/2007, 01:30 PM
i tried to separate the letters more than that.....a couple diff ways, but the tab buttons don't work like that here.

if anyone finds that offensive, a mod, or not proper for younger people reading the board i'm happy to edit the post blank

rufnek05
8/29/2007, 02:11 PM
hey, the goldbugs are symbol of excellence.

Beef
8/29/2007, 02:31 PM
I believe it actually was for a while, but then changed.

OUDL
8/29/2007, 06:35 PM
fwiw,

in the late 80's early 90's UNT had a radio station with the standard radio designation of K*** that was absolutely the funniest thing that was ever stated on radio.

"youre listening to K. U." you get the point.

bluedogok
8/29/2007, 08:39 PM
The station does somewhat exist.....

StarBulletin.com - K-WHAT? Unbuilt Maui TV station lands questionable call letters

THE call letters KUNT have landed at a yet-unbuilt low-power digital television station in Wailuku, Maui.

Alarmingly similar to a word the dictionary says is obscene, the call letters were among a 15-page list of new call letters issued by the Federal Communications Commission and released this week.

The same station owner also received KWTF for a station in Arizona.

Click here for the rest of the article (http://starbulletin.com/2007/07/26/business/engle.html)

King Crimson
8/29/2007, 08:55 PM
i like KWTF

on the impossible chance the FCC ever got off big industry jock sniffing, and actually gave small power licenses....that would be a great call sign.