PDA

View Full Version : Ford Center

Petro-Sooner
8/29/2007, 12:45 PM
I'm moving this to the SO from the basketball forum. More traffic.

Sorry if its already been brought up.

So I here talk that if the Sonics come to OKC they will get a new arena. Why is that? Whats wrong with the Ford Center specifically? Cant those things that need "upgraded" be done with the FC? And third, yes at the time we didnt have an opportunity to have pro basketball but why wasnt the FC built with the things that a new arena would have?

Jimminy Crimson
8/29/2007, 01:03 PM
It's a middle of the pack NBA arena. Still a good arena, but can be used to replace the Cox Center.

rufnek05
8/29/2007, 01:05 PM
the hornets played there, so shouldn't it be good enough for the sonics? i mean they're not that much better than the hornets

Boomer.....
8/29/2007, 01:08 PM
The Hornets were only temporary. If they became permanent, I'm sure that they would want the Ford Center upgraded as well.

dolemitesooner
8/29/2007, 01:29 PM
They would within 5 years build a new arena

mdklatt
8/29/2007, 01:31 PM
WTF are we going to do with three downtown arenas?

bri
8/29/2007, 01:40 PM
Build a fourth one?

Petro-Sooner
8/29/2007, 01:41 PM
What needs specifically upgraded? Who would build this new arena? If the team wants OKC to would the people say screw you we just built one. If its not good enough for you then tough.

mdklatt
8/29/2007, 01:44 PM
Build a fourth one?

Imagine having your choice of going to an FFA convention, a Toby Keith concert, Disney on Ice, or a Sonics game all on the same night.

OKC > Tulsa

Boarder
8/29/2007, 01:56 PM
Imagine having your choice of going to an FFA convention, a Toby Keith concert, Disney on Ice, or a Sonics game all on the same night.

OKC > Tulsa
I'm all giddy just thinking about it.

bri
8/29/2007, 02:46 PM

What does the fair have to do with the fact that you guys are filling every inch of unused space with crappy arenas?