PDA

View Full Version : Crocker suffers leg injury

colleyvillesooner
8/29/2007, 12:14 PM
http://newsok.com/article/3113413/1188401653

NORMAN — Oklahoma basketball player Tony Crocker sustained a leg injury Tuesday in practice and will miss four to six weeks.

That leaves the Sooners two players short for this weekend's international tour to Vancouver, British Columbia. Junior point guard Austin Johnson will not make the trip because of an ailing back.

Further details of Crocker's injury are expected to be released by OU later today, but it is believed that Crocker is suffering from compartment syndrome.

Compartment syndrome is an acute medical problem following injury or surgery in which increased pressure within a confined space in the body impairs blood supply. Without prompt treatment, the condition can lead to nerve damage or muscle death.

Crocker, a 6-foot-5 sophomore shooting guard, is expected to return in time for the regular season. Two years ago, Crocker battled injuries to his left ankle and knee, missing the majority of his prep school season at the Patterson School. He had arthroscopic surgery on the knee prior to last season.

It is not currently known if the surgery or previous injuries contributed to this problem.

As a true freshman last season, Crocker was fourth on the team in scoring with 8.6 points per game.

Jeopardude
8/29/2007, 12:50 PM
Jeez, can this team catch a break? :(

OSUAggie
8/29/2007, 01:05 PM
That's a strange injury; tough break.

stoopified
8/30/2007, 10:10 AM
Jeez, can this team catch a break? :(
Pretty much what I was thinking Although in my mind it was Can't Capel catch a break?

birddog
8/30/2007, 10:44 AM
:eddie:

King Crimson
8/30/2007, 12:06 PM
not good news, but the kids get to play (Leary and Godbold are the 1-2's i guess).....i think Godbold is a great Sooner, does a lot for us....but i don't want to see him taking game-winning shots.

stoopified
8/30/2007, 01:27 PM
not good news, but the kids get to play (Leary and Godbold are the 1-2's i guess).....i think Godbold is a great Sooner, does a lot for us....but i don't want to see him taking game-winning shots.
I love seeing any Sooner take game WINNING shots its the potentialy game winners that make me nervous.