PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for the DISH guy sucks!

stoopified
8/29/2007, 11:49 AM
We had our house roofed and of course the roofers had to take the dish down to roof,They did put it back up but I have no receotion.I called last Thursday and today is the first day they could realign my dish.So here I have sat waiting for the tech to show up between 8am and noon.Lat time we needed a tech they were supposed to be here between noon and 5pm and showed at 1115 am(45 minutes EARLY).We were not home and had to rescheduhle.When I pointed out that we were home during our alloted time frame it made no difference.That is my one grpe with DISH,getting asevice tech out to fix your problem.The tech just showed up.THAK GOD! Rant over.

Mongo
8/29/2007, 12:00 PM
get a satellite signal finder and do it your self. it is pretty simple. I use it everytime I move to a new rig, or if the Okie wind gets strong enough to knock it out of alignment.

They are like $20

Hot Rod
8/29/2007, 12:02 PM
Wow! Service people giving a time slot to come out and not showing up during that time? That's new.

Good luck!

jeremy885
8/29/2007, 12:13 PM
COX>dish

r5TPsooner
8/29/2007, 12:27 PM
He'll show up when he pleases and look like he just came from prison.

That's when I decided that DirecTV was for me.

JohnnyMack
8/29/2007, 12:29 PM
Cox is supposed to be at the house between 1 and 3 on Saturday to install our cable. Kind of a tight window considering what time the game is, but it was the best we could get.

oumartin
8/29/2007, 03:13 PM
Dish=Suckness anyhow.

IB4OU2
8/29/2007, 03:21 PM
I'm surprised the technician didn't mark the antenna when it was set up initially unless you had to move it to a new location the dish/antenna should have the settings marked and all you have to do is remount it.

stoopified
8/30/2007, 12:51 PM
If I could meld DISH picture superiority with 9and better value) with cable service I would be happy camper.BTW thanksw Mongo for your suggestion.