PDA

View Full Version : I really don't think there's anything funnier than this

Boarder
8/29/2007, 11:26 AM
Yesterday I was on 24th SW and turned eastbound onto hwy 9 by Atwoods. There was a black car right beside me and we both got up to 50 mph and stayed there (the speed limit). We didn't hit a red light until Chautaqua. The whole time there was this gray minivan right behind me to where I could only see half the windshield. My truck's much bigger and I was going the speed limit or slightly higher so I didn't care. Didn't even look in the mirror much.

Me and the black car took off from Chautaqua basically the same, then we hit the light at Jenkins. The guy was so close behind me that when I started to brake (slowly, not hammering the brake) I could see the front end dive like they had to really get on the brakes hard. I chuckled a bit at that one. So, when the light turned green I took off fast and got up to 50. The black car didn't take off as fast and it made a gap between us. The minivan saw the opportunity and flew around me and took off. I just continued on at 50, not worrying about it.

We got around the corner and the minivan was almost to the next stop light when I saw the lights come on in the westbound lane. One of Norman's finest crossed the median and pulled over the minivan. The black car pulled up beside me and I rolled my window down to share the mass hilarity with me.

I'm here to tell you, it just don't get much funnier than that. And the best part is that it's the second time in two weeks that has happened. The first time was a guy who passed in a no passing zone out farther east on Hwy 9 and then was pulled over a mile or so later.

OUDoc
8/29/2007, 11:35 AM
I've never seen a jackass get pulled over when they deserve it. I wish you could have taped it, Boarder.

Boarder
8/29/2007, 11:36 AM
I was this close to taking a picture but I couldn't grab the phone fast enough.

Hot Rod
8/29/2007, 11:39 AM
Need a priceless tag in here somewhere.

I love it! Just think...had it not been for you gunning it at that green light, they wouldn't have been pulled over.

Czar Soonerov
8/29/2007, 12:04 PM
Language NSFW (http://www.theonion.com/content/video/live_from_congress_the_skull/)

rufnek05
8/29/2007, 12:11 PM
i've never heard of anyone really doing that.

Czar Soonerov
8/29/2007, 12:14 PM
Language NSFW (http://www.theonion.com/content/video/live_from_congress_the_skull/)

heh, wrong thread.

OUDoc
8/29/2007, 12:25 PM
heh, wrong thread.
Yup. Drunk with power.
Or alcohol.

:)

SCOUT
8/29/2007, 12:51 PM
heh, wrong thread.

I am not so sure that doesn't belong in the "...anything funnier than this" thread too.

dolemitesooner
8/29/2007, 12:55 PM
WOW

LosAngelesSooner
8/29/2007, 01:03 PM
Man...that's one thing I will never get over. The cops in LA and the cops in OK are SO different...

def_lazer_fc
8/29/2007, 01:05 PM
the fact that it was a minivan adds to the funny in this case. was it a guy driving it? if so, he probably always drives like that b/c he's ****ed that he's driving a minivan. no offense to any male minivan drivers.

KABOOKIE
8/29/2007, 01:06 PM
Man...that's one thing I will never get over. The cops in LA and the cops in OK are SO different...

Are they prettier in LA?

rufnek05
8/29/2007, 01:07 PM

so in LA they would have pulled him out and beat him?

dolemitesooner
8/29/2007, 01:13 PM
Are they prettier in LA?
Dude really? What is your problem

LosAngelesSooner
8/29/2007, 01:16 PM
so in LA they would have pulled him out and beat him?No. They probably would have pulled Boarder over (if he was the one in the left lane) for impeding traffic.

Cops in LA just almost NEVER pull people over for speeding. They figure that if you actually get the chance to go 50 they should let you relish it for about the 6 seconds its going to last.

Besides...out here they're kinda like, "Hey...that guys is speeding. Let's go get...wait. We're getting a call for a mass drug related gang shooting by USC's campus. I guess that takes priority. Let's go!"

;)

Boarder
8/29/2007, 01:17 PM
so in LA they would have pulled him out and beat him?
And I would have definitely videoed it.

dolemitesooner
8/29/2007, 01:18 PM
No. They probably would have pulled Boarder over (if he was the one in the left lane) for impeding traffic.

Cops in LA just almost NEVER pull people over for speeding. They figure that if you actually get the chance to go 50 they should let you relish it for about the 6 seconds its going to last.

Besides...out here they're kinda like, "Hey...that guys is speeding. Let's go get...wait. We're getting a call for a mass drug related gang shooting by USC's campus. I guess that takes priority. Let's go!"

;)
Dude when we were out there we did 100 everywhere....Passing cops left and right ....Ohh wait no we never saw a ****ing cop for 5 days ..it was awesome

LosAngelesSooner
8/29/2007, 01:21 PM
Dude really? What is your problemHe and his 6 friends are like Remoras.

I post something and, inevitably, there are little ignored posts by about 2 or 3 of them with some kind of smart assed comment (like that one) or flame baiting. Then they wonder/cry about why I keep them on ignore. *shrug*

:rolleyes:

LosAngelesSooner
8/29/2007, 01:22 PM
Dude when we were out there we did 100 everywhere....Passing cops left and right ....Ohh wait no we never saw a ****ing cop for 5 days ..it was awesome
Yeah. With the exception of Beverly Hills, they just don't go after people for speeding.

Red lights...now that's a different story.

dolemitesooner
8/29/2007, 01:24 PM
Yeah. With the exception of Beverly Hills, they just don't go after people for speeding.

Red lights...now that's a different story.
Beverley hills....**** when we were there we were going 10 miles an hour...lol

Boarder
8/29/2007, 01:24 PM
How was i impeding? I took off fast to specifically let him go.

dolemitesooner
8/29/2007, 01:25 PM
How was i impeding? I took off fast to specifically let him go.
You were in the fast lane....you know what you were doin bitch:D

Boarder
8/29/2007, 01:25 PM
My truck's bigger than your minivan. GADOCADWI

dolemitesooner
8/29/2007, 01:27 PM
My truck's bigger than your minivan. GADOCADWI
Thats the ****ing truth:D

LosAngelesSooner
8/29/2007, 01:40 PM
How was i impeding? I took off fast to specifically let him go.Yeah. The second time. Initially you were driving for a long while directly next to another car, right? Maybe I read you wrong.

And I'm not being critical, I'm just saying that the cops out here usually go for versus the cops in OK. When I lived in OK I probably got about 20 speeding tickets over the course of 6 years. In LA? ZERO (knock on wood) in 9 years.

OK cops set up speed traps and go after flashy cars to an inappropriate degree. It's a revenue generator for most small towns.

Boarder
8/29/2007, 01:55 PM
All you criminals always gripe about cops.

:D

JohnnyMack
8/29/2007, 01:57 PM
Afro-Ninja vehemently disagrees.

Stoop Dawg
8/29/2007, 02:33 PM
No. They probably would have pulled Boarder over (if he was the one in the left lane) for impeding traffic.

If they pulled people over for impeding traffic in Dallas, they'd have to hire a lot more cops.

I've never been in a "big city" where people drive so slooooooow. There are 5 lanes of traffic on I-35 downtown, and there is invariably some schmuck (or trucker) in the left lane driving 55.

LosAngelesSooner
8/29/2007, 02:42 PM
If they pulled people over for impeding traffic in Dallas, they'd have to hire a lot more cops.

I've never been in a "big city" where people drive so slooooooow. There are 5 lanes of traffic on I-35 downtown, and there is invariably some schmuck (or trucker) in the left lane driving 55.
And then he'll yell out the window at you, "Slow DOWN!!!" and mutter to himself proudly about how they don't need to be driving so fast and how if they would just leave earlier they wouldn't have to drive so fast...etc...etc...

Then he'd spit.

;)

Boarder
8/29/2007, 02:49 PM
Unless you're going long distances you save less than a few minutes (usually a few seconds), you endanger people more, and you waste more gas by driving over the speed limit. I used to be the same way.

I drive around 8 miles down hwy 9 each day to the interstate. About 75% of the time there will be some speedy speederton darting in and out of traffic. About 99% of the time, that person beats me to I-35 by 10 seconds or less.

Dio
8/29/2007, 06:19 PM
I've never seen a jackass get pulled over when they deserve it. I wish you could have taped it, Boarder.

There are few things like it. I don't drive slow like Boarder :D, but this guy passed me in the center turn lane on Robinson after an OU game. He didn't make the light to turn left onto 12th, I pulled up behind him, and I see a Norman cop closing fast behind me. Light turns green, dude turns into the right lane, I made sure I turned into the left. Sure enough, the cop goes straight into the right lane and lights the guy up. It was beautiful.

olevetonahill
8/29/2007, 06:44 PM
Glad I had put My beer down :D

StoopTroup
8/29/2007, 07:07 PM

That was funny....

http://www.bio.psu.edu/people/faculty/strauss/anatomy/skel/pics/Anterior%20Skull%20copy.jpg

Skull Spek...lol

soonerboomer93
8/29/2007, 07:26 PM

When I was living in dallas a few years back, it was the cops doing the impeding. They'd line the highway and all drive at the speed limit for a few miles right around rush hour. I remember there was a big stink about them adding to the traffic problems.

olevetonahill
8/29/2007, 07:36 PM
When I was living in dallas a few years back, it was the cops doing the impeding. They'd line the highway and all drive at the speed limit for a few miles right around rush hour. I remember there was a big stink about them adding to the traffic problems.
99.9% of cops :D

OklaPony
8/29/2007, 10:01 PM
Yep, they were called "rolling roadblocks" and were one of the more stupid things ever thought up by pointy-head traffic safety types. I was commuting down there every week for work at the time but managed to avoid them for the most part.

P.S. - Folks, please remember when driving on an interstate that the left lane is for passing, not cruising at 5 mph under the posted limit.

P.P.S. - Texas still sucks.

GottaHavePride
8/29/2007, 11:29 PM
Is the left lane fo cruising 10 mph over the speed limit?

I only do that when there's no other traffic in that lane, though. I move over when I see some ********* doing 25 over barrelling up behind me.

silverwheels
8/29/2007, 11:58 PM
I've seen better: one night sometime after 2...don't really remember, but I was being dropped off by my designated driver, and we were behind a cop who was behind a black truck. We went down a hill and I saw why the cop was following the truck: there were tons of people in the truck bed. My friend takes a shortcut to my house that let us intercept the cop and his quarry, and sure enough, the truck was full of Hispanics, some of them kids. The cop finally pulled them over across the street from my house and they all had the "Oh, s**t!" looks on their faces. It was quite humorous to a drunk fellow like me.

KC//CRIMSON
8/30/2007, 12:01 AM
Yesterday I was on 24th SW and turned eastbound onto hwy 9 by Atwoods. There was a black car right beside me and we both got up to 50 mph and stayed there (the speed limit). We didn't hit a red light until Chautaqua. The whole time there was this gray minivan right behind me to where I could only see half the windshield. My truck's much bigger and I was going the speed limit or slightly higher so I didn't care. Didn't even look in the mirror much.

Me and the black car took off from Chautaqua basically the same, then we hit the light at Jenkins. The guy was so close behind me that when I started to brake (slowly, not hammering the brake) I could see the front end dive like they had to really get on the brakes hard. I chuckled a bit at that one. So, when the light turned green I took off fast and got up to 50. The black car didn't take off as fast and it made a gap between us. The minivan saw the opportunity and flew around me and took off. I just continued on at 50, not worrying about it.

We got around the corner and the minivan was almost to the next stop light when I saw the lights come on in the westbound lane. One of Norman's finest crossed the median and pulled over the minivan. The black car pulled up beside me and I rolled my window down to share the mass hilarity with me.

I'm here to tell you, it just don't get much funnier than that. And the best part is that it's the second time in two weeks that has happened. The first time was a guy who passed in a no passing zone out farther east on Hwy 9 and then was pulled over a mile or so later.
I've got that beat.

When another driver deliberately steps on the gas to keep you from merging onto the highway, and rams into the back of the car in front of him that has come to a dead stop.

f-ing priceless.

dolemitesooner
8/30/2007, 12:04 AM
All you criminals always gripe about cops.

:D
Yeah I ****ing hate the cops

Soonerus
8/30/2007, 12:09 AM
not dole....

goingoneight
8/30/2007, 01:24 AM
:les: BRAKE CHECK!!!

Stoop Dawg
8/30/2007, 03:01 PM
Unless you're going long distances you save less than a few minutes (usually a few seconds), you endanger people more, and you waste more gas by driving over the speed limit.

For my part, I was specifically talking about interstate driving.

Driving fast doesn't significantly endanger more people. Weaving in and out of traffic trying to get around the slow-pokes does. If you are not in a hurry, talking on your phone, or are "safety minded", just stay in the right 2 or 3 lanes. Let all the crazies drive 100mph in the left 2 lanes. Maybe we'll all kill each other and then you'll be rid of us!

Oh, and truckers should not be allowed to stay in the left lane for more than 60 seconds. If you can't pass in 60 seconds, just stay where you are.

Boarder
8/30/2007, 06:24 PM
Yeah, let me clarify. I didn't have the minivan behind me until Chatauqua. From Chatauqua to Jenkins is not very far, I didn't really have a chance to move over. So, at Jenkins, I did. Then he got Ramboed.

On the Interstate, I'll move over and let the rabbits by. I used to care like I was losing a race or something. Now, not so much.

I don't impede whan I can get over.

Sooner_Bob
1/10/2008, 06:25 PM
On the Interstate, I'll move over and let the rabbits by. I used to care like I was losing a race or something. Now, not so much.

As it should be . . . ;)

TUSooner
1/10/2008, 07:20 PM
Yeah, let me clarify. I didn't have the minivan behind me until Chatauqua. From Chatauqua to Jenkins is not very far, I didn't really have a chance to move over. So, at Jenkins, I did. Then he got Ramboed.

Me too. But I also expect others to do the same.

C&CDean
1/10/2008, 08:13 PM
Me too. But I also expect others to do the same.

You just killed a triple scotch. WTF are you doing driving?

olevetonahill
1/10/2008, 08:33 PM
You just killed a triple scotch. WTF are you doing driving?
Damn drunk drivers
He needs to get back 0n the train :D