PDA

View Full Version : Taking my daughter to her 1st OU home game Sat.

mikee likee
8/29/2007, 09:11 AM
She is very excited, as for me I can take it or leave it.:)

BTW I like Barry Switzer. It certainly was not boring during his tenure.

SteelClip49
8/29/2007, 09:33 AM
Your daughter is lucky to be seeing her first game in the Stoops era. My first game was in the Gibbs era, blah.

cozysooner
8/29/2007, 09:47 AM
Hey cool, I am taking my son to his first OU game this Saturday as well. Funny, the first thing he asked me after I told him he could go was "can we get nachos?"

Widescreen
8/29/2007, 10:13 AM
I took my daughter to her 1st OU game last year. It was against ISU. And we got to see AD break his collarbone in the endzone right in front of us. :mad:

BermudaSooner
8/29/2007, 10:58 AM
Oh yea, well I'm taking my 2 daughters to their first game on Saturday. ;)

SteelClip49
8/29/2007, 10:59 AM
I will take my kid to his first game whenever I get married, and have one. So, looks like around 2015.

douxpaysan
8/29/2007, 11:02 AM
Oh yea, well I'm taking my 2 daughters to their first game on Saturday. ;)
I raise you three lovely daughters and two worthless sons-in-law.:pop:

Sooner24
8/29/2007, 01:35 PM

Is that your daughter in your avitar mikee? ;)

By the way my youngest son will be attending his 101st game on Sat.

Spanish Sooner
8/29/2007, 02:50 PM
I took my 1 year old cousin to his first OU game last year, he was under 1 at the time, my uncle and aunt were out of town, my folks where baby sitting, they came up for the Tech Game cause it was Parents weekend, and we took the little tyke to his first OU game, kinda felt bad though, because I stole that privelage from my uncle, but oh well. Besides the kid is my God Son, so better me then someone else right. Plus I just bought my cousin his first jersey, just in time for the season.

setem
8/29/2007, 03:01 PM
Is that your daughter in your avitar mikee? ;)

:pop: Yeah is that her?

fadada1
8/29/2007, 03:42 PM
i'm trying to plan a trip to OU to take my lady to a game - poor girl went to temple.

SteelClip49
8/29/2007, 04:59 PM
temple has a few bowl appearances and actually game Miami game in 2002, something like that, and led 8-7 midway through the 3rd quarter.

olevetonahill
8/29/2007, 05:08 PM
Im prolly gonna be taking My 12 yr old Grandaughter to the osu game :D

soonerloyal
8/29/2007, 05:51 PM
That's great, her first game! How old is the little gal?

Start her out right. Have you shelled out a bunch for appropriate attire? Don't forget the little temp tats for her face.

I got my "adopted honorary grandson" his first OU item, for his first Sooner season. An OU pacifier and it's the only one he'll use. He was five minutes old when he got it. I'm still angry at myself for not being quicker. He's three and a half months old and he coos "Oooooouuuuu" on cue. That'll do for a start...

CtheB
8/29/2007, 10:45 PM

Enjoy it man, it's special. I took my little girl to her first game two years ago when she was 5. Absolutely one of the best times I've ever had at a game, and we lost it (to TCU). Before the game, linger on the north side of the stadium. i took my daughter that direction and she got to take pics with the cheerleaders, still has it on her wall.

Next year, when my son turns 5, he gets his first taste of Sooner football in person, and I am really looking forward to it.

Cherish the day. It's special. You can truly see the excitement and the magic in their eyes. It's something special to hold on to.

Have fun.

Soonerus
8/29/2007, 10:48 PM
Enjoy it man, it's special. I took my little girl to her first game two years ago when she was 5. Absolutely one of the best times I've ever had at a game, and we lost it (to TCU). Before the game, linger on the north side of the stadium. i took my daughter that direction and she got to take pics with the cheerleaders, still has it on her wall.

Next year, when my son turns 5, he gets his first taste of Sooner football in person, and I am really looking forward to it.

Cherish the day. It's special. You can truly see the excitement and the magic in their eyes. It's something special to hold on to.

Have fun.

You've got it....

goingoneight
8/29/2007, 11:00 PM
Congratulations... :)

When all is said and done, point to the scoreboard and tell her that this is what we do to TEXAS teams. :D My grandpa told me that when I was just a little goingonsix... :D

eyeballjr
8/29/2007, 11:01 PM
Little boy "Rocky" gets his first taste this year, it was supposed to be last year, but decided a 5 year old didn't need to make the trip to kansas City when it was 0 out side

goingoneight
8/29/2007, 11:03 PM
Why not? :pop:

;) j/k.

Crimson Kid
8/29/2007, 11:07 PM
Cool!!

It will be my first ou game also.

mikee likee
8/30/2007, 07:04 AM
I will be wearing sooner attire maybe you can pick us out:D

swardboy
8/30/2007, 07:15 AM
If your avatar is your daughter I could pick you out.

IGotNoTiming
8/30/2007, 07:35 AM
I can't wait until my newborn attends his first game- but at 5 weeks of age he just likes to poop and smile.....

r5TPsooner
8/30/2007, 08:57 AM
My daughter just started kindergarten and is five years old. I'm debating on whether to take her to a game this year or next year.

I'm thinking Baylor if we do go this year.

mxATVracer10
8/30/2007, 11:51 AM
Its looking like most of ya'll think 5 years old is the magic number for first game, right? My daughter will be 2 in Nov. and I cant wait to take her to a game, but I want to take her when she will be able to half way comprehend the game and at least know whats going on. Having to pay full price for a ticket for her makes this an even more important issue. :(

SoonerShark
8/30/2007, 11:53 AM
Your daughter is lucky to be seeing her first game in the Stoops era. My first game was in the Gibbs era, blah.

My first game was Bud after his glory years, but I was only 2.